PDA

View Full Version : Christie will "do anything to win"

okie52
8/20/2013, 11:31 AM
Christie on GOP: 'I am going to do anything I need to do to win'
By Frank Thorp, NBC News

BOSTON -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie received a warm welcome from fellow Republicans on Thursday with a spirited challenge to the GOP to do what it takes to win elections.

The Garden State governor, who is considered a top-tier challenger for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, dismissed some of the party's internal battles as little more than academic.

"I think we have some folks who believe that our job is to be college professors. Now college professors are fine I guess. Being a college professor, they basically spout out ideas that nobody does anything about," Christie told a closed-door meeting of the Republican National Committee, according to GOP officials in the room. "For our ideas to matter we have to win. And if we don't govern all we do is shout to the wind, and so I am going to do anything I need to do to win."

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/15/20040362-christie-on-gop-i-am-going-to-do-anything-i-need-to-do-to-win?lite

Soonerjeepman
8/20/2013, 11:54 AM
worked for the dems...maybe the gop should adapt...

okie52
8/20/2013, 12:03 PM
Nah...I prefer losing rather than embrace bad positions

Soonerjeepman
8/20/2013, 12:04 PM
Okie...I agree...but unfortunately I don't think the gop will. Course I'm pretty disappointed in the whole lot of them.

okie52
8/20/2013, 12:07 PM
The GOP elite like priebus is unfortunately the probable direction of the party. Which is why I'll probably be looking elsewhere if a POS like Christie is the nominee.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/20/2013, 12:45 PM
Does that include encasing Han Solo in carbonite?

KantoSooner
8/20/2013, 01:41 PM
That's recreational, not work.

FaninAma
8/20/2013, 04:35 PM
Does that include encasing Han Solo in carbonite?

No, just any semblance of principles he may have.

Christie is a creature of the eastern establishment media. He is being pushed right now because he, like Romney and McCain before him, is the least offensive potential GOP presidential candidate in regards to their views on government. By pushing him now they help him in raising campaign funds which might help him swamp other under-funded GOP candidates the way Romney did in 2012.

okie52
8/20/2013, 04:58 PM
No, just any semblance of principles he may have.

Christie is a creature of the eastern establishment media. He is being pushed right now because he, like Romney and McCain before him, is the least offensive potential GOP presidential candidate in regards to their views on government. By pushing him now they help him in raising campaign funds which might help him swamp other under-funded GOP candidates the way Romney did in 2012.

Romney looks like a hard line conservative compared to Christie (or mcshame).....

soonerhubs
8/20/2013, 06:31 PM
Mr Stomach-staple can kiss this prof's ***. He's a sell out with very little strength with regard to principles.

okie52
8/20/2013, 06:39 PM
He'd sellout anyone...

rock on sooner
8/20/2013, 08:48 PM
He'd sellout anyone...

Okie, as a left of center viewer, Christie is no different than ANY GOP'er
that's gonna run. Here's the deal, IDM (It don't matter) who it is, what
matters is finding a realistic candidate that speaks to the far right, the
right of center and ( slightly) left of center...gotta get those moderates,
after all. Christie, much of the time, does the aforementioned without
any effort. Why do you think that is? IMO, he's put a finger on finding
every point of the compass...enough to sway good thinkers... without
any visible effort. He is pragmatic, intelligent and genuine. Lord knows,
we need someone who is that genuine. Colin Powell was that for me,
bummer that he didn't run. Christie has baggage but, it'll be fun!

BTW, Priebus is the Dem's DREAMBOAT!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/20/2013, 09:23 PM
**** him... ****ing rino, he is done for me, hope he never wins any election ever again. He is a horse pig.

okie52
8/20/2013, 10:35 PM
Rockon-

He is different than other pubs I'm familiar with.....he banned fracking in his state and he opposed offshore drilling. He has certainly been making statements that sound like an amnesty guy. Those 2 issues will sink him with me and probably a lot of other pubs.