PDA

View Full Version : Opening Spread has OU

olevetonahill
8/26/2013, 02:15 PM
at 22.5 Favs:friendly_wink:

Landthief 1972
8/26/2013, 02:58 PM
If we beat them by 2 TDs I'll be pleasantly surprised. If Knight has a slow start and the D hasn't improved from last year, ULM is going to make it a close game. This game has shades of 2005 TCU and 2009 BYU written all over it.

olevetonahill
8/26/2013, 03:06 PM
Im comfortable with that spread My Prediction was 31-10

Boomer.....
8/26/2013, 03:09 PM
If we beat them by 2 TDs I'll be pleasantly surprised. If Knight has a slow start and the D hasn't improved from last year, ULM is going to make it a close game. This game has shades of 2005 TCU and 2009 BYU written all over it.

I'm with you.

OU_Sooners75
8/26/2013, 03:14 PM

This game has nothing similar to the 2005 TCU or the 2009 BYI game written on it.

Yes ULM made a bowl game last year, but they got waxes by Ohio in their bowl game.

Yes ULM beat a pathetic Arky team and gave a pathetic Auburn team worries. And yes they scared Baylor before Baylor got it going last season.

But they (ULM) was a very average team or the most part.

I would be very surprised if OU doesn't win by more than 3 TDs.

Widescreen
8/26/2013, 04:42 PM

I disagree. Those 2 teams had far more issues than this OU team does.

olevetonahill
8/26/2013, 04:45 PM
I disagree. Those 2 teams had far more issues than this OU team does.

Like I said Im very comfortable with my Score prediction of 31-10

I think Our D will hold em pretty much and our O will do fine but be kinda Vanilla as usual

SoCalBigRed
8/26/2013, 05:02 PM
This game has nothing similar to the 2005 TCU or the 2009 BYI game written on it.

Haha... my exact thought.

Sometimes, I think people pull any upset out of the air, just because.

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 05:18 PM
It has come down since Knight was named starter (it opened most places at around -24), but that has exactly zero to do with the actual game, that's the money talking.

Anyway, I predicted 41-24, so I don't think OU covers the spread, but I don't bet on the Sooners anyway. Besides, openers are always tough to predict.

stoopified
8/27/2013, 03:55 AM

Yes ULM made a bowl game last year, but they got waxes by Ohio in their bowl game.

Yes ULM beat a pathetic Arky team and gave a pathetic Auburn team worries. And yes they scared Baylor before Baylor got it going last season.

But they (ULM) was a very average team or the most part.

I would be very surprised if OU doesn't win by more than 3 TDs.Exactly .I pointed out in the POST THE SCORE thread that the Warhawks are largely paper tigers who have beaten no good teams.Their most impressive game last year was the Baylor loss. IMHO OU should cover and I persoaally expect a rout.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
8/27/2013, 06:14 AM
It has come down since Knight was named starter (it opened most places at around -24), but that has exactly zero to do with the actual game, that's the money talking.

Anyway, I predicted 41-24, so I don't think OU covers the spread, but I don't bet on the Sooners anyway. Besides, openers are always tough to predict.

If ULM scores 24, it's gonna be a long season.

OU_Sooners75
9/1/2013, 12:23 AM
Spread covered!

stoopified
9/1/2013, 05:42 AM
Exactly .I pointed out in the POST THE SCORE thread that the Warhawks are largely paper tigers who have beaten no good teams.Their most impressive game last year was the Baylor loss. IMHO OU should cover and I persoaally expect a rout.Didn't quite how I figured;O not as efficent,D more stout BUT in the end,the margin was about what I expected.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/1/2013, 07:09 AM
If ULM scores 24, it's gonna be a long season.

I guess our D appears to be much improved. And I like that we have huge room for growth.