PDA

View Full Version : Fr at Georgia State organizes "White Student Union"

Soonerjeepman
8/2/2013, 01:11 PM
in response to the Black Student Union, Hispanic Student Union...etc.

Sounds resonable to me...

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/08/01/white-student-union-launches-at-georgia-state-university/

Curly Bill
8/2/2013, 03:48 PM
Fair is fair...

rock on sooner
8/2/2013, 03:49 PM
Yup!

olevetonahill
8/2/2013, 04:17 PM
Ima jump in some guards face and Yell. I'll whip every whitey Here.

cleller
8/2/2013, 04:24 PM
Heh. Southern Poverty Law Center immediately called one of the other white student unions a "hate group".

Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc are fine to organize unions. Whites do it, and its a "hate group"?

FaninAma
8/2/2013, 04:35 PM
Heh. Southern Poverty Law Center immediately called one of the other white student unions a "hate group".

Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc are fine to organize unions. Whites do it, and its a "hate group"?

The goal is to create as much white guilt as possible.

SoonerorLater
8/2/2013, 05:40 PM
I'm sure the critics would say the whole school is already a white student union.

Soonerjeepman
8/2/2013, 08:57 PM
I'm sure the critics would say the whole school is already a white student union.

actually only 38% are white...35% are black...12% asian (yellow, since we are using color words~), etc...

SCOUT
8/3/2013, 01:06 AM
Minority white in a school can be a tough scenario. Perhaps these kids just wanted to exercise their freedom of association in a way that was similar to many other groups?

***I am sure I will be branded a racist for such an interrogative.

diverdog
8/3/2013, 03:36 AM
actually only 38% are white...35% are black...12% asian (yellow, since we are using color words~), etc...

I think Georgia State is a historically black college/university(HBC). Right now many of them are upset because the demographics are changing because they offer a reasonable value for white commuter students. I think the idea of a state funded HBC has long out lived its usefulness. The problem is that the old guard is so entrenched that they will not change. In a lot of cases these universities practiced discriminatory hiring practices that would never be tolerated in the corporate world. I cannot think of one HBC that has a white President.

stoopified
8/3/2013, 10:57 AM
Fair is fair...Not if you are white,don't you can't have a white history week,United White College Fund, or anything else with the word white in it because thatmakes it racist? Funny how that works.

SoonerStormchaser
8/3/2013, 02:31 PM
What about the NAAWP?

En_Fuego
8/3/2013, 08:18 PM
What about the NAAWP?

They have the NAACP but they don't like being called colored..... Imagine that !

Soonerjeepman
8/4/2013, 09:13 PM
I'm colored...peach..or tan in the summer... ;-)

En_Fuego
8/4/2013, 09:23 PM
I'm colored...peach..or tan in the summer... ;-)

I'm colored too. So that group would pertain to me right ? .... No

BigTip
8/5/2013, 08:09 AM
This is what minority groups do. They organize these sort of groups. White people are becoming the minority in several things. No harm no foul.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/5/2013, 11:51 AM
Fair is fair...

Just ask the guys at OU who laughingly tried to form the "white Peoples Union" years ago...

TheHumanAlphabet
8/5/2013, 11:52 AM
The goal is to create as much white guilt as possible.

Bingo... and then give out reparations... wait, we do that now, its called welfare...

XingTheRubicon
8/5/2013, 12:14 PM
I can't wait til we have our first white MLK so we can go on marches for equality. I've always wanted to go on a march.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/5/2013, 12:44 PM
I think Georgia State is a historically black college/university(HBC). Right now many of them are upset because the demographics are changing because they offer a reasonable value for white commuter students. I think the idea of a state funded HBC has long out lived its usefulness. The problem is that the old guard is so entrenched that they will not change. In a lot of cases these universities practiced discriminatory hiring practices that would never be tolerated in the corporate world. I cannot think of one HBC that has a white President.

It just amazes me. The HBC's were set up as institutions of segregation and are now virulently defended by the black establishment. Here in NOLA, there was a proposal to merge the University of New Orleans (a traditional school) with Southern University of New Orleans (HBC). The 2 campuses are a half mile apart and both have struggled to get enrollment back near pre-Katrina levels. The state, like many states, has been cutting post secondary ed spending to balance the budget and both of these schools are in dire financial straits. UNO dropped D-1 athletics because it was hurting so much.

Of course, at the suggestion of a merger, the black establishment howled and and the plans were scrapped. The state has way too many publicly funded campuses and needs to consolidate.