PDA

View Full Version : So, is St. John on campus now or not?

landrun
8/1/2013, 06:14 PM
I haven't heard a word about him being at practice today. Is he on campus or not?

... I've given up on Russell myself. :grumpy:

8timechamps
8/1/2013, 06:18 PM
I haven't heard a word about him being at practice today. Is he on campus or not?

... I've given up on Russell myself. :grumpy:

Yep. He's there (and was at practice today).

Russell will be on campus the week of August 12 (second hand information, so take that for what it's worth).

landrun
8/1/2013, 06:35 PM
Thanks!

birddog
8/1/2013, 07:24 PM
at this point we need russell(dl) way more than st. john. o-line looks to be okay after they were forced to play last year. if st. john can contribute maybe we can keep our "linebackers" "defensive line" off the field by tossing the skin no more than 10x a game. get bell, millard, and one of the stable of running backs out there and we diminish the chances of the defense giving up 600+yards per game.

OUmillenium
8/1/2013, 07:43 PM
Lets hope it plays out that way a lot this year birddog

birddog
8/1/2013, 09:02 PM
the bonus is it's not life or death, eh? i mean, BB is taller than all but 4 dudes listed on the chart. if he really is a 250 lbs+ i think he can be one of those qbs/runners that frustrate the hell out of fans by gaining an extra 6 yards by falling forward. DD has size, Millard can get guys out of the way, and we have enough wr talent to spread out opponents d. But it looks like our d will be no better than what ku, tech, baylor, or boone tech puts out on a yearly basis. i just can't look at the defensive depth chart of the big guys without wondering how we will give the bad guys qb's less than 5 seconds to scan the field.

8timechamps
8/1/2013, 09:05 PM
Interesting to note, Gabe Ikard said at the Sooner Caravan a couple of nights ago that Bedenbaugh has encouraged all of the offensive linemen to gain weight. Ikard is over 300 pounds for the first time since getting to Norman. Sounds like the plan is to have a physically imposing offensive line.

I really like the sound of that.

stoopified
8/2/2013, 06:58 AM
Interesting to note, Gabe Ikard said at the Sooner Caravan a couple of nights ago that Bedenbaugh has encouraged all of the offensive linemen to gain weight. Ikard is over 300 pounds for the first time since getting to Norman. Sounds like the plan is to have a physically imposing offensive line.

I really like the sound of that.I heard Toby talking to BB recently and that was confirmed in that conversation. BB wants his line big,beefy,and nasty.