PDA

View Full Version : No outside cushions or stadium seats allowed

oudanny
8/21/2013, 08:20 AM
If you haven't checked out the new policies on what can be brought into the stadium, you might be surprised by the changes. The one that got me is that you can no longer bring your own cushion or stadium seat. If you want one, you have to purchase one of those permanent backs or the rental seat. Neither of those afford much cushioning. I have sciatica issues and eventhough I don't sit down much, it does help to have some cushioning. I know this isn't a large issue in the grand scheme of things but it just seems like another money grab.

jkjsooner
8/21/2013, 08:22 AM
If you haven't checked out the new policies on what can be brought into the stadium, you might be surprised by the changes. The one that got me is that you can no longer bring your own cushion or stadium seat. If you want one, you have to purchase one of those permanent backs or the rental seat. Neither of those afford much cushioning. I have sciatica issues and eventhough I don't sit down much, it does help to have some cushioning. I know this isn't a large issue in the grand scheme of things but it just seems like another money grab.

You may not consider yourself in this group but if someone has medical issues that require more support/cushion than those provide I think they're going to have to make an accommodation.

badger
8/21/2013, 08:53 AM
I don't care so much about the cushioning, as I care about laying claim to my space entitlement. The seatbacks do well with this -- you hardly ever see another person try to sit/stand in your space if you have one. If not, your neighbor's butt will gradually overtake your bleacher number. :(

5noubus
8/21/2013, 09:48 AM
I don't care so much about the cushioning, as I care about laying claim to my space entitlement. The seatbacks do well with this -- you hardly ever see another person try to sit/stand in your space if you have one. If not, your neighbor's butt will gradually overtake your bleacher number. :(

This happens to us a lot because my 7 year old sits with us. She has had her own seat with us for 4 years and can easily lose her seat when we try to sit at commercials. Ends up on my lap because people take over. May be time to do the rental

badger
8/21/2013, 10:11 AM
This happens to us a lot because my 7 year old sits with us. She has had her own seat with us for 4 years and can easily lose her seat when we try to sit at commercials. Ends up on my lap because people take over. May be time to do the rental

Back when I attended my first college game at Camp Randall, I was tiny little blond girl wearing a big, heavy winter coat.... but the bleacher fiends were not fooled. It got to the point that when the action got close to our corner, I stopped standing up to try to see (there's blind spots at Wisconsin's stadium upper deck. yes, it sucks), because my seat would be gone by the time I tried to sit back down.

It could be worse --- I hear Aggies will scream at children to take off their hats during their yell crap. Aaaaa whoop! :rcmad:

sooner_born_1960
8/21/2013, 10:24 AM
My fat *** needs half your space. Can't we all just get along?

oudanny
8/21/2013, 11:10 AM
You can get a seat if you want to shell out the $49 for a university supplied seat or pay the $5 to rent one on game day. It just seems like a money grab to me without consideration for the needs of the fans.

PrideMom
8/21/2013, 11:52 AM
I tried to get my husband to buy the seats last year, as we have always carried ours, but he said no. Now, it looks like we do not have choice. One less thing to worry about to and from the car......

SoonerMom2
8/21/2013, 09:30 PM
I don't care so much about the cushioning, as I care about laying claim to my space entitlement. The seatbacks do well with this -- you hardly ever see another person try to sit/stand in your space if you have one. If not, your neighbor's butt will gradually overtake your bleacher number. :( Love the rental cushions attached to the seats. Last year for the first time we didn't get pushed out to sit on the steps in either set of seats - we have three in back and two in front. Game after game one of us was sitting on the concrete steps - last year with the new seats already in place, that couldn't happen - much better!

SoonerMom2
8/21/2013, 09:32 PM
It was $42 if you ordered before 1 August and they work great at making sure the seats you paid for are your seats. Anyone sitting on the aisle has had trouble with people trying to crowd you. Now it doesn't work!