PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the headlines write themselves

Skysooner
7/25/2013, 08:13 PM
I'm not exactly sure what to say to this story except it feels like it was inevitable.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/25/19667078-hikers-are-rescued-then-drive-to-their-deaths-in-atlantic-ocean-off-maine?lite

ouwasp
7/25/2013, 08:27 PM
Bizarre. I feel badly for their families. And the dog... the poor mutt had no choice in anything.

Lott's Bandana
7/26/2013, 07:45 AM
Failure to Launch

How the hell did those women even find Maine?
Why didn't they open the door?

I'm confused. Poor dog.

stoopified
7/26/2013, 07:24 PM
Damn

KantoSooner
7/29/2013, 10:59 AM
This is the reason we should have 'Adulthood Licenses'. Don't pass the test? Go to the supervised living facility for life.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/29/2013, 12:27 PM

I'm confused. Poor dog.

I feel for the dog... Poor dog...

8timechamps
7/29/2013, 03:25 PM
Natural Selection

Skysooner
7/29/2013, 04:32 PM
Failure to Launch

How the hell did those women even find Maine?

I'm confused. Poor dog.

I wondered the same thing about the door. Told my wife this was a Darwin Award candidate.

C&CDean
7/29/2013, 04:37 PM
OK. I'm bad. I laughed. Out loud.

olevetonahill
7/29/2013, 05:14 PM
I can usually find sick humor in most anything, But Im missing it here, One of the women was 5 months pregnant. they had Both just came thru an ordeal(At least for them), Prolly relieved to have been rescued . Then after driving into the water that they had no way of knowing was even there this is stated in the article

Smith said it's possible the van's electric windows and automatic door locks stopped working once the minivan was submerged.

That would preclude them from being able to open a door at least just by grabbing the handle then what about the O/S water pressure pushing against the door?
Very sad deal and only proves one thing . When its yer time Yer going one way or the other.

C&CDean
7/29/2013, 05:42 PM
You have to laugh Howie.

You get rescued, then you immediately drive into the ****ing ocean? Nobody else drove into the ocean that rainy, stormy night. Did they celebrate their rescue too hard and get all ****ed up? How the hell do you just drive down the boat ramp/pier on into the ocean?

I do feel for the dog and the unborn baby, but most of the filthy libs around here just think it was a clump of sub-human cells anyhow. The hound will be getting prayer vigils from them. I mean if they prayed it would.

8timechamps
7/29/2013, 05:57 PM
You have to laugh Howie.

You get rescued, then you immediately drive into the ****ing ocean? Nobody else drove into the ocean that rainy, stormy night. Did they celebrate their rescue too hard and get all ****ed up? How the hell do you just drive down the boat ramp/pier on into the ocean?

I do feel for the dog and the unborn baby, but most of the filthy libs around here just think it was a clump of sub-human cells anyhow. The hound will be getting prayer vigils from them. I mean if they prayed it would.

Exactly. People die everyday, this one just happens to be in the "you can't make this stuff up" category.

olevetonahill
7/29/2013, 06:14 PM
You have to laugh Howie.

I agree folk die all the time But it aint like they were the 1st ones to ever drive off that thing. Plus it was rainin and **** and they were prolly all keyed up not Payin tention.
**** happens but I sint gonna Laugh at this deal.

C&CDean
7/29/2013, 08:09 PM
I agree folk die all the time But it aint like they were the 1st ones to ever drive off that thing. Plus it was rainin and **** and they were prolly all keyed up not Payin tention.
**** happens but I sint gonna Laugh at this deal.

OK. I'll do the laughing, you do the other stuff.

diverdog
7/29/2013, 09:36 PM
I am going to be in Machias Maine next week where one of the girls is from. It is a very small town and I am sure this is tough news.

i have also hiked the park where the got lost.

olevetonahill
7/29/2013, 11:53 PM
OK. I'll do the laughing, you do the other stuff.

Kinda ****in hard to believe , Me taking the High ground on sompun. Oh well had to happen some time.
Maybe Ill take some shots of OVJ an LOL tomorrow :saturn: