PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 College Football Picks

JLEW1818
8/12/2013, 07:53 PM
I'll go with undefeated Ohio State over undefeated Oregon. SEC beats each other up. Louisville loses one game.

Sooners 10-3

bnolan06
8/12/2013, 08:14 PM
I'm thinking a 1 loss Georgia over an undefeated Ohio St. in the championship game. Oregon looses at least one game just from coaching change and a different play caller. Louisville always chokes.

Sooners... Agreed, 10-3.

Blue
8/12/2013, 09:09 PM
Sec will beat each other up and still be overrated and have 6 teams in top 10.

I'll go Alabama over Ohio State. I don't see these two dropping more than one game with their schedules.

OU goes 10-2 Fiesta.

Sabanball
8/12/2013, 09:27 PM
As unlikely as a three- peat seems, honestly who would you pick right now against Bama? I'm predicting Bama/Stanford in the BCSCG and that it will be Bama/ND all over again.

8timechamps
8/12/2013, 10:02 PM
Flordia State/Bama

FSU wins their once a generation title.

Ruf/Nek7
8/12/2013, 10:40 PM
I thought this thread was about a pick em league. Anyone interested in joining one if I start it up?

LRoss
8/13/2013, 09:16 AM
After 3 weeks, there are a ton of undefeated teams that all look fantastic. Fans and message boards everywhere explode with the possibilities of HOW many undefeateds at season's end? This is finally the year that everything really blows up and everybody's again up in arms that the ridiculous pre-season polls are going to determine who plays for the MNC and who gets left out.

By mid October there have been some shocking and unforeseeable upsets, but there are still around 8-10 undefeateds, and although a couple will square off against each other later or in CCG's, it looks like there will be an undefeated school from pretty much every major conference as well as at least one non-AQ. Fans and message boards everywhere start looking down the schedules of undefeated teams and declare with God-like certainty that there aren't any losses left. True college football apocalypse will be upon us.

By mid November there have been more shocking and unforeseeable upsets, but there are exactly 3 undefeated schools remaining, and of course they're all locks to win out.

By the end of conference championship games, there have been more shocking and unforeseeable upsets, and there may or may not be one remaining undefeated.

Although I feel pretty good about the above, what follows is almost sure to not happen, no matter what I say. So I'll go with Michigan as the surprise undefeated over a 1-loss Georgia that finally manages to break through, but then receives the undiluted hatred of the entirety of the SEC for failing to bring home the crystal football.

OU goes 10-2. Wins a game in which they were the underdog in a shockingly unforeseeable upset and bringing unbridled enthusiasm and optimism that we may never lose again. And also losing a game in which they were favored, bringing cries that Bob's lost his mojo for good, can't win the big one, doesn't care enough, makes too much money, has too big of a house, needs to cheat better, and can only win when he has better talent than the other team. Also, all season long, any and every play that doesn't work is a stupid call that my wife who doesn't even watch football saw coming, and fully justifies multiple firings immediately.

badger
8/13/2013, 09:24 AM
I thought this thread was about a pick em league. Anyone interested in joining one if I start it up?

Sure, if it's on Yahoo

KantoSooner
8/13/2013, 10:24 AM
After 3 weeks, there are a ton of undefeated teams that all look fantastic. Fans and message boards everywhere explode with the possibilities of HOW many undefeateds at season's end? This is finally the year that everything really blows up and everybody's again up in arms that the ridiculous pre-season polls are going to determine who plays for the MNC and who gets left out.

By mid October there have been some shocking and unforeseeable upsets, but there are still around 8-10 undefeateds, and although a couple will square off against each other later or in CCG's, it looks like there will be an undefeated school from pretty much every major conference as well as at least one non-AQ. Fans and message boards everywhere start looking down the schedules of undefeated teams and declare with God-like certainty that there aren't any losses left. True college football apocalypse will be upon us.

By mid November there have been more shocking and unforeseeable upsets, but there are exactly 3 undefeated schools remaining, and of course they're all locks to win out.

By the end of conference championship games, there have been more shocking and unforeseeable upsets, and there may or may not be one remaining undefeated.

Although I feel pretty good about the above, what follows is almost sure to not happen, no matter what I say. So I'll go with Michigan as the surprise undefeated over a 1-loss Georgia that finally manages to break through, but then receives the undiluted hatred of the entirety of the SEC for failing to bring home the crystal football.

OU goes 10-2. Wins a game in which they were the underdog in a shockingly unforeseeable upset and bringing unbridled enthusiasm and optimism that we may never lose again. And also losing a game in which they were favored, bringing cries that Bob's lost his mojo for good, can't win the big one, doesn't care enough, makes too much money, has too big of a house, needs to cheat better, and can only win when he has better talent than the other team. Also, all season long, any and every play that doesn't work is a stupid call that my wife who doesn't even watch football saw coming, and fully justifies multiple firings immediately.

My God! Were you born with these powers, or did you have to travel to the deepest Himalayan valley retreat to develop them under a personal guru/holy man?

LRoss
8/13/2013, 04:49 PM
^^Let's just say that I have a source. A very reliable source, mind you! But naturally I cannot tell you who or what this might be.

SoonerorLater
8/13/2013, 05:07 PM
Alabama - Oregon with the Ducks pulling off the upset.

OU 7-5 hope I'm wrong

Tulsa_Fireman
8/13/2013, 05:38 PM
Ditka 77, sabanelzebub -12

8timechamps
8/13/2013, 07:39 PM

I'm pretty sure I've disagreed with something you said in the past, but damn...that's a quality post!

Zin
8/13/2013, 09:13 PM
I don't see Ohio State losing with their schedule. I don't see Stanford or Oregon losing either except to each other. I think it will be Stanford/OSU.

Scott D
8/14/2013, 04:57 AM
South Carolina has a favorable schedule.