PDA

View Full Version : The definitive Metallica

8timechamps
8/23/2013, 05:24 PM
Best song?

When they did their S&M show in San Francisco, they unveiled No Leaf Clover, and it's been at the top of my list ever since. Metallica rotates around my personal top 3 of all time bands, and there's a lot to choose from, but that song and the way it's composed is incredible.

Breadburner
8/23/2013, 05:46 PM
The lead singer and drummer are dicks....!!! No Offense....!!

8timechamps
8/23/2013, 06:24 PM
The lead singer and drummer are dicks....!!! No Offense....!!

I'm not offended.

James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich are the lead vocalist/drummer. They are the guys that pretty much run the band (they make the final decisions, write all the music, etc.).

yermom
8/23/2013, 06:40 PM
Lars is kind of a tool

they put on a hell of a show though

One is probably the song that stands out for me

En_Fuego
8/23/2013, 08:53 PM
Nothing else matters is one of the greatest songs Eva.

En_Fuego
8/23/2013, 08:54 PM
Share your other two 8

TheUnnamedSooner
8/23/2013, 09:55 PM
Leper Messiah and Fade to Black are two of my favs. Just saw them at their Orion festival in Detroit a couple months back. Great festival. They did a surprise show on one of the smaller stages and played the entire kill EM all album. Cool!!

Actually ran into a kid wearing a make a wish foundation shirt while in line for food or something. Got to talking to him and his dad and they just happen to live in Plano about 10 miles from me. Anyway the kid was in the program and his wish was to meet the band. So they flew him out there and he had backstage passes for the entire festival and said the band had been extremely friendly and took time to show them around and was just overall accommodating. Later during their show, I saw him come on stage and sit behind the drum kit and he got to start one of the songs. That was pretty cool to let him do that.

On side note, I've had the luck of meeting Lars in '03. He was surprisingly down to earth and friendly.

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2013, 11:01 PM
Give me master of puppets or ...and justice for all.

cleller
8/23/2013, 11:24 PM
I have my own metal band of middle aged conservatives. We are called Closed Casket. Just released our first album, Embalmanation.

Those Metallica guys are a bunch of candle burning vegans.

GDC
8/24/2013, 12:04 PM
Give me master of puppets or ...and justice for all.

this

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 02:13 PM
Share your other two 8

Led Zeppelin and Rush (combined with Metallica) would be my top three. How 'bout you?

the_ouskull
9/7/2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I can't get behind Alternatallica. I think Cliff would be rolling in his grave if he'd stoop to listening to some of the new stuff...

...but old(er) Metallica is bulletproof.

- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Fade to Black
- Orion

Those always make my playlists in some order or another.

the_ouskull

GDC
9/7/2013, 02:06 PM
N4IhWJ8r7_4

8timechamps
9/9/2013, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I can't get behind Alternatallica. I think Cliff would be rolling in his grave if he'd stoop to listening to some of the new stuff...

...but old(er) Metallica is bulletproof.

- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Fade to Black
- Orion

Those always make my playlists in some order or another.

the_ouskull

I'm not nearly as fond of their newer stuff, but by my calculations, they could release a few more really bad albums and still be ahead.