PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Gameplan

jkjsooner
8/20/2013, 02:05 PM
For you guys who live outside of Big XII territory, do you think ESPN Gameplan would be worth it this year?

I just called and cancelled it. I had it last year and not a single OU game was on it. I'm not sure if that's going to be the case this year or not. Years ago it was definitely worth it as you had to have Gameplan to get those regional games not broadcast in your area. Now it seems all the good regional games are split between ABC and ESPNU/ESPN2. It seems to me that last year ESPN Gameplan had mostly mid major schools.

Trying to get confirmation that I made the right move by cancelling it...

badger
8/20/2013, 02:26 PM
Where do you live? Here's the current TV schedule:

Aug. 31 vs ULM: FSN (PPV) -- there's a thread on this already
Sept. 7 vs WVU: FOX
Sept. 14 vs Tulsa: ABC/ESPN
Sept. 28 at ND: NBC
Nov. 7 at Baylor: FS1

None of the other games have TV channel announced yet. But based on early returns, a wise choice to cancel ESPN

Scott D
8/20/2013, 03:22 PM
Good to cancel it if you're not interested in seeing other schools/games. If it came down to it, you could just order the OU game when it's on gameplan and cough up the $20 for that. That being said, I don't think ABC/ESPN is going to carry a ton of games with the Fox contract, but I could be wrong.

SoonerNomad
8/20/2013, 03:26 PM
I cancelled it too, but more because they wouldn't provide the out of region games in HD. I thought there were two OU games I used it for last year out in Arizona, but I could be wrong. I know I liked it to watch other games besides OU, I just cannot stand watching HD games in non-HD. The picture was actually blurry. I will find the OU games somewhere (sports bar, friends house) if they are on gameplan this year.

8timechamps
8/20/2013, 05:21 PM
For you guys who live outside of Big XII territory, do you think ESPN Gameplan would be worth it this year?

I just called and cancelled it. I had it last year and not a single OU game was on it. I'm not sure if that's going to be the case this year or not. Years ago it was definitely worth it as you had to have Gameplan to get those regional games not broadcast in your area. Now it seems all the good regional games are split between ABC and ESPNU/ESPN2. It seems to me that last year ESPN Gameplan had mostly mid major schools.

Trying to get confirmation that I made the right move by cancelling it...

If the only reason you have it is to catch OU, then I think it's a waste. If you're a crazy football fan, that just likes to have options (when OU isn't on of course), then it's a good package.

I had it for several years, but got rid of it because I never watched it. With ESPN 3 and the internet, there was really no reason for me to have it anymore.

8timechamps
8/20/2013, 05:22 PM
Where do you live? Here's the current TV schedule:

Aug. 31 vs ULM: FSN (PPV) -- there's a thread on this already
Sept. 7 vs WVU: FOX
Sept. 14 vs Tulsa: ABC/ESPN
Sept. 28 at ND: NBC
Nov. 7 at Baylor: FS1

None of the other games have TV channel announced yet. But based on early returns, a wise choice to cancel ESPN

It's safe to assume the RRR will be on ABC/ESPN, and that it will be early (either 10:00 or 1:30).