PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding The Game

Cheerin' 4 OU
8/27/2013, 12:59 AM
For the first time in years, I'm going to be outside of an OU broadcasting area, so I'm needing a little bit of help.

I will be in Albuquerque, NM the night of the game and I'm hoping someone could suggest a good place to go to be able to watch it and maybe have a couple of beers and a bite to eat.

I'm also looking for some kind of app that I could download for my Android that'll allow me to stream the game over the phone to listen to or a radio station that'll play the game just in case I can't find a sports bar or gah, even a Buffalo Wild Wings or something to see the game in.

olevetonahill
8/27/2013, 01:20 AM
If Albq hadnt died 2 years ago he would invite ya over. Where will you be staying? Ill see what I can find out.

Wishboned
8/27/2013, 08:14 AM
I think you can get KMOD through the I Heart Radio app. They broadcast the game. But I think their radio streaming doesn't carry the game feed. I could be wrong on that though.

HateTheWhorns
8/27/2013, 09:03 AM
For the first time in years, I'm going to be outside of an OU broadcasting area, so I'm needing a little bit of help.

I will be in Albuquerque, NM the night of the game and I'm hoping someone could suggest a good place to go to be able to watch it and maybe have a couple of beers and a bite to eat.

I'm also looking for some kind of app that I could download for my Android that'll allow me to stream the game over the phone to listen to or a radio station that'll play the game just in case I can't find a sports bar or gah, even a Buffalo Wild Wings or something to see the game in.

My recommendation is to take I-40 East to OKC. Turn south on I-35 to Norman. Exit Lindsey and go east about 10 blocks until you reach the hallowed grounds of Owen Field :friendly_wink:

Otherwise, I'm no help and good luck in your search

8timechamps
8/27/2013, 03:24 PM

I downloaded an app last year called College Football Radio. It's not free, but pretty cheap (like a buck or two), and you can listen to any game in the country. You only pay for the app once, and you have it for as long as you want. I used it last year to listen to a couple of games I couldn't watch.

As for streaming the game, the SoonerSportsTV thing may offer an option to stream on your phone.

Cheerin' 4 OU
8/28/2013, 12:03 PM
Olevet, I'll be in Albuquerque staying with relatives and in Hatch for their chile festival. I don't mind paying for an app to listen to the game. I just want to listen the game or if I'm lucky, see it someplace where I can have a few cold ones while I cheer and clap and all of that other stuff. I'll look into College Football Radio.

Any suggestions for a place to view the game in ABQ?

KantoSooner
8/28/2013, 12:31 PM
I forget the name of the place, but I watched OU games in ABQ several times. See if you can hook up with the fan club there and they might know. I'm pretty confident it will be on in some venue, there's a large Okie emigre colony there.

olevetonahill
8/28/2013, 01:07 PM
Olevet, I'll be in Albuquerque staying with relatives and in Hatch for their chile festival. I don't mind paying for an app to listen to the game. I just want to listen the game or if I'm lucky, see it someplace where I can have a few cold ones while I cheer and clap and all of that other stuff. I'll look into College Football Radio.

Any suggestions for a place to view the game in ABQ?

Are the Relatives OU fans also? Just pitch in and Buy the Game, I havnt been there in years so No clue , If the family thing wont work then a Sports bar would be my next suggestion

westbrooke
8/28/2013, 03:32 PM
Here's the NM alumni group:

http://ouclubofnewmexico.com/OU/

Looks like they usually meet at the Uptown Sports Bar and Grill.

SoonerNomad
8/28/2013, 03:58 PM
Jesse Pinkman is hosting a watch party over at his place. He has all the stations.

8timechamps
8/28/2013, 06:29 PM
Jesse Pinkman is hosting a watch party over at his place. He has all the stations.

That changed. The last time I saw Pinkman, he was filling up gas cans and muttering something about "Mr. White" and "Bitch". He said he wouldn't be around for the game.