PDA

View Full Version : Ty Darlington's brother injured (game on ESPN)

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 02:35 PM
Ty Darlington (back-up Center) is from Florida, and his dad coaches Apopka high school. His brother, who is the starting QB, was injured on a play in the 4th quarter. He was carted off the field, and has been airlifted to a local hospital.

The first reports were that he didn't open his eye or move anything when being taken from the field. It's since been reported that he is conscious and breathing on his own.

Prayers go out to the Darlington family!

EDIT/UPDATE: Reported to be moving on his own, so that's a positive. I removed "seriously" from the title...cause that seemed a little dramatic.

Collier11
8/24/2013, 03:12 PM
I watched a lot of the game, it was a fun game. That QB for the other team needs to get a look from bigger name teams, cant believe he has signed with ODU. He is legit. I hope his bro is doing ok, scary deal

Ruf/Nek7
8/24/2013, 03:22 PM
I saw the hit too. It was a good hit but not one that would severely injure a guy. Must have been the whiplash and hit on the ground that caused problems. Either way, praying for rhe Darlingtons.

MyT Oklahoma
8/24/2013, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear this.

Mazeppa
8/24/2013, 10:13 PM
I saw the hit too. It was a good hit but not one that would severely injure a guy. Must have been the whiplash and hit on the ground that caused problems. Either way, praying for rhe Darlingtons.

His head hit the ground pretty hard. Hope he's ok.