PDA

View Full Version : The last Saturday before football...

ouwasp
8/24/2013, 12:42 PM
So I warn my wife the other day: Let's do something you like this weekend, because I'll be obligated to watch college football for the next several months. She understands, mostly.

Anyhow, she decides it's time to look for an area rug, so we're off to Tulsa in the search of a rug. Good times. What about catching a movie? Online, I find info about a new release called "You're Next". It looked pretty cool with the promise of much violence. The problem was it is labeled "Horror/Thriller".

I tell my wife a little about the plot of the movie and call it a "suspense" movie. She acts interested. Hey, this day might not be so bad after all.

A little bit later, I'm headed to the shower, my wife is checking Facebook, we're talking about what clothes to wear, because sometimes theaters are too cold for shorts. Son perks up. "What are you going to see?" Wife answers:"Oh something your Dad read about, I think it's called "You're Next". Son: "Is that a horror flick?"

Instantly the expression on my wife's face changes, now she is greatly concerned and looks at me..."No, no", I tell her, "It's a suspense movie!" Too late. She's already pulling it up on IMDB. She sees Horror/Thriller.

Looks like I have a couple more hours too look for rugs. If looks could kill my son would be a corpse. He is amused.<sigh>

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 02:23 PM
If it makes you feel any better, my oldest son saw it, and when asked what he thought of it he replied "eh".

I'm spending the majority of this last free Saturday installing a new shocks in my Jeep. It's my project car, and this is the final piece before I can take her on her maiden trail run tomorrow. I figured I better get it done and take it out now, because I doubt I will after the season starts.

FirstandGoal
8/24/2013, 02:56 PM
This thread makes me VERY happy that I love football.

Not only does the man in my life appreciate my love for football, but we've planned much of our fall around OU football games.

Life is good :)

Turd_Ferguson
8/24/2013, 03:05 PM
This thread makes me VERY happy that I love football.

Not only does the man in my life appreciate my love for football, but we've planned much of our fall around OU football games.

Life is good :)
Please tell Kanto to start typing in more laymen terms instead of the hoyty toyty terms. I have a hard time cyphering his post a lot of times.

FirstandGoal
8/24/2013, 03:13 PM
Please tell Kanto to start typing in more laymen terms instead of the hoyty toyty terms. I have a hard time cyphering his post a lot of times.

Heh, you're on your own on that one Turd.

Or you can just do like I do and post silly nonsense most of the time and not worry about it.

olevetonahill
8/24/2013, 03:35 PM

Heh, you're on your own on that one Turd.

Or you can just do like I do and post silly nonsense most of the time and not worry about it.

Heh,
Kanto is the Master at Baffilin with Bull**** AND Dazzilin with brilliance :cocksure:

FirstandGoal
8/24/2013, 03:56 PM
OK

Back on topic....

Got up early, got a lot of stuff done around the house because I'm working a bajilion hours this weekend and all week and I'll be out of town all next weekend (yay!). That's what I've done so far with my last Saturday before football season.

BajaOklahoma
8/24/2013, 08:39 PM
My d-i-l planned her wedding to my son for last weekend, because she knew if it was during football season, the groom's "side" would be empty or everyone would have ear buds in and watching their cellphones.
And during their vows, which they wrote themselves, she promised to "embrace OU football." I think my son chose well.

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 11:01 PM
My d-i-l planned her wedding to my son for last weekend, because she knew if it was during football season, the groom's "side" would be empty or everyone would have ear buds in and watching their cellphones.
And during their vows, which they wrote themselves, she promised to "embrace OU football." I think my son chose well.

Sounds like he's got a keeper!

Chuck Bao
8/25/2013, 02:26 AM
This year is the latest that my family has ever baled our prairie meadow and we should finish cutting the rest of it either tomorrow or Monday. It took a family effort with me on the cycle mower, my sister on the rake and my brother on the baler and no rain over the last week to get it done in time for OU FOOTBALL next weekend. Besides that, we are already conditioned to the heat so we can justifiably smirk at OU fans who don't know how to deal with outside temps in August.