PDA

View Full Version : Ankle issue

ouwasp
8/17/2013, 11:44 AM
Okay, I know I need to go see an orthopedic. But I'd just like some speculation on what my problem is.

A couple yrs ago I stepped off a porch onto a patio stone covered by leaves. My right heel has about half off the stone, so I rolled my ankle and went tumbling. It was painful and swollen for a few days. Iced it down and took ibuprofen.

But it still hurts. I do much exertion, and I'm limping like an old man. It's not debilitating, just painful. The pain is centered directly in front of the "outside ankle bump" on the right foot. Forgive my lack of medical terminology. It doesn't swell at all, just hurts. I sometimes wear an ankle brace. Most days I'll use a heating pad on it after I come home from work.

But what the devil could be causing pain years after the incident?

cleller
8/17/2013, 01:04 PM
My guess, based upon a very similar bad step off a curb many years ago, is a severely sprained ankle. That was what I was diagnosed with. According to the doc at the time, actually worse to deal with than a broken bone in the ankle. Takes longer to heel. I was in a caste for about 10 weeks, I think.

Of course that was before all these nifty walking boots.

If you've continued to walk on it, and move those joints/tendons, maybe its just never healed properly. I also hurt a knee, and never got the proper treatment, once. Gave me trouble for 5-10 years before it got back to basically normal.

olevetonahill
8/17/2013, 01:13 PM
I aint a Doctor, But sounds Like ya have a Problem with the ankle bone.

Mjcpr
8/17/2013, 01:30 PM
The ankle bones connected to the....leg bone, the leg bones connected to the....hip bone, the hip bones connected to the, back bone.

It could be any of those.

olevetonahill
8/17/2013, 01:40 PM
The ankle bones connected to the....leg bone, the leg bones connected to the....hip bone, the hip bones connected to the, back bone.

It could be any of those.

I concur

Curly Bill
8/17/2013, 04:41 PM
Could be a tear in the ligament there. Could just be a severely sprained ankle that wasn't rehabbed and still flares up.

And why are you using heat on it? Should be using ice.

ouwasp
8/18/2013, 12:20 PM
Never have liked cold... I know, that's pretty weak. But the ankle doesn't swell. Just hurts, and is stiff after I've been up and around. If I go up and down ladders/scaffolds, that's when it is the worst. The heat settles the pain down.

Wonder how a doc would diagnose the issue? An MRI?

BieberFever
8/18/2013, 02:19 PM
buncha pussies on this board. I roll my ankle daily and I've never had a swolled up ankle and cried like you damn girls

bluedogok
8/18/2013, 05:42 PM
Ankles seem to never completely heal, I can still step on a crack in the sidewalk with some difference in elevation and get a twinge up my leg and I severely sprained my ankle 21 years ago.

8timechamps
8/18/2013, 06:34 PM
buncha pussies on this board. I roll my ankle daily and I've never had a swolled up ankle and cried like you damn girls

Yeah, but you're obese. That's why you can't walk without rolling your ankle.

BigTip
8/19/2013, 09:04 AM
I hurt my wrist one time. Hurt for a long time. Never seemed to heal. Just kept hurting. "Damn, this should have healed up by now." Finally went to the doctor. He sent me to a physical therapist. She had me do some exercises with rubber bands and stuff. It got well really quickly.

Hopefully that is your situation.