PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Depth Chart

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 05:33 PM
Used to be able to look at the depth chart on SoonerSports, but that's no longer available (maybe it will make a return eventually). Anyway, here is the "official" depth chart that was made available to the media at today's press conference

Offense

WR 1: Saunders, Metoyer, Reynolds
WR 2: Bester, Cavil, Neal
WR S: Shepard, Woods, Young

TE: Green, Knight, McNamara

RB: Clay -or- Williams, Finch
FB: Millard, Ripkowski, Palange

QB: Knight, Bell, Thompson

LT: Thompson, Reed*, St. John
LG: Shead, Savage, Hughes
C: Ikard, Darlington, Woods
RG: Irwin, Kasitati, Feo
RT: Williams, Farniok, Daimler

* Reed has been suspended.

Defense:

LE: Tapper, Lindley
DT: Ndulue**, Russell
NT: Phillips, Wade
RE: Grissom, Nelson

OLB: Nelson, Franklin
MLB: Shannon, Striker

NB: Wilson, Everett
LC: Colvin, Austin -or- Taylor
RC: Johnson**, Sanchez
SS: Hayes, Thomas
FS: Lynn, Franks -or- Byrd

** Both Johnson and Ndulue are being held out of the opener.

JLEW1818
8/26/2013, 06:19 PM
Guess I have not been paying attention this offseason. I don't know any of the DLine. Shame on me.

stoopified
8/26/2013, 06:26 PM
Two things jumped out at me 1) Clay and Willams listed as co-starters, 2) O-line has a 3deep depth chart..

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 06:28 PM
Two things jumped out at me 1) Clay and Willams listed as co-starters, 2) O-line has a 3deep depth chart..

I was surprised to see Cavil ahead of Neal at WR.

Ruf/Nek7
8/26/2013, 09:11 PM
Ok, most shocked to see Lynn and Hayes beat out the new young guns Byrd and Thomas. Excited to see the future of this secondary.

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 09:16 PM
Ok, most shocked to see Lynn and Hayes beat out the new young guns Byrd and Thomas. Excited to see the future of this secondary.

We'll see how long that lasts. I would not be surprised to see Byrd and/or Thomas starting by the RRR.

Ruf/Nek7
8/26/2013, 09:23 PM
We'll see how long that lasts. I would not be surprised to see Byrd and/or Thomas starting by the RRR.
Lynn has been flat out frustrating in his tenure with OU. Maybe safety is where he should be. I just envisioned Lynn being SS and Hayes at FS. I am getting pumped and must admit, i am a little more positive on the defense....so long as we stay healthy.

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 10:08 PM
Lynn has been flat out frustrating in his tenure with OU. Maybe safety is where he should be. I just envisioned Lynn being SS and Hayes at FS. I am getting pumped and must admit, i am a little more positive on the defense....so long as we stay healthy.

I have a feeling Lynn will have the best year of his time at OU. I don't have any concrete evidence to support that opinion, I just think he's always been a pretty good run support DB, and I don't think he'll be asked to do as much (in coverage) as he did at NB. I've always pulled for Gabe (as an instate kid), so maybe this is the year for him.

stoopified
8/27/2013, 04:46 AM
Another thing I noticed this AM that surprises me is Lindley as a bacup DE.To my knowledge he has never done anything in a game during his career and I do not recall ever hearing coaches praise him in practice.I was thinking Oboe( not even gonna try spell his given name and I have no idea how to actually say it) would be at a backup spot.I've heard raves about him all thru fall camp.

I am assuming Chaz Nelson is the bacup and the other DE,while Cory mans the lb spot.

Ruf/Nek7
8/27/2013, 06:18 AM
Another thing I noticed this AM that surprises me is Lindley as a bacup DE.To my knowledge he has never done anything in a game during his career and I do not recall ever hearing coaches praise him in practice.I was thinking Oboe( not even gonna try spell his given name and I have no idea how to actually say it) would be at a backup spot.I've heard raves about him all thru fall camp.

I am assuming Chaz Nelson is the bacup and the other DE,while Cory mans the lb spot.

I may be wrong, but lindley may be there due to Wards spleen surgery. I would assume he was that #2

stoopified
8/27/2013, 07:18 AM
I may be wrong, but lindley may be there due to Wards spleen surgery. I would assume he was that #2Could be but based on all the raving about Obo and the fact I don't ever recall coaches raving about Lindley in his entire career,P.L. over Obo puzzles me.In reality it is no big deal because once the season starts it will all shake out and Everyone will find out who the top players actually are.

Ruf/Nek7
8/27/2013, 11:40 AM
I am hearing Dimon will be rotating in at DT during the game. That should be interesting.

Widescreen
8/27/2013, 11:54 AM
I am hearing Dimon will be rotating in at DT during the game. That should be interesting.

DT? How is he not going to get pushed around? He's way too light (currently) to be a DT. I agree, should be interesting.

Ruf/Nek7
8/27/2013, 12:02 PM
DT? How is he not going to get pushed around? He's way too light (currently) to be a DT. I agree, should be interesting.

First off, i would like to think that this is just a first week thing since Chuka is suspended. He would only be seeing time in the 4-3 and depending on how Mike wants to run it, your strong side DT needs to be a smaller, more agile cat. He could fit the mold so long as he has that nasty.

badger
8/27/2013, 12:25 PM
I have to cheer for Gabe Lynn even when he misses his assignment, because his dad was the Tulsa tower negotiator hero (http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Tower_man_brought_down_safely/20110816_11_0_thesta93271) and because our moms have met :)

Seriously, his dad was a real hero for Tulsa that day, coming out of retirement to end one of the most bizarre standoff situations ever. Thus, I expect greatness out of his son, even if he hasn't shown it on the field yet.

8timechamps
8/27/2013, 03:12 PM

For the past couple of months, I was posting position previews here, and I predicted Lindley to start at one of the end spots. I knew it was a long shot, but I've heard some pretty impressive things about his progress since last year. He's not the strongest guy coming off of the edge, but he's very quick and apparently extremely sound in his technique and responsibilities.

I do wonder though, if missing Onuoha moved him up the depth chart, or if he had shown enough in practice to earn the #2 spot.

We'll get to see him this weekend, so it should give us a better idea about how much he has progressed.

Widescreen
8/27/2013, 04:08 PM
I'm hoping someone gives us a Jeremy Beal type surprise.