PDA

View Full Version : Millard

randall180
8/27/2013, 05:12 PM
I for one am excited to see Millard light up the field this season. Not too many true freshmen get touches and score touchdowns. Now that this is his last season, how do you think he'll translate to the next level? How does he do this season? Does he stay in a true Full Back position? Thought?

yermom
8/27/2013, 05:17 PM
he moves around a lot. i'm not sure i'd call what we do with him "true full back"

i hope he gets lots of touches though.

Curly Bill
8/27/2013, 05:21 PM
Fullback, H-back...depends on what the NFL sees him as, and of course who drafts him.

I'm getting a jump and calling 3rd round pick.

SoonerNomad
8/27/2013, 06:16 PM
I am guessing we will see a couple more "signature" plays from Mr. Millard. I can still see him hurdling that Texas defender down the sideline of the Cotton Bowl last October.

8timechamps
8/27/2013, 07:21 PM
I just hope he is utilized more this year. I think he will be, but there are a lot of guys, and not enough plays (Heard Stoops mention something about running 75-80 plays on offense, that's be down from previous seasons).

As for the NFL, I'm with Curly Bill, I think he'll play an H-Back at the next level. There are still teams that run a "true" fullback, but that number is dwindling. Wherever he plays, he'll be a solid addition. He's just a great old school football player (Bonus: He's not trying to play QB in the NFL).

VA Sooner
8/27/2013, 08:09 PM
I agree... I think he'll be fine in the NFL wherever they decide to use him. He works hard, plays hard, and is a good kid. Good combination and less headaches for the coaches at the next level.

swardboy
8/27/2013, 09:37 PM
Tejas worst nightmare.

SoonerForLife92
8/27/2013, 11:11 PM
I just hope he is utilized more this year. I think he will be, but there are a lot of guys, and not enough plays (Heard Stoops mention something about running 75-80 plays on offense, that's be down from previous seasons).

As for the NFL, I'm with Curly Bill, I think he'll play an H-Back at the next level. There are still teams that run a "true" fullback, but that number is dwindling. Wherever he plays, he'll be a solid addition. He's just a great old school football player (Bonus: He's not trying to play QB in the NFL).

There are definitely a lot of guys who need the carries. Personally I think his big runs were more impressive than Damien's though... So I hope he gets the ball a lot more. I am interested to see how he is utilized in the NFL since like you said many teams are fullback-less now. Hope the vikings draft him and he blocks for Peterson ha. But hell id play him at runningback too i like his vision.

PrideMom
8/29/2013, 10:45 AM
His attitude on the field is what impresses me. You can tell he truly enjoys playing the game! Love to see him run! He is also a key blocker if he does not get the ball, a complete player, he will go far.....