PDA

View Full Version : who will the OU stat leaders be this year?

stoopified
8/21/2013, 10:38 AM
Despite the recent media speculation that Knight is the qb,I remain skeptical.Having said that I think whomever the starting qb is ,the passing leader will throw for around 3,000 not the 4,000= we've become accustomed to. I'm hoping for around 20TD passes and fewer than 10 Ints. My basic thinking is that Bob says he wants a qb who takes best care of the ball.

As for recieversI think Sterling (55) and Jalen (65) will lead wilth about 120 cobined catches ,700 and 800 yds respectively.I have no idea how others will factor in the recieving corp other to say I think Bamian Williams will get about 30 passes.

As for the running game ,I thik it will feature at least 3 TBs who get signifgant action,I thik which three will be determined by injuries as much asanything. I'm thinking Williams,Ross,Clay in that order (again pending injuries)I figure Williams with around 1200 yards and Ross around 700,Clay around 500.As for the qb,while I do think they WILL run,I don't see them running more than about 60 times so I.m thinking around 200 yds. Finch I think will contribute mostly in return game and recieving with spot duty at TB. I have no idea where Ford will figure in,I was shocked to hear Bob list as one of the frosh likely to play.

On defense the only thing I can forsee (assuming our D improves) is that we will have a lb as a leading tackler rather than dns.My nominee is Nelson.There are sooooo many unknowns on D,that Nelson pick is the only prediction I will make about OUr D.

I think on special teams ,Hunnicut will continue to be solid,I think OUr return game should be great with Finch,Clay,Shephard,Sanders,possibly Ford and others involved.I am worried about OUr punting game because Barnett apparently has struggled in fall camp

I'm curious as to wether after the season I will be at all close on any of this.In any case putting this thread together killed some time on the pregame cloock,getting closer to gametime.

BermudaSooner
8/21/2013, 01:12 PM
Blake Bell had 60 carries for 200 yards last year, and he probably only played 80 snaps. I think our QB has more rushing yards than 200--but we will see. Will depend a lot on the play calling and whether we are developing our QB as a pocket passer or a Colin Klein type.

BermudaSooner
8/21/2013, 03:14 PM
BTW, Klein had 920 yards rushing last year. I gotta think the OU starter should have greater than 500 yards rushing on the year.

OU_Sooners75
8/21/2013, 03:40 PM
I would be happy with any stat lone that results in wins. Less turnovers.

Salt City Sooner
8/21/2013, 07:57 PM
BTW, Klein had 920 yards rushing last year. I gotta think the OU starter should have greater than 500 yards rushing on the year.
Klein also ran it 200+ times to get that total (& FWIW, that was actually down over 100 carries from 2011) though. It may happen, but I'm going to believe the reins have been turned loose by Stoops re: QB running like that when I see it.

SouthFortySooner
8/21/2013, 08:36 PM
Your inclusion of Ross reminds me of my Calhoun Calhoun Calhoun days.

8timechamps
8/21/2013, 10:07 PM
There is a logjam at RB:

Williams
Clay
Finch
Ross
Ford

It's definitely going to be interesting to see who breaks out and earns the most carries.

PalmBeachSooner
8/22/2013, 12:52 PM
I'm going to go with the opponents starting QB...especially if he can run.

Moore
8/22/2013, 12:56 PM
Eat $hit

stoopified
8/24/2013, 12:20 PM
Everybody seems to think OUr qbs are gonna runa lot more than I do.While I do think they WILL run,I just don't see OUr starting qb running more than 5-6 times a game.With Knight at qb,I could see Knight and Bell combining for over 100 carries on the season IF the Belldozer is used.IMHO if you jave as many talented RBs as we have , you use them. I think the qb is an element of the run game but only as a complimentary part. In other words I think at least 2 TBs and Millard will have more carries than Knight. I still believe OUr qb's main job is throw the ball. In any case,in one week we start to find out and I can't wait.

BTW defensive thoughts? Anyone? Ferris?

Breadburner
8/24/2013, 12:43 PM
Tress Way saved OUr asses on more than one occasion....He will be sorely missed.....!!!!!

cleller
8/24/2013, 03:55 PM
I'm going to go with the opponents starting QB...especially if he can run.

I was going to resist, but:

If what I'm hearing non-stop on the radio is true, the Sooner D could be responsible for some big numbers.

Breadburner
8/24/2013, 04:13 PM
Dimon....Sacks....!!