PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to limit the right to vote? Discuss

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2013, 10:23 AM
People seem to be getting dumber and more celebrity based, ala the movie Idiocracy...

Wondering if we should institute some test for voting?

You need to answer a few questions on American History? get them wrong, you don't vote this time...

You need to pay into federal taxes. You need skin in the game. That would eliminate 51% of the population right there...

If you think this is wrong, then what would you propose to improve the knowledge of the issues or people in the electorate?

Additionally, I would propose air time for political campaigns be eliminated with the exception of a 30 minute or a 1 hour slot on all channels for each candidate. No commercials, no proxy adverts on an issue. Lots of text based write ups in the media and internet. But no TV or radio.

The only thing I care about here is that you intelligently vote, that's it. Some way, make the election judges non-party based and give them power to do something over political thuggery. Sheriffs Deputy at all poling places or deputize the election judges.

Just opening a conversation...

KantoSooner
7/26/2013, 10:28 AM
Poll taxes and tests have a long and notorious history and have been pretty well completely shot down by SCOTUS. We do limit today in two ways: age and citizenship.
And a number of people seem to believe that presenting proof of even those two qualifiers is too much of a burden. So, I'm not really against your proposal, but good luck with it.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2013, 10:48 AM
Kanto, Hadn't thought of age as a barrier. Citizenship os being blurred and NYC and some place in CA wants non-citizens to vote...

I am mostly interested in what people thought, I realize the history of such things, but then many people in this country are showing they do not have the wherewithal to vote intelligently.

We could go against the SCOTUS just as the current AG seems to want to.

SoonerBBall
7/26/2013, 10:52 AM
The right to vote is a myth. Voting is a privilege extended to you by the state in which you reside.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2013, 10:54 AM
What you say is correct, then why do so many people want to make it a federal priviledge rather than a state one? It is up to the states, yet the fedgov has insinuated themselves into a state artifice.

KantoSooner
7/26/2013, 11:02 AM
It's a state affair....except when it isn't. The Voting Rights Act and miles of SCOTUS rulings have defined a pretty strong federal role. Now, you can disagree with all that but it, a) is the existing state of play and, b) was arrived at by legit means. None of that means the current fed role is either right or will stand forever; just that it isn't prima facie illegit or anything that hasn't been under debate for a looooooong time.

diverdog
7/26/2013, 11:23 AM
I see this as a slippery slope kind of a deal. Where do you stop? Should people who are poor not get to vote? How about those who do not have a college degree? What about someone who does not own property? What we really need is for more people to vote.

On a different subject I saw a good argument that GOP voters get more government benefits than Dems. The reason is most GOP are older and get SS and Medicare. Plus a lot get government retirement benefits. So I think a lot of people vote for their own self interest.

KantoSooner
7/26/2013, 12:49 PM
Agree, Diver, exccept with the 'we need more people to vote' thing. Why? If people are too apathetic to vote, they probably are not informed. If they're too damn disorganized to make it to a poll? I don't want them voting either. Now if you had a chance and didn't, you don't get the right to bitch, but I'm not sure that low turnouts are a necessarily bad thing.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/26/2013, 02:32 PM
Diver, that's why I said "entitlements" - meaning you have done absolutely nothing to warrant what you are getting. These people have no say and should not be allowed to vote, for the various reasons of self-interest. The Repubs which you mentioned and hence alluded that they were getting SS benefits or retirement, they actually have done something. They are getting something for which they paid into. I see as they have earned a voice.

pphilfran
7/26/2013, 05:33 PM
No

SoonerorLater
7/26/2013, 05:36 PM
Yes, proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

pphilfran
7/26/2013, 05:48 PM
Doesn't matter...

Smart or dumb....informed or not....rich or poor...black or white....

Everyone gets a vote...

TAFBSooner
7/26/2013, 06:01 PM
The right to vote is a myth. Voting is a privilege extended to you by the state in which you reside.

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government"

Stipulated the difference between democracy and republic. Does not "a Republican Form of Government" imply that the lowest level of representation shall be chosen by the voters?

Granted SCOTUS eviscerated that right in its installation of Bush the Lesser in 2000, but even then they said their ruling applied only to the case at hand.

SoonerorLater
7/26/2013, 06:11 PM
Doesn't matter...

Smart or dumb....informed or not....rich or poor...black or white....

Everyone gets a vote...

Even her? She SHOULD have a vote?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 07:52 PM
Everyone that is eligible under the current laws should be allowed to vote. The only thing I would add is that in order to vote, you must present ID. I have a very difficult time understanding why anyone would be opposed to this.

diverdog
7/27/2013, 06:20 AM
Diver, that's why I said "entitlements" - meaning you have done absolutely nothing to warrant what you are getting. These people have no say and should not be allowed to vote, for the various reasons of self-interest. The Repubs which you mentioned and hence alluded that they were getting SS benefits or retirement, they actually have done something. They are getting something for which they paid into. I see as they have earned a voice.

HA,

The problem is that none of us have paid enough in taxes to get the benefits we receive from SS and Medicare. Medicare and its sister Medicaid are the million pound gorilla in the room that is going to blow up the budget. Now you could make a very good argument that by cutting HUD, SSI and Welfare we could shore up Medicare. I would not disagree with that. But I think people should realize that the benefits we paid for and receive in retirement at some point become an entitlement because we have not paid enough into the system. They are also the two biggest items in the budget.

diverdog
7/27/2013, 06:21 AM
Everyone that is eligible under the current laws should be allowed to vote. The only thing I would add is that in order to vote, you must present ID. I have a very difficult time understanding why anyone would be opposed to this.

Damn Champs you found something we agree upon. LOL

olevetonahill
7/27/2013, 07:55 AM
HA,

The problem is that none of us have paid enough in taxes to get the benefits we receive from SS and Medicare. Medicare and its sister Medicaid are the million pound gorilla in the room that is going to blow up the budget. Now you could make a very good argument that by cutting HUD, SSI and Welfare we could shore up Medicare. I would not disagree with that. But I think people should realize that the benefits we paid for and receive in retirement at some point become an entitlement because we have not paid enough into the system. They are also the two biggest items in the budget.

You seem to be making the same Mistake so many others do. Medicare HAS nothing to do with Medicaid.
Those receiving Medicare at least Paid into the system . Those receiving Medicaid are the welfare Never worked in their Life folks Much like the SSI folk.

The Feds finally seem to be TRYIN to do something But IN MHO they arent going far enough or Hard enough on those who Perpetrate the Fraud on Medicare.

FaninAma
7/27/2013, 10:52 AM
How about apportioning votes to each citizen according to the amount of federal income taxes they pay similar to voting shares in a publically traded corporation. After you retire your voting share is equal to the average amount of taxes paid over your lifetime. If you are disabled and can't work the same principle applies. other formulas could be adopted for people who have had a disability that kept them from ever working.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/27/2013, 10:55 AM

Do you mean present an ID as proof of who you are, or proof that you are eligible to vote, and at that location?

olevetonahill
7/27/2013, 01:45 PM
Do you mean present an ID as proof of who you are, or proof that you are eligible to vote, and at that location?

How about as Proof of all 3?

TAFBSooner
7/27/2013, 02:30 PM
How about apportioning votes to each citizen according to the amount of federal income taxes they pay similar to voting shares in a publically traded corporation. After you retire your voting share is equal to the average amount of taxes paid over your lifetime. If you are disabled and can't work the same principle applies. other formulas could be adopted for people who have had a disability that kept them from ever working.

One dollar, one vote? Hell, no! We DON'T WANT the government to run like a corporation. In another thread you complain about corporations having outsize influence on the government thru regulatory capture. One dollar-one vote would give the wealthy and their corporations even more control than they have now, which is way too much.

You were fishing, weren't you? :mushroom:

SanJoaquinSooner
7/27/2013, 03:28 PM
How about as Proof of all 3?

No commonly used ID does that.

olevetonahill
7/27/2013, 04:24 PM

Well then alrighty, Its time we get one that does. :surprise:

diverdog
7/27/2013, 04:36 PM
You seem to be making the same Mistake so many others do. Medicare HAS nothing to do with Medicaid.
Those receiving Medicare at least Paid into the system . Those receiving Medicaid are the welfare Never worked in their Life folks Much like the SSI folk.

The Feds finally seem to be TRYIN to do something But IN MHO they arent going far enough or Hard enough on those who Perpetrate the Fraud on Medicare.

Vet,

i understand the difference. The promblem is medical care is eating us alive...so to speak.

FaninAma
7/27/2013, 04:44 PM
One dollar, one vote? Hell, no! We DON'T WANT the government to run like a corporation. In another thread you complain about corporations having outsize influence on the government thru regulatory capture. One dollar-one vote would give the wealthy and their corporations even more control than they have now, which is way too much.

You were fishing, weren't you? :mushroom:
Actually I wasn't. The balance of power would tip to small businessmen and
professionals. Something needs to be done to prevent those without any investment in
paying for the cost of government from voting themselves ever increasing benefits from
the tax payers. The FFs recognize this threat and allowed only property owners
to vote.

Today's political system is akin to allowing your teenagers an equal
say in how there parents spend their income... although I dare say
my kids as teenagers had more common sense regarding financial issues
than 90% of the population that currently votes Democratic.

olevetonahill
7/27/2013, 04:52 PM
Vet,

i understand the difference. The promblem is medical care is eating us alive...so to speak.

You may UNDERSTAND the difference Yet you Make no distinction between the 2.

olevetonahill
7/27/2013, 04:54 PM
professionals. Something needs to be done to prevent those without any investment in
paying for the cost of government from voting themselves ever increasing benefits from
to vote.

my kids as teenagers had more common sense regarding financial

Then all those Hollyweird Libs would get to vote a BUNCH, **** a bunch of that noise.

pphilfran
7/27/2013, 05:28 PM
You may UNDERSTAND the difference Yet you Make no distinction between the 2.

I think you are reading too much into his post....everything he says happens to be true....

There are 5 areas in the budget that are smoking our ***...and each is going to be damn hard to correct...

SS
Medicare
Medicaid
Defense (at least some attempt to lower costs)
Debt servicing

FaninAma
7/27/2013, 07:24 PM
Then all those Hollyweird Libs would get to vote a BUNCH, **** a bunch of that noise.

Depends on how much they pay in taxes. The typical rich, elitist liberal probably has more tax shelters than Al Capone.

yermom
7/27/2013, 08:10 PM
to vote.

my kids as teenagers had more common sense regarding financial issues

so they could own the poor more than they do now?

the whole reason the federal government settled on the Constitution was the populace revolting against the Articles of Confederation

you have to throw a bone to the people with nothing. they aren't going to starve quietly.

of course, the fact of the matter is, none of us probably even know anyone with appreciable proportions under your plan the way wealth is distributed so highly at the top. there would be like 100 people that would own us with even less checks than they have now.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/27/2013, 08:27 PM

Used to be a birth certificate would get you a driver's license once you passed the test. Used to be that a driver's license showed your address which in turn reflects your correct polling place. Used to be when you renewed the tag agent would ask if the information was correct. The birth certificate and current address confirms all three, doesn't it?

Exactly how hard would it be to add, similar to an endorsement, whether the license holder is a legal resident of the state issuing the license, therefore being a legal resident of the United States, therefore being a legal voter at the polling place reflected by the address on the license?

Not too complicated. People resist it for unrelated reasons.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/29/2013, 09:41 AM
Vet,

At least on Medicare, we are agreed....

No local gubments are wanting Obamacare to bail them out...more money on the hook for the 47% of us that pay taxes... What would happen if the 47% went on strike?

FaninAma
7/29/2013, 10:03 AM
so they could own the poor more than they do now?
Who is this "they" you refer to? I think you are under the false impression that the top 0.1% of the super rich would control the vote. That is not true. It would be the top 20% of income earners which would include many small businessmen and professionals like doctors and engineers and other engaged individuals.

the whole reason the federal government settled on the Constitution was the populace revolting against the Articles of Confederation I have never read anything about the population revolting against the AoC. If anything more people were worried about the stronger central government called for by the Constitution.

you have to throw a bone to the people with nothing. they aren't going to starve quietly. Aside from Lincoln's assault on the South and the subsequent economic annihilation, I am unaware of any periods of wide-spread starvation in this country.

of course, the fact of the matter is, none of us probably even know anyone with appreciable proportions under your plan the way wealth is distributed so highly at the top. there would be like 100 people that would own us with even less checks than they have now. I know one thing for sure it would be controlled by a more educated, informed group.

Curly Bill
7/29/2013, 10:49 AM
Who is this "they" you refer to? I think you are under the false impression that the top 0.1% of the super rich would control the vote. That is not true. It would be the top 20% of income earners which would include many small businessmen and professionals like doctors and engineers and other engaged individuals.

I have never read anything about the population revolting against the AoC. If anything more people were worried about the stronger central government called for by the Constitution.

Aside from Lincoln's assault on the South and the subsequent economic annihilation, I am unaware of any periods of wide-spread starvation in this country.

I know one thing for sure it would be controlled by a more educated, informed group.

Exactly! Saying the population revolted against the Articles of Confederation is one of the most clueless things I've ever seen on here, and well...that's saying a lot!

jkjsooner
7/29/2013, 01:49 PM

Speaking about what and ID can't do, according to the law you should not be able to go through airport security with most state issued driver's licenses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act#State_adoption_and_non-compliance

yermom
7/29/2013, 02:17 PM
Exactly! Saying the population revolted against the Articles of Confederation is one of the most clueless things I've ever seen on here, and well...that's saying a lot!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shays%27_Rebellion

one of the issues at the time was deflation. people would borrow money, then lose their farms at the end of the season because their crops wouldn't sell for enough to pay back their loans

KantoSooner
7/29/2013, 02:20 PM
and the ratio of those involved in 'Shay's Rebellion' to the overall population of the USofA was....?

It was more of a street riot gotten out of hand than representative of any sizeable portion of the population.

yermom
7/29/2013, 02:22 PM
yet it influenced the writing of the Constitution

jkjsooner
7/29/2013, 02:39 PM
What would happen if the 47% went on strike?

I bet your standard of living would go down pretty drastically. Don't think you would want to go there. I wouldn't. I prefer having a job and not having my retirement savings obliterated.

yermom
7/29/2013, 02:41 PM
what are they going to do, stop cashing govt. checks?

BermudaSooner
7/30/2013, 12:02 PM

I bring this one up quite often..and various variations on it. Maybe 1 vote to everyone, a second vote to those paying some reasonable amount of tax ($10,000?) and a 3rd vote to those paying a substantial amount of tax ($100,000 or more?).

Said another way, why do I not get a louder voice in determining where my tax dollars go than the bum on the street who pays nothing?

Consider a small country with a population of 10. One very hard working guy owns all of the land, and the 9 others all work in some capaicty for him. If we have a government where everyone has 1 vote, how long before this theoretical country canabalizes itself? How long before the hard working guys says "**** it" as well, and nobody is able to produce enough for the people to eat?

FaninAma
7/30/2013, 01:11 PM
Bermuda, I would also give more voting shares to those who served in the military.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/30/2013, 02:27 PM
Anyone who receives a regular check from the federal govt., or an agency thereof, should be ineligible to vote.

SS, govt. employment, govt. pensions, welfare, food stamps or any "benefits", etc.

diverdog
7/30/2013, 05:16 PM
Anyone who receives a regular check from the federal govt., or an agency thereof, should be ineligible to vote.

SS, govt. employment, govt. pensions, welfare, food stamps or any "benefits", etc.

Including the soldiers who guarantee your right to freedom? I think we might have something to say about that.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/30/2013, 05:18 PM
Welcome to Moonbatsville, population Rush.

pphilfran
7/30/2013, 05:29 PM
I say only hawt people should be able to vote...

diverdog
7/30/2013, 07:49 PM
Welcome to Moonbatsville, population Rush.

Rush should not be allowed to vote. He is one of the most misinformed people I have ever seen anywhere. He is the kind of lemming the Nazi's would love. Propaganda is his church.

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 08:54 PM

That you are who you say you are. Although, confirming that you are voting at the correct location isn't a bad idea either. Nor is being eligible.

8timechamps
7/30/2013, 08:59 PM
I say only hawt people should be able to vote...

Let me know what you guys want me to vote on, and I'll make sure to think about it when I'm voting.

Tulsa_Fireman
7/30/2013, 11:40 PM
I voted for Billy Joe Clegg.

You should, too.

TAFBSooner
7/31/2013, 12:52 PM
Rush should not be allowed to vote. He is one of the most misinformed people I have ever seen anywhere. He is the kind of lemming the Nazi's would love. Propaganda is his church.

I support Rush's right to vote.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/31/2013, 01:15 PM

Well your leftist Hollywood friends has already done that... You accuse Rush of helping the Nazi's (when he never would) when leftist Hollywood has done it and capitulated to them in the name of a buck... Pot - Black!

pphilfran
7/31/2013, 03:21 PM
Let me know what you guys want me to vote on, and I'll make sure to think about it when I'm voting.

Ha Ha

7/31/2013, 03:33 PM
Well your leftist Hollywood friends has already done that... You accuse Rush of helping the Nazi's (when he never would) when leftist Hollywood has done it and capitulated to them in the name of a buck... Pot - Black!a constant thing, reliable, is that the Left can be counted on to accuse Conservatives of the unconscionable, unthinkable crap that the Left actually does,and does regularly.

yermom
7/31/2013, 03:35 PM
you mean like wanting to limit anyone cashing a check from the government from voting? do you even read the stuff you post?

7/31/2013, 03:38 PM
you mean like wanting to limit anyone cashing a check from the government from voting? do you even read the stuff you post?I said those receiving regular govt. checks shouldn't be allowed to vote.

the reason should be obvious to you.

yermom
7/31/2013, 03:44 PM
like retirees, people in military, government employees?

does that include local governments too?

7/31/2013, 03:44 PM
like retirees, people in military, government employees?

does that include local governments too?of course.

FaninAma
7/31/2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah, like there aren't tens of millions on the left who fit that description. In fact the lemming should replace the donkey as the symbol of the Democrat party.

TAFBSooner
7/31/2013, 04:48 PM
I said those receiving regular govt. checks shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I work for the government, and I pay taxes. So Fan would let me vote, but Rush wouldn't. Hmmm.

the reason should be obvious to you.

The reason is not perfectly obvious, but is probably along the lines of "those receiving a benefit from the government shouldn't be allowed a voice in deciding whether the government should be giving that benefit, or how much it should be." So, if you regularly drive on the interstate, take Amtrak, or fly, you can't vote. If you live in the part of the country that's never been invaded, you can't vote. Etc. Why is drawing a paycheck different than receving the other benefits we get from government? (No, I'm not saying that benefits are "all" that we get from government - pay 'tenshun!)

What about people that earned Social Security benefits while working in the private sector? Do they lose their right to vote when they start drawing SS retirement?

There are less-poorly-thought-out ways of expressing your hatred for government.

FaninAma
7/31/2013, 05:09 PM
I would also include federal excise taxes, federal gasoline taxes, medicare and social security takes in calculation of votes. Very few if any would be disenfranchised. I simply would give more votes to those who pay more in federal taxes.

7/31/2013, 05:16 PM
The regular govt. check prohibition from voting would improve govt. immensely, and shed some of the waste, i would expect.

pphilfran
7/31/2013, 05:47 PM
I would also include federal excise taxes, federal gasoline taxes, medicare and social security takes in calculation of votes. Very few if any would be disenfranchised. I simply would give more votes to those who pay more in federal taxes.
JFC...just what we need...more complicated bull chit that is just asking for mistakes and added costs...not to mention lawsuits...

diverdog
7/31/2013, 09:12 PM
Well your leftist Hollywood friends has already done that... You accuse Rush of helping the Nazi's (when he never would) when leftist Hollywood has done it and capitulated to them in the name of a buck... Pot - Black!

I am talking clone not the real Rush. My guess is that if Limbaugh told clone it was a good idea to jump off a cliff he would do it. And show me anywhere I said either one supports the Nazi's or where I even called them Nazis.

BTW there are a ton of movie stars who have served in war time and I have no friends in Hollywood. The people I most admire are adventure seekers....outdoorsman, explorers, etc.

olevetonahill
7/31/2013, 09:35 PM
I am talking clone not the real Rush. My guess is that if Limbaugh told clone it was a good idea to jump off a cliff he would do it.

BTW there are a ton of movie stars who have served in war time.

Name em?

Now as far as Limiting Voting rights? hell No. next thing ya know Ya go to messing with things and well hell we dont Need this right for everyone so Lets Limit it
**** a bunch of that noise .

diverdog
7/31/2013, 09:57 PM
Name em?

Now as far as Limiting Voting rights? hell No. next thing ya know Ya go to messing with things and well hell we dont Need this right for everyone so Lets Limit it
**** a bunch of that noise .

Seriously?

Alan Alda
Ronald Reagan
Clint Eastwood
Gene Hackman
Bogart
Ice T
Bill Cosby
Jimmy Stewart
MC Hammer
Elvis
Drew Carey
Sinbad
Jesse Ventura
Rob Riggle
Chuck Norris
Lee Marvin
Oliver Stone
Douglas Fairbanks
Jack Webb
Audy Murphy

There are dozens who served. Most are older. Only a couple from recent wars. Some served in combat

BTW I think everyone should vote. In RLIMC's world he would not allow you to vote.

olevetonahill
7/31/2013, 10:08 PM
Seriously?

Alan Alda ( Oh He was a WAR hero By playing Hawkeye in Mash?)
Ronald Reagan(Dead)
Clint Eastwood
Gene Hackman
Bogart
Ice T
Bill Cosby
Jimmy Stewart
MC Hammer
Elvis
Drew Carey
Sinbad
Jesse Ventura
Rob Riggle
Chuck Norris
Lee Marvin
Oliver Stone
Douglas Fairbanks
Jack Webb
Audy Murphy

There are dozens who served. Most are older. Only a couple from recent wars. Some served in combat

BTW I think everyone should vote. In RLIMC's world he would not allow you to vote.

Oh so you meant Going way back to the Civil war. I thot you meant Actors who were running their Mouths Today , Well you see how this Is going. Your list is either WRONG or most of em DEAD

diverdog
7/31/2013, 10:30 PM
Oh so you meant Going way back to the Civil war. I thot you meant Actors who were running their Mouths Today , Well you see how this Is going. Your list is either WRONG or most of em DEAD

Alda served in the Army for 18 months. 1 year active at Benning and 6 mo reserves.

All of those guys served. I believe 5 of the last seven on my list served in combat. Riggle from SNL is a Marine Reserve Officer.

you have been real cranky lately. What's up? I am thinking you need to get laid.

olevetonahill
7/31/2013, 10:35 PM
Alda served in the Army for 18 months. 1 year active at Benning and 6 mo reserves.

All of those guys served. I believe 5 of the last seven on my list served in combat. Riggle from SNL is a Marine Reserve Officer.

you have been real cranky lately. What's up? I am thinking you need to get laid.

Eastwood got Drafted and served as a Life guard at Fort Ord, Most action He saw was when He had to swim 3 miles cause his plane he was in ran out of gas.

And YOU said STARS hell I dont even know who 1/2 of those are.

As to why Im Cranky? My toy aint come back yet.

olevetonahill
7/31/2013, 10:40 PM

Ok just did some More Diggin He served 6 Months active in the Reserves Never served in War time and went AWOL every weekend
next hero

diverdog
7/31/2013, 10:50 PM
Ok just did some More Diggin He served 6 Months active in the Reserves Never served in War time and went AWOL every weekend
next hero

Reread my post. I did not claim all of them served in war time. Audie Murphy was a soldier who became an actor. He received the MOH. Lee Marvin and Oliver Stone were both wounded in action.

i have to go to bed.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/1/2013, 09:29 AM
I am talking clone not the real Rush. My guess is that if Limbaugh told clone it was a good idea to jump off a cliff he would do it. And show me anywhere I said either one supports the Nazi's or where I even called them Nazis.

BTW there are a ton of movie stars who have served in war time and I have no friends in Hollywood. The people I most admire are adventure seekers....outdoorsman, explorers, etc.

My bad on that... That story of how Hollywood capitulated to the Nazi's is disgusting... The power moguls of HW would cut off their nose to sell a movie...I hate them and hope the industry fails. I have not paid to see a movie in 10 years, don't expect to ever do that again. Bunch of Leftist in that industry (with few conservatives mixed in) and I have no desire to give them my money...

diverdog
8/1/2013, 10:20 AM
My bad on that... That story of how Hollywood capitulated to the Nazi's is disgusting... The power moguls of HW would cut off their nose to sell a movie...I hate them and hope the industry fails. I have not paid to see a movie in 10 years, don't expect to ever do that again. Bunch of Leftist in that industry (with few conservatives mixed in) and I have no desire to give them my money...

Hollywood is a mixed bag. I think there are far more conservatives than is known. Most are affraid to speak out. I like the guys like Heston, Selleck, Sinise, Reagan, Norris and Janine Turner.

The problem with boycotting Hollywood is that they keep lots of people employed. The film industry for better or worse is something this nation is really great at. Why people pay attention to celeberties is beyond me. Most of them are talented airheads. There are some of them who really do a lot of great charity work. I tend to look at the entire body of work of a person before judging them.

As far as the Nazi's I think that goes back to the days when Hollywood was anti-semetic and if you were Jewish you hid it.

I should have never brought up the word Nazi. My bad.