PDA

View Full Version : Does this video look familiar?

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 05:15 PM
Iowa State's 2013 "hype" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?DB_OEM_ID=10410&v=eiGrK1qQ-J0&feature=youtu.be

Now go back and look at last year's Sooner Intro video: LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54GlnW9Miso) (sorry, could only include one video per post)

Tulsa_Fireman
7/30/2013, 05:21 PM
There's only ONE giant red chicken that gets his *** beat like a dog in football.

cvsooner
7/30/2013, 06:39 PM
Other than the idea of a player looking at the video board in a stadium, there's no comparison. The Sooner video is incomparably better than the ISU version, as it honors the past, present and future, and has great narration besides. Maybe there's a bit of 'inspiration' in the ISU version, but the point is? If it's a copy, it's a damn poor one.

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 06:53 PM
Other than the idea of a player looking at the video board in a stadium, there's no comparison. The Sooner video is incomparably better than the ISU version, as it honors the past, present and future, and has great narration besides. Maybe there's a bit of 'inspiration' in the ISU version, but the point is? If it's a copy, it's a damn poor one.

There's more than just a "bit" of inspiration in the ISU video. The entire ISU looks like a short, much worse, version of the OU video. My point is that it's kinda embarrassing for ISU. The OU video was just so well done, to put out a video that looks so similar is just, well, embarrassing.

rock on sooner
7/30/2013, 07:28 PM
Aw, c'mon guys, the ISU video is an effort to jack up their fans..just one guy..
Jack Trice...these fans are good, loyal, passionate and far better than the jackwads
over in Iowa City....nothing in the video even remotely resembles OU...ISU has a
good, caring, loyal coach and a desire to be better!.. Every so often they rise up and
thump someone they aren't supposed to. Their kids are good students and try hard!

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 08:50 PM
Aw, c'mon guys, the ISU video is an effort to jack up their fans..just one guy..
Jack Trice...these fans are good, loyal, passionate and far better than the jackwads
over in Iowa City....nothing in the video even remotely resembles OU...ISU has a
good, caring, loyal coach and a desire to be better!.. Every so often they rise up and
thump someone they aren't supposed to. Their kids are good students and try hard!

Maybe I worded my thoughts on this wrong. I'm not knocking ISU's team or fans. To add, I really like coach Rhoades (although I think he's fighting a losing battle), but the video is clearly "inspired" by OU's intro video.

It's much shorter, and there is no voice-over, but it's very similar.

Besides, who cares if ISU has good fans? This is a Sooner board. We don't like any outsiders. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
7/30/2013, 11:34 PM
I heard Coach Rhoades's mom has good fans.

Mazeppa
7/31/2013, 12:39 PM
"THIS is Iowa State FOOTBALL!"

badger
7/31/2013, 01:12 PM
Where's the shot of Tulsa beating them in the Liberty Bowl :D

stoopified
8/1/2013, 08:46 AM
cute