PDA

View Full Version : Putin and Obammy sittin around, Putin says to Obammy

olevetonahill
8/1/2013, 08:20 AM
Go **** yerself.

Edward Snowden got asylum in Russia

http://news.yahoo.com/edward-snowden-got-asylum-russia-lawyer-says-121914081.html

Curly Bill
8/1/2013, 08:29 AM
I like it! I'm pretty much of the opinion that Putin is less an enemy to the USofA than Obammy is!

...Not that Obammy is solely responsible for the surveillance state we now live in.

olevetonahill
8/1/2013, 08:35 AM
I like it! I'm pretty much of the opinion that Putin is less an enemy to the USofA than Obammy is!

...Not that Obammy is solely responsible for the surveillance state we now live in.

So then One is a Eastern Diamondback runnin loose in yer shack and the Other is a King Cobra. :wink:

TheHumanAlphabet
8/1/2013, 09:33 AM
I fear The Leftist for what he could do and no one will question him or knows exactly what he wants to do. I understand Putin and know what he is up to, bringing glory back to mother Russia in all things and to crush the USA. I would keep The Leftist closer to me...

Bourbon St Sooner
8/1/2013, 10:57 AM
So, I guess Obama won't have his political prisoner. Oh well, maybe he can go waterboard Bradley Manning a few times just for the hell of it.

FaninAma
8/1/2013, 12:30 PM
It reminds me of the old comic book ads I used to see when I was a kid that depicted the 96 pound weakling getting sand kicked in his face by the beach bully. Somehow I doubt Obama will grow a pair of cajones and do anything about it.

FaninAma
8/1/2013, 12:40 PM
Pretty humorous comparison of Putin and Obama: http://www.tomatobubble.com/putin_obama.html

KantoSooner
8/1/2013, 01:22 PM
I think this is perfect.
Snowden goes and hangs out in Russia. Hanging over his little punkin head is the fact that if he really pisses Vlad off, he gets fed feet first into a boiler in Basement Level 2 at the Lubyanka and his disappearance is reported as a 'car accident'.
Meantime, Vlad gets all the cooperation he wants from CIA and FBI on security for the Winter Games because, we want Snowden to be kept from travelling further and to be encouraged to be a very quiet, obedient boy and both we and the Russians need each other on info regarding various Islamic groups.
This ties it up with a bow.
Nastrovya, Vladimir Vladimirovich!
If the man drank, I'd send him a bottle of Smirnov (which would, in itself be a sort of backhanded insult, but he'd see that and appreciate it and, Wine Spectator notwithstanding, it's excellent vodka) perhaps some Hudson River beluga. And we'd play the balalaika and sing songs of the Volga and of the Don.

diverdog
8/1/2013, 02:33 PM
I think this is perfect.
Snowden goes and hangs out in Russia. Hanging over his little punkin head is the fact that if he really pisses Vlad off, he gets fed feet first into a boiler in Basement Level 2 at the Lubyanka and his disappearance is reported as a 'car accident'.
Meantime, Vlad gets all the cooperation he wants from CIA and FBI on security for the Winter Games because, we want Snowden to be kept from travelling further and to be encouraged to be a very quiet, obedient boy and both we and the Russians need each other on info regarding various Islamic groups.
If the man drank, I'd send him a bottle of Smirnov (which would, in itself be a sort of backhanded insult, but he'd see that and appreciate it and, Wine Spectator notwithstanding, it's excellent vodka) perhaps some Hudson River beluga. And we'd play the balalaika and sing songs of the Volga and of the Don.

You should either write for a magazine or start your own blog. This is excellent stuff.

KantoSooner
8/1/2013, 03:10 PM
I'm just trying to figure out how this can all work out. Vlad is a definite 'frenemy'. I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but there are numerous areas in which we can do business. And it's way too late to mourn the loss of whatever Snowden touched. As Hayden said, "If they haven't harvested everything he had with him already, I'd lose all professional respect for them."

FaninAma
8/1/2013, 04:02 PM
I think this is perfect.

Doubt it. Putin loves rubbing Obama's nose in it. It shows how truly ineffective Obama is on the world stage which plays right into Putin's and Russia's hands when it comes time for other countries to choose sides in issues like Syria and Iraq. Snowden will be Putin's trump card when the US and the Obama administration try to lecture Russia about the ethics of their internal political shortcomings.

KantoSooner
8/1/2013, 04:46 PM
Oh, there'll be a bit of that, but, frankly, Snowden's 15 minutes is about up. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't end up having document problems for a long time and teaching American Affairs at a second rate Russian college. He'll get trotted out the same way we trot out the defectors who are living in the US. You can't take that too seriously; because, it really doesn't mean much.

Our relationship with the Russians isn't without it's subtlety and humor. Putin has his fun, but, end of the day, he needs a decent relationship with us. He's in no position to play the same head-to-head games his Soviet predecessors were; and, in my evaluation, doesn't really want to. He wants a seat at the table. A better seat than what they have now, but still, a seat at this table, not some other one.