PDA

View Full Version : McCain a Hillary supporter?

okie52
8/1/2013, 10:12 AM
Hillary vs. Rand Paul would be ‘tough choice,’ McCain quips
By Aaron Blake, Published: July 31 at 8:25 amE-mail the writer

In an interview with the New Republic, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) acknowledges, laughingly, that a 2016 presidential race between former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) would be “a tough choice” for him.

“When Hillary Clinton v. Rand Paul occurs in 2016, I guess you are going to have to decide who to vote for, huh?” TNR asked.

McCain responded with a chuckle: “It’s gonna be a tough choice.”

He then added: “Let me just clarify that. I think that Rand Paul represents a segment of the GOP, just like his father. And I think he is trying to expand that, intelligently, to make it larger.”

McCain has quarreled repeatedly with Paul over national security and foreign policy issues, with McCain’s hawkish style clashing with Paul’s more libertarian, limited-intervention style. At one point, McCain labeled Paul and his ilk “wacko birds.”

McCain has also had — at times — a nice relationship with Hillary and Bill Clinton, and the two said nice things about each other during the 2008 campaign. More recently, however, McCain emerged as a chief critic of the Obama administration and of Hillary Clinton’s State Department for its handling of the attacks on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, in which four Americans were killed.

In the TNR interview, McCain called Clinton a “rock star” and said she did a “fine job” as secretary of state.

“She has, maybe not glamour, but certainly the aura of someone widely regarded throughout the world,” McCain said. “I do think it is interesting that the issues where John Kerry is engaging is where Hillary Clinton did not engage in, that those decisions were left to the White House and the National Security Council.”.

BigTip
8/1/2013, 10:25 AM
Rand Paul needs to focus focus focus and make it happen.
Or Rubio.

SOMEBODY!!!!!! Please!

okie52
8/1/2013, 10:38 AM
I hope its not Rubio as he lost me when he sold out on amnesty....but I could look at Paul and Cruz in 2016.

I'm ashamed to say I voted for Mcshame in '08.

rock on sooner
8/1/2013, 11:05 AM
I think that it is interesting that the perceived GOP frontrunners
for 2016 are first term senators and/or first term governor,
considering how hard the GOP hammered on Obama for being
a first term senator. Should make for a fun filled campaign season!

okie52
8/1/2013, 11:14 AM
I think that it is interesting that the perceived GOP frontrunners
for 2016 are first term senators and/or first term governor,
considering how hard the GOP hammered on Obama for being
a first term senator. Should make for a fun filled campaign season!

Christie wouldn't be a 1st term governor if he ran. Obama was hammered by his own words...he wasn't going to run for president because he didn't have the experience.

rock on sooner
8/1/2013, 11:25 AM
Christie wouldn't be a 1st term governor if he ran. Obama was hammered by his own words...he wasn't going to run for president because he didn't have the experience.

Yer right about Christie, but, currently, he IS a first termer. As to Obama's
experience, I'm just guessing here, but after he saw what was going on, he
figured, what the hell, let's do this. As a left of center type, I'd look seriously
at Christie and listen closely. He has a tendency to do/say what's right and not
what people want him to say/do. I'd have voted for Colin Powell, if he'd run,
because that's the way he was/is!

okie52
8/1/2013, 11:31 AM
Yer right about Christie, but, currently, he IS a first termer. As to Obama's
experience, I'm just guessing here, but after he saw what was going on, he
figured, what the hell, let's do this. As a left of center type, I'd look seriously
at Christie and listen closely. He has a tendency to do/say what's right and not
what people want him to say/do. I'd have voted for Colin Powell, if he'd run,
because that's the way he was/is!

I'm sure that is what happened with Obama's decision although Hillary looked like a strong candidate at that time.

Christie won't get my vote as he pretty much is on the other side from me on the 2 issues I consider most important...immigration and energy. A much more conservative Romney from New England still struggled in the southern states primaries and I see it being worse for Christie...but I've been wrong before.:black_eyed:

FaninAma
8/1/2013, 12:28 PM
McCain is just throwing one of his infamous political temper-tantrums. He is upset that the new wave of GOP Senators don't bow down and kiss his.....ring. So instead of being a good party member he will take his ball and go home. Aside to RushisMyClone:GOP members like McCain are a reason I will never blindly support the party.

diverdog
8/1/2013, 01:17 PM
Rand Paul needs to focus focus focus and make it happen.
Or Rubio.

SOMEBODY!!!!!! Please!

Rand Paul is a political wet dream for the GOP. No way in hell he wins the race against Hillary. The Dems will nail him to a cross over SS, defense and Medicare. He will lose the senior vote.

okie52
8/1/2013, 03:23 PM
Gingrich: I Side With Rand Paul and Ted Cruz
Thursday, 01 Aug 2013 02:10 PM
By Courtney Coren

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Thursday that he sides with Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz because they are not afraid to ask important questions and it is disheartening to watch establishment Republicans like Gov. Chris Christie "grow hysterical."

"I consistently have been on the side of having the courage that Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have and I think it's sad to watch the establishment grow hysterical, but frankly they're hysterical because they have no answers," Gingrich said while appearing on 'The Laura Ingraham Show,' Politico reports.

Gingrich was on Ingraham's show to offer his opinion on the current debate going on between Paul and the New Jersey governor which began when Christie said that the libertarian ideas promoted by the Kentucky Republican were "dangerous" because of his isolationist view on national security and his opposition to the National Security Agency's surveillance program.

The former House speaker said that even though he did support the wars in Afghanistan and in Iraq, Republicans need to admit that "the way that they were executed failed, and maybe we should have known better, those of us that supported them… Republicans have a real obligation to ask themselves the question: Aren't there some pretty painful lessons to learn from the last 10 or 12 years? Don't we have to confront the reality that this didn't work as a strategy?"

The GOP infighting is a sign of the discomfort the establishment has with the power Paul and the Texas Republican have gained in recent months, Gingrich argued.

"Trust me, Chris Christie is only the first sign, the establishment will grow more and more hysterical, the more powerful Rand Paul and Ted Cruz become. They will gain strength as it's obvious that they are among the few people willing to raise the right questions," he said.

Gingrich also questioned Christie's knowledge of the issues.

"I think Christie is a very good governor of New Jersey, and I think that he is a very strong personality, and apparently in New Jersey tradition, he thinks bluster and strong language without facts can carry you a long way," Gingrich added.

The New Jersey governor took shots at Gingrich during the 2012 Republican primary calling the former speaker an embarrassment for failing to register his organization as a lobbyist.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gingrich-side-paul-cruz/2013/08/01/id/518262#ixzz2akb9Q74C

rock on sooner
8/1/2013, 04:18 PM

Considering that this is Gingrich...yawn...

okie52
8/1/2013, 04:38 PM
Considering that this is Gingrich...yawn...

Actually I thought it was kind of significant because I see Newt as an establishment republican.

rock on sooner
8/1/2013, 05:51 PM
Actually I thought it was kind of significant because I see Newt as an establishment republican.

Welp, lots of other Pubs do, too. I see him as a stuffed shirt, arrogant
I-know-more-than-you-do also ran that took Adelson's millions and pissed
it away, knowing full well he couldn't win a race for dog catcher, but that's
just my opinion...:wink:

rock on sooner
8/1/2013, 05:54 PM
Oh, and I forgot, Calista and Newt needs to sell many books, so
let's milk it as long as we can.....flippin' creep adulterer!

okie52
8/1/2013, 07:45 PM
Welp, lots of other Pubs do, too. I see him as a stuffed shirt, arrogant
I-know-more-than-you-do also ran that took Adelson's millions and pissed
it away, knowing full well he couldn't win a race for dog catcher, but that's
just my opinion...:wink:

I get it you're not a newt fan

I'm not necessarily a newt fan either...I just see him as an establishment pub that has strayed in supporting Cruz and Paul instead a rino like Christie...and I'm glad to see it.

rock on sooner
8/1/2013, 08:14 PM
I get it you're not a newt fan

I'm not necessarily a newt fan either...I just see him as an establishment pub that has strayed in supporting Cruz and Paul instead a rino like Christie...and I'm glad to see it.

I respect what you're saying...I think someone like Newt is such a disservice
to the GOP, or any party, for that matter. It saddens me that he still gets a
chance on broadcast teevee to air his "stuff", completely aware of the 1st
Amendment. If he is truly an "establishment Pub", IMO, then the Pubs are
in worse shape than I had hoped....

okie52
8/1/2013, 11:14 PM
I respect what you're saying...I think someone like Newt is such a disservice
to the GOP, or any party, for that matter. It saddens me that he still gets a
chance on broadcast teevee to air his "stuff", completely aware of the 1st
Amendment. If he is truly an "establishment Pub", IMO, then the Pubs are
in worse shape than I had hoped....

The establishment pubs are bad for the party. McShame, grahamnesty, Florida bush, Alexander the conquered, et al...hopefully some new blood will redirect the party away from these losers.