PDA

View Full Version : OKC comedy radio station

cleller
8/26/2013, 05:41 AM
Had to go to OKC today, and was flipping channels looking for something to break the usual monotony. I ran across a station that plays bits of stand up comedians. What a great change. Most of the bits were pretty good.

It was somewhere like around 92-94 on FM, but they mentioned being at AM 1560 during the commercials. I found the FM station faded as I headed home, but the AM last much longer.

Still, not all the way home, what a shame. Anyone ran across this? Looks like it showed up in March:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlin...oklahoma-city/

BigTip
8/26/2013, 08:43 AM
sigh. We had one here in Austin for awhile. Listen on the way to work and you show up all laughing and happy.
Lots of people I knew listened to it.
But it has now changed format because they couldn't get any advertisers with the comedy thing.

cleller
8/26/2013, 09:11 AM
sigh. We had one here in Austin for awhile. Listen on the way to work and you show up all laughing and happy.
Lots of people I knew listened to it.
But it has now changed format because they couldn't get any advertisers with the comedy thing.

That was another nice thing, few commercials. May not bode well for the future, but nice while it lasts.

yermom
8/26/2013, 10:03 AM
your link seems broken...

i like 24x7 Comedy out of Dallas a lot, but i only get it from I Heart Radio on my phone

i haven't seen what you are talking about, but i'll have to check it out

i'm a little embarrassed to say, in the mornings i mostly listen to OSU's NPR station... it's really kinda shameful

8timechamps
8/26/2013, 06:37 PM
SiriusXM for the win!

If I'm not listening to music or CNBC in the car, then I'm listening to Comedy Central Radio (channel 95 on XM).

PhilTLL
9/8/2013, 01:49 AM
i like 24x7 Comedy out of Dallas a lot, but i only get it from I Heart Radio on my phone

i'm a little embarrassed to say, in the mornings i mostly listen to OSU's NPR station... it's really kinda shameful

1560 AM in OKC is the very same ClearChannel "24/7 Comedy" feed. (iHeartRadio = CC, for those unaware.) And there's nothing wrong with a little KOSU in the morning. Good operation.

Turd_Ferguson
9/8/2013, 05:25 AM
your link seems broken...

i haven't seen what you are talking about, but i'll have to check it out

I would have never figured you for a NPR type of guy...

yermom
9/8/2013, 12:32 PM
it was totally an accident, i was listening to The Spy the night before and caught KOSU in the morning. i never liked OU's NPR for some reason, and their music at night never does it for me either

and 24x7 comedy is 92.9 FM now