PDA

View Full Version : Whiskey Sour Just may become my drank

olevetonahill
8/7/2013, 11:56 PM
I been spearamentin
I like em

Any one gots a Great Home made recipe? Not that Store bought Mix carp?

olevetonahill
8/7/2013, 11:57 PM
Oh and yes I can Google . I want tried and true recipes.

olevetonahill
8/8/2013, 01:28 AM
quart an a 1/2 Plus a http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/tokin%27.jpg

I aint feeling No Pain .

Jacie
8/8/2013, 06:35 AM
Whiskey + ice and/or a little water, what men drink.

Whiskey + anything else, what wimmen drink.

KantoSooner
8/8/2013, 09:49 AM
The real issue here, for most of us incipient type 2 diabetics is the shocking amount of sugar in the damn things. I guess if you must, use lemon juice and agave syrup (low glycemic index) to get where you're going.
Try one with Rye. I vaguely remember that it has a different name, but basically it's a sour with rye.

Lynchberg Lemonade is pretty much in line if you're pining for bourbon.

olevetonahill
8/8/2013, 09:53 AM

OVJ **** you very much.

The real issue here, for most of us incipient type 2 diabetics is the shocking amount of sugar in the damn things. I guess if you must, use lemon juice and agave syrup (low glycemic index) to get where you're going.
Try one with Rye. I vaguely remember that it has a different name, but basically it's a sour with rye.

Lynchberg Lemonade is pretty much in line if you're pining for bourbon.

1/2 a gallon last night pretty much hung me under this morning :panda:

KantoSooner
8/8/2013, 10:01 AM
You, young man, need to switch over to dark rum. Muddle a lime, bury in crushed ice, drown in Royal Navy, enjoy. Very good for thunder storm nights. High in vitamin C and fiber. Keeps both scurvy AND constipation away.

olevetonahill
8/8/2013, 10:21 AM

You, young man, need to switch over to dark rum. Muddle a lime, bury in crushed ice, drown in Royal Navy, enjoy. Very good for thunder storm nights. High in vitamin C and fiber. Keeps both scurvy AND constipation away.

Prolly would cept I gots all this Jack here Plus some of that clear sippin stuff.

Lott's Bandana
8/8/2013, 10:26 AM
Loved WS back when.

Now they are synonymous with heartburn and hangovers.

olevetonahill
8/8/2013, 10:33 AM
Loved WS back when.

Now they are synonymous with heartburn and hangovers.

heh Before last night the last time I drank em, when I sobered up I was in Viet nam !

SoonerInFortSmith
8/8/2013, 10:49 AM
I take my Jack with ice and a squirt of lime.

En_Fuego
8/8/2013, 11:12 AM
INGREDIENTS
2 ounces rye or blended whiskey
3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon superfine sugar or simple syrup
Slice of orange or lemon (or both) and a maraschino cherry
INSTRUCTIONS
Shake the whiskey, lemon juice, and sugar vigorously with ice; then strain over ice into a chilled cocktail glass, Old Fashioned glass, or highball glass. Garnish with an orange or lemon slice (or both) and a maraschino cherry.
Variations: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Brandy, and Pisco Sours may all be made by substituting the respective spirit for the rye or blended whiskey in a Whiskey Sour.

Pulled it off the net

KantoSooner
8/8/2013, 12:43 PM
Ice is an excellent mixer for all whiskies.

Most all of them work well warm, in a jelly glass, for breakfast, as well. If it's cold out, put 'em in the microwave for about 15 seconds to piping hot; takes the chill off the world.

Just sayin'

Jacie
8/8/2013, 01:30 PM
Hell, my parents didn't even bother with the ice, just a water chaser.

As a small child I remember well going to restaurants with my parents (in a rotation that consisted of Herman's Seafood, The Golden Pheasant and The Ranch House). Mom always carried a big purse, one that would easily hold a fifth-sized bottle. Daddy would tell the waitress to bring them two glasses of water and two empty glasses. This was in Oklahoma, years before there was anything like legalized liquor-by-the-drink and began before Okie-style Prohibition ended in '59. When you grow up getting your booze from bootleggers, a mixed drink consists of bourbon and tap water . . .

olevetonahill
8/8/2013, 02:37 PM
Hell, my parents didn't even bother with the ice, just a water chaser.

As a small child I remember well going to restaurants with my parents (in a rotation that consisted of Herman's Seafood, The Golden Pheasant and The Ranch House). Mom always carried a big purse, one that would easily hold a fifth-sized bottle. Daddy would tell the waitress to bring them two glasses of water and two empty glasses. This was in Oklahoma, years before there was anything like legalized liquor-by-the-drink and began before Okie-style Prohibition ended in '59. When you grow up getting your booze from bootleggers, a mixed drink consists of bourbon and tap water . . .

Sounds like a couple of pussies to me. When Im drankin the Shine I usually use Natty as a chaser

KantoSooner
8/8/2013, 03:15 PM
Well, that's at home. They were in a high class restaurant.

Pay attention.

olevetonahill
8/8/2013, 03:51 PM
Well, that's at home. They were in a high class restaurant.

Pay Tention.

FIFY

Lott's Bandana
8/9/2013, 10:28 AM
Dean with the "straight whisky or you're all a bunch of pussies!" in 3...2...1...

SoonerInFortSmith
8/9/2013, 12:51 PM
The only appropriate chaser for OVJ is more OVJ. Too good to chase.

C&CDean
8/9/2013, 03:36 PM
Dean with the "straight whisky or you're all a bunch of pussies!" in 3...2...1...

Faggots. Not pussies.

I just don't get the whole "let's drink some whiskey but make it taste like pickled leprachaun jizz" crapola. Whiskey, room temp, in a glass. Or plastic glass. Paper? I'll do it (some of the cheaper hotels don't have glass or plastic so I make due with paper). Whiskey/y is perfection to begin with. Why **** it all up?