PDA

View Full Version : CNN confirms Tebow...

rock on sooner
8/22/2013, 01:32 PM
can't play QB in ANY league, even Arena...www.cnn.com and
scroll down the left hand side.....

badger
8/22/2013, 01:35 PM
you little bleacher report bastard you :P
Your REAL link is here (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1745264-scouts-honor-patriots-tim-tebow-not-fit-for-nflor-cflor-arena-league?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2)

Not a complete waste of time, due to this photo:
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/456/916/176471532_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Widescreen
8/22/2013, 01:37 PM
you little bleacher report bastard you :P
Your REAL link is here (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1745264-scouts-honor-patriots-tim-tebow-not-fit-for-nflor-cflor-arena-league?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2)

Not a complete waste of time, due to this photo:
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/456/916/176471532_crop_north.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75
Is he trying to catch or trying to throw? Realistically, it could be either.

rock on sooner
8/22/2013, 01:39 PM
I tried to figure out the Bleacher report link but since I'm
not computer literate, I figured I'd do what I did and someone
would do what you did!:cheerful:

rock on sooner
8/22/2013, 01:42 PM

Well, he's left handed and his fingers aren't spread to catch so
I'm guessing he's trying to throw a wounded duck er sumpin...

badger
8/22/2013, 01:43 PM

It looks like a force-fumble. The jedi is strong in that one :D

Wishboned
8/22/2013, 01:47 PM
It looks like he's waving the ball in the direction he wants it to go.

"You go that way!"

KantoSooner
8/22/2013, 02:03 PM
Schadenfreude! Schadenfreude!! One! Two!! Three!!!

Lott's Bandana
8/22/2013, 02:08 PM
CNN confirms...

water is wet.

Flagstaffsooner
8/22/2013, 02:16 PM
Then I thought about it. I watched him play this preseason when he threw for negative yards and looked as graceful as two toddlers playing catch with a bag of angry cats.

Made me laugh.

Jacie
8/22/2013, 04:13 PM
As usual, CNN is the last to know . . .

swardboy
8/22/2013, 05:22 PM
Tebow has perfected the end-over-end pass. Much easier for receivers to catch.

SoonerLB
8/23/2013, 01:12 PM
Well, I guess it's time to move on to plan B:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/Farks/Tebowinthealley.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/barn9/media/Farks/Tebowinthealley.jpg.html)

KantoSooner
8/23/2013, 01:18 PM
Or he can go do something in the Philippines. I mean he's so beloved there.

(Three business trips, no one recognized his name.)

FaninAma
8/23/2013, 01:58 PM
The kid did enough at the position to kick our asses in a national title game. Amazingly our defensive minded head coach couldn't come up with a game plan to take advantages of Tebo's glaring weaknesses.

Tebo will never be a hall of fame NFL QB but the cottage industry of media and "fans" that has evolved for the sole purpose of finding satisfaction in his failures is more of a comment on them than Tebo.

agoo758
8/23/2013, 02:07 PM
Guy made about 20 million dollars to complete 40 percent of his passes. I think he'll be ok

FaninAma
8/23/2013, 02:24 PM
Guy made about 20 million dollars to complete 40 percent of his passes. I think he'll be ok
So do other athletes that don't live up to expectations yet don't receive the level of derision Tebo does.

Tebo gets singled out because he dares to make his religious beliefs public or because he received too much fawning coverage from the media while in college(media's fault not his) or his team beat your team.

Taking such glee in his failures is more than a bit immature. If he was a thug, had used PEDs or beat up his girlfriend or was seen out drinking at all hours of the night the glee might be a little more understandable if doing that floats your boat.

badger
8/23/2013, 04:05 PM
Just to be clear (RIP Hollis Price thread starter!),

It's preseason. I've gotten over any bitterness or disappointment from losing to Gator in the national title game. There's very little to watch in preseason games, so sometimes, it's fun to see what passes for a 90-man roster member as opposed to a 53-man final roster member.

Everything Tebow's done this preseason is just hilarious to watch. It's not because it's Tebow, at least for me. It's that this guy is 99 percent suck (1 percent scrambling for a first down on third and long).

Also, eff the cheating Pats

Jason White's Third Knee
8/23/2013, 04:07 PM
So do other athletes that don't live up to expectations yet don't receive the level of derision Tebo does.

Tebo gets singled out because he dares to make his religious beliefs public or because he received too much fawning coverage from the media while in college(media's fault not his) or his team beat your team.

Taking such glee in his failures is more than a bit immature. If he was a thug, had used PEDs or beat up his girlfriend or was seen out drinking at all hours of the night the glee might be a little more understandable if doing that floats your boat.

It is not more than a bit immature. It is a bit immature, and only a bit. His crappy passing is all part of Jesus' plan anyway.

SoonerLB
8/23/2013, 04:15 PM
KantoSooner - "Or he can go do something in the Philippines. I mean he's so beloved there. (Three business trips, no one recognized his name.)"

Due to him wearing a different uniform, only one media outlet recognized him. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/Farks/tebowtime.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/barn9/media/Farks/tebowtime.jpg.html)

Mjcpr
8/23/2013, 04:24 PM
Maybe he's really right handed.

agoo758
8/23/2013, 04:55 PM

I think people finally figured out that his "I'm just a good Christian happy go lucky guy just trying my best with a good attitude" was phony, and are now irritated that they were put on for so long. (Although it should not have been that difficult to figure out in the first place)

One Tebow started facing adversity, his attitude changed dramatically and his true colors are starting to show here and there.

It's easy to be this "great happy guy", when you have been getting your way your whole life and you have ESPN making up excuses for you. Not all that has gone away, it's pretty obvious that he's just a big baby.

By the way, please stop with the "would you rather want a thug with PED's on your team" argument. It is not either or. Just because you never been to jail nor violated the leagues drug policy, doesn't mean you can't be a ******.

Soonerfan88
8/23/2013, 06:53 PM
The media started the hype but Timmy took every opportunity to push it further. Did you see the idiotic GQ story and photo layout? Did you notice how fake many of those "leadership moments" were? Did you go to the national championship game and see his behavior when the camera wasn't on him?

BTW, Percy Harvin caused more problems for out defense that night that TT and they still played well enough to win. I lay that loss on Wilson's idiotic play-calling inside the 10yd line.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/23/2013, 07:17 PM
BTW, Percy Harvin caused more problems for out defense that night that TT and they still played well enough to win. I lay that loss on Wilson's idiotic play-calling inside the 10yd line.Yeah that, plus the buttfu*cing we got by the refs, greasing the victory for the FU's

8timechamps
8/23/2013, 08:13 PM
I think people finally figured out that his "I'm just a good Christian happy go lucky guy just trying my best with a good attitude" was phony, and are now irritated that they were put on for so long. (Although it should not have been that difficult to figure out in the first place)

One Tebow started facing adversity, his attitude changed dramatically and his true colors are starting to show here and there.

It's easy to be this "great happy guy", when you have been getting your way your whole life and you have ESPN making up excuses for you. Not all that has gone away, it's pretty obvious that he's just a big baby.

By the way, please stop with the "would you rather want a thug with PED's on your team" argument. It is not either or. Just because you never been to jail nor violated the leagues drug policy, doesn't mean you can't be a ******.

Please, tell me more about his "true colors showing".

Also, tell me all about how he got everything he wanted growing up.

The guy isn't an NFL QB. That's obvious to anyone at this point. But, the things you mentioned are categorically false. Why can't a "good guy" just be a "good guy"? Not everyone has a dark side or evil motives.

SoonerForLife92
8/23/2013, 11:46 PM

The guy isn't an NFL QB. That's obvious to anyone at this point. But, the things you mentioned are categorically false. Why can't a "good guy" just be a "good guy"? Not everyone has a dark side or evil motives.

He is lucky Nic Harris didn't beat the sh*t out of him after doing the ridiculous gator chomp right in Harris' face during the NC game.

Blue
8/24/2013, 12:28 AM

Whatever dude. Where has he recently been negative in any interview despite the over the top media coverage?

Blue
8/24/2013, 12:30 AM
He is lucky Nic Harris didn't beat the sh*t out of him after doing the ridiculous gator chomp right in Harris' face during the NC game.

How dare he show excitement after a big play. I've never seen an OU player do a horns down or OU after a score.

Let it go.

SoonerForLife92
8/24/2013, 12:38 AM
How dare he show excitement after a big play. I've never seen an OU player do a horns down or OU after a score.

Let it go.

Right in the other player's face? I don't think so. Someone asked when have his true colors ever come out? This was one of those instances.

olevetonahill
8/24/2013, 12:39 AM

Tru Bro
I get absolutely NO enjoyment out of him Failing as an NFL QB. I do however thoroughly enjoy watchin the media spin on their heads after shouting so long and so hard about his Second coming. I feel bad for teablow Media? Not so much

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 01:03 AM
Right in the other player's face? I don't think so. Someone asked when have his true colors ever come out? This was one of those instances.

Please.

Did you ever see the Boz play? If Tebow's "chomp" upset you, then I'm not sure you would have been able to handle an entire season of Boz's antics.

Celebrating in front of an opposing player is a stretch (if it's an example of how "bad" or "evil" Tebow is).

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 01:07 AM
Tru Bro
I get absolutely NO enjoyment out of him Failing as an NFL QB. I do however thoroughly enjoy watchin the media spin on their heads after shouting so long and so hard about his Second coming. I feel bad for teablow Media? Not so much

When Tebow was in Denver, I was introduced to his brother. We weren't 'best friends' or anything remote, but I was involved with some community service things that were set up (by his brother) and involved Tim Tebow.

I'm as sick as anyone else of the media circus, but that's what they do. A year ago I couldn't have told you whether or not a person named Johnny Manziel even existed, but look at things now. Tebow wasn't the first media appointed Jesus, and he won't be the last.

I just find it funny how some people think they know exactly what a guy is, when in reality they only know what they've seen on TV.

SoonerForLife92
8/24/2013, 01:21 AM
Please.

Did you ever see the Boz play? If Tebow's "chomp" upset you, then I'm not sure you would have been able to handle an entire season of Boz's antics.

Celebrating in front of an opposing player is a stretch (if it's an example of how "bad" or "evil" Tebow is).

Ill admit I am too young to have witnessed most of the Boz's awesomeness. However I doubt he claimed to be a devout christian and all around amazing religious person before preforming his antics. I'm not even saying Tebow is NOT those things. I just think he is not as good as he thinks. Look at Bradford, he thanked God in some of his heisman stuff, but he was not all in your face about it, he was humble. I cant ever see Bradford doing any kind of gesture straight in front of his opponents face after whooping them, because he is a classy guy.

olevetonahill
8/24/2013, 01:28 AM
Ill admit I am too young to have witnessed most of the Boz's awesomeness. However I doubt he claimed to be a devout christian and all around amazing religious person before preforming his antics. I'm not even saying Tebow is NOT those things. I just think he is not as good as he thinks. Look at Bradford, he thanked God in some of his heisman stuff, but he was not all in your face about it, he was humble. I cant ever see Bradford doing any kind of gesture straight in front of his opponents face after whooping them, because he is a classy guy.

your what 19 er so? you wernt around for ANY of the Boz Playing days.

Blue
8/24/2013, 01:30 AM

So he's a horrible person for doing a gator chomp? Give me a break. You've never shown your *** ever? You idiots crack me up. You demand perfection and excellence at all times from these people all the while you accept mediocrity out of your own life. Get a grip.

SoonerForLife92
8/24/2013, 01:31 AM
your what 19 er so? you wernt around for ANY of the Boz Playing days.

21. Doesn't mean I haven't seen highlights. Hence the "I haven't witnessed MOST of it."

SoonerForLife92
8/24/2013, 01:31 AM
So he's a horrible person for doing a gator chomp? Give me a break. You've never shown your *** ever? You idiots crack me up. You demand perfection and excellence at all times from these people all the while you accept mediocrity out of your own life. Get a grip.

Please give me my quote where I ever claimed he is a horrible person...

Blue
8/24/2013, 01:42 AM
Let me direct your brain in another direction...

At no time ever have I heard Tim Tebow say he was a great and GOOD person. I think I've heard him say that he is not good, but places his faith in someone who was and is good. We are all human, and although Tim Tebow may be a corny s.o.b., IMO he's never been fake about it. In a day and age where everyone will tell you what you want to hear to make their best image possible, he has stayed true to what he believes. I admire that again no matter how corny he can be.

SoonerForLife92
8/24/2013, 01:49 AM
Let me direct your brain in another direction...

At no time ever have I heard Tim Tebow say he was a great and GOOD person. I think I've heard him say that he is not good, but places his faith in someone who was and is good. We are all human, and although Tim Tebow may be a corny s.o.b., IMO he's never been fake about it. In a day and age where everyone will tell you what you want to hear to make their best image possible, he has stayed true to what he believes. I admire that again no matter how corny he can be.

Fair enough. I admire that a lot about him as well. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks. I'll admit I just personally do not like the guy all that much. Probably stemming more from the media hype than his actual personality. Still I prefer Bradford's religious humbleness any day. Also like someone already stated on this thread, Percy Harvin is the reason they beat us in that championship (besides Kevin Wilson), so I dislike all the credit he gets for it. There were two injured players questionable for that game, Harvin and Murray. They got their player and we didnt get ours. Even with Kevin Wilson's crapping playcalling I have to believe Demarco would have gotten into the endzone because he is more shifty/can change directions better than Brown, and I liked Brown more at the time.

Blue
8/24/2013, 01:55 AM
I apologize for the idiot comment. Believe me, I think the guy is cheesy, but I admire his work ethic. To me there are so many more scumbags to direct our disgust at. Welcome to the board!

SoonerForLife92
8/24/2013, 02:01 AM
I apologize for the idiot comment. Believe me, I think the guy is cheesy, but I admire his work ethic. To me there are so many more scumbags to direct our disgust at. Welcome to the board!

No harm done. Thanks for the welcome. Lets direct our disgust at Manziel some more haha

agoo758
8/24/2013, 02:11 AM
The media started the hype but Timmy took every opportunity to push it further. Did you see the idiotic GQ story and photo layout? Did you notice how fake many of those "leadership moments" were? Did you go to the national championship game and see his behavior when the camera wasn't on him?

BTW, Percy Harvin caused more problems for out defense that night that TT and they still played well enough to win. I lay that loss on Wilson's idiotic play-calling inside the 10yd line.

All of this

agoo758
8/24/2013, 02:14 AM

The guy was the popular kid with all the hype out of high school. Was the big star at florida, was a first round draft pick despite being maybe the worst qb in the draft, was immune to any media criticism for years, and got all the credit for a six game win streak that he had almost nothing to do with.

If that happened to me, I would be acting all nice to everyone too......

Jason White's Third Knee
8/24/2013, 10:52 AM
He is in no way comparable to some of the pigs out there on the football field today, but with that I will say this; I can't stand the guy. I find him wholly irritating. While I am not proud of the smirk I get when he fails,I still am glad that he won't be playing football. I am sick of him. Blecch. I was sick of him well before "the speech" and the obnoxious gator chomp. There is no comparison between Sam and tebow. Sam is a better QB and a fine human. All I heard during the whole championship game was tebow tebow tebow. "If you spend five minutes around Tim Tebow, you'll be better for it". Really? Now there are several hundred pro players that are better men I guess, because Tebow was on the team for five minutes.

Yes. I am petty. I am ok with that.

8timechamps
8/24/2013, 02:08 PM
The guy was the popular kid with all the hype out of high school. Was the big star at florida, was a first round draft pick despite being maybe the worst qb in the draft, was immune to any media criticism for years, and got all the credit for a six game win streak that he had almost nothing to do with.

If that happened to me, I would be acting all nice to everyone too......

As I said in an earlier thread, I am as tired of the Tebow-train as anyone else. I'm a diehard, season ticket holding Bronco fan, and I lived through the Tebow experiment, and it was not a fun time (in spite of the winning). That said, Tebow got where he was through hard work. I respect that. Also, not one time did Tebow ask for a microphone or camera to be put in his face. He never, not once, demanded the limelight to preach his message. The immunity to criticism and the "in your face" message was all driven by the media.

I can understand why anyone would be happy to never hear from the guy again. I get it. I take issue when people criticize him as a person, because I think most people that do that confuse Tebow the media creation with Tebow the person. He is genuinely a a good guy, and when you strip away all of the media ****, it's nice to see a guy like that instead of the murderers and drunks we typically hear about.

olevetonahill
8/24/2013, 02:20 PM
Heh, they the ones who Like the Vicks and Hernandez's of the NFL.

Scott D
8/24/2013, 03:43 PM
I wish nothing but well for Timothy to be honest.

On the other hand, I have a full bag of dog**** that I'd love Thom Brennaman to eat after his fellating of Timothy in that MNC game. And I think my dislike for Brennaman who to this day gets teased about that "Spend 15 Minutes with Tim Tebow and you'll be a better person for it" comment regularly by his baseball broadcasting partners, is only exceeded by the Monday Morning Evangelism about why Timothy hasn't and won't succeed as a Quarterback in the NFL or in Canada for reasons not only including the clear erosion of his skills, who swear that isn't happening and it's because people hate his religious beliefs.

rock on sooner
8/24/2013, 03:52 PM

Heh, devout Christian and Boz in the same sentence! He of the loogie
in the face of the ballcarrier he just tackled or the nude photo in SI or
the infamous T shirt at the OB.....