PDA

View Full Version : KD Cannon

Ruf/Nek7
8/10/2013, 09:46 PM
Committed to Baylor. Not often we miss on a top WR recruit but i feel it all came down to PT and how fast he can get on the field. He seems like the kind of kid that wants the spotlight and though he could have eventually had that here, he will have it quicker in Waco. Kind of glad to see Baylor building up their program. Makes Big12-2 better.

Ruf/Nek7
8/11/2013, 04:44 PM
And according to twitter Hardeman and Keneen Brown has committed to okie st.

8timechamps
8/11/2013, 09:03 PM
None of the three surprised me at all.

Cannon never visited campus, and was always a heavy Baylor lean. Would have loved to have gotten him, but I don't know that he would have seen the field any time soon.

OU didn't even offer Hardeman until his de-commitment, so I think that was just a long shot to begin with. From what I've heard, Norvell was very upfront with Brown about the depth of the position, and what things looked like in the future. Brown, like Cannon went where they could play asap. I can't fault a kid for that.

It's nice to be able to miss out on guys because there are already so many good ones in front of them that are committed, that's how it used to be. Now, if we can get back to that at d-tackle, we'll be good.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2013, 02:05 AM
Committed to Baylor. Not often we miss on a top WR recruit but i feel it all came down to PT and how fast he can get on the field. He seems like the kind of kid that wants the spotlight and though he could have eventually had that here, he will have it quicker in Waco. Kind of glad to see Baylor building up their program. Makes Big12-2 better.

I'm not sure how much quicker he'll get it at Baylor. We have a pretty talented stable. We also signed the top WR in Texas last year...Robbie Rhodes-4 Star.

Our talent level at WR is high. I couldn't be more pleased with how things are going. I remember when I got giddy when we managed to get a 3-star. Rhodes and Cannon are big additions.

8timechamps
8/12/2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure how much quicker he'll get it at Baylor. We have a pretty talented stable. We also signed the top WR in Texas last year...Robbie Rhodes-4 Star.

Our talent level at WR is high. I couldn't be more pleased with how things are going. I remember when I got giddy when we managed to get a 3-star. Rhodes and Cannon are big additions.

Derrick Griffin was the top receiver in Texas last year, but Rhodes was right up there, and a very good pick-up.

I can't speak to Baylor's WR unit, but it can't be as deep with talent as OU. Don't get me wrong, Baylor has one of the better units in the conference, but if you look at the way the receivers were rated coming out of high school, only Texas can match OU.

I'm 100% sure Cannon will see the field quicker at Baylor than he would have at OU.

8timechamps
8/13/2013, 07:28 PM
Just to add (about K.D. Cannon):

“They told me I can come in as freshman and get playing time, maybe even start,” Cannon told RecruitingNation’s Damon Sayles. “That means a lot. Plus, them being like a family really won me over.”

Clearly the kid wanted playing time, again, something he wasn't going to get right away at OU. Can't blame him for wanting to play asap.

Herr Scholz
8/14/2013, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure how much quicker he'll get it at Baylor.
Then you're not being objective. OU is always filthy with talented WRs.

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2013, 11:30 PM
Then you're not being objective. OU is always filthy with talented WRs.

I absolutely do not believe their WR's are significantly better than ours.

8timechamps
8/15/2013, 08:09 PM
I absolutely do not believe their WR's are significantly better than ours.

Then you're being a homer. Don't get me wrong, we all are to a degree.

If you go back and research how every receiver on the roster was rated/ranked out of high school, OU ranks ahead of Baylor. I'm not exactly sure what kind of experience the young Baylor receivers have, but OU has a lot of young guys with game experience.

Baylor is no doubt landing some very quality players, more-so than ever before, and they are the "hot" team in recruiting right now, but don't get ahead of yourself....homer! ;)

As for Texas, regardless of not meeting their expectations, they still pretty much cherry pick the players they want from Texas. That's going to make it tough for any team in the conference to out recruit them (not saying it can't be done, or that it hasn't been done, but they still boast the most talented roster in the conference).

Ruf/Nek7
8/16/2013, 10:57 PM
This does not even include transfers like Saunders and Bester. Obviously bester has not done much but the guy is killer on NCAA 14 :friendly_wink:

Curly Bill
8/16/2013, 11:18 PM
I'm far from being a homer, and I'll say without question OU's receiving corps is far better than Baylor's.

8timechamps
8/17/2013, 06:58 PM
I'm far from being a homer, and I'll say without question OU's receiving corps is far better than Baylor's.

There you go Sic'Em.

Curly is the last guy to say OU has the best anything. He's a real dick that way ;)

Curly Bill
8/17/2013, 07:25 PM
There you go Sic'Em.

Curly is the last guy to say OU has the best anything. He's a real dick that way ;)

I'm an OU fan through and through, but I do tend to play a bit of the Devil's advocate!