PDA

View Full Version : Stoops gets extension through 2020

Salt City Sooner
7/25/2013, 05:32 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072513aab.html

SoonerObsession
7/25/2013, 07:22 PM
Glad he has made a commitment to 7 more years! We are lucky to have him!

Scott D
7/25/2013, 08:48 PM
anyone get basel90s opinion on this yet?

olevetonahill
7/25/2013, 08:53 PM

Dayum Im a waiting till I see which way hes going before I say sompun. He Grad, from OU and donates moren all of us.

nighttrain12
7/25/2013, 11:14 PM
Congrats, hopefully now he'll have enough money to buy a better home security system.

basel90
7/25/2013, 11:45 PM

There's already 6 SEC teams better than OU as of last year..Alabama, A&M, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Lsu. Yes we'd have been the 7th best team in the Sec last year. It's ok though because Bob was a great coach 5 yrs ago. Schnellinberger and Mack brown have the same number of MNC as stoops.

Curly Bill
7/25/2013, 11:49 PM
I may not be as opposed to this as basel90 appears to be, but consider me pretty underwhelmed by the news.

basel90
7/26/2013, 05:30 AM
I may not be as opposed to this as basel90 appears to be, but consider me pretty underwhelmed by the news.

I still think stoops is a top 10 coach nationally. Probably best in big 12.

PrideMom
7/26/2013, 08:46 AM
I hope Huepel doesn't get discouraged.

badger
7/26/2013, 09:06 AM
I know qualifiers make you sound like an arsehole, but here goes...

Forgive me if I sound unappreciative, BUT...

Not that I don't think Bob Stoops is a great coach and all, BUT...

It is great to have program stability with the same head coach here for more than a decade, BUT...

I think the deciders have confused regular season wins with championship wins, either of the conference (not the co-conference) or national variety.

Forgive me.

SoonerBBall
7/26/2013, 10:58 AM
I know qualifiers make you sound like an arsehole, but here goes...

Forgive me if I sound unappreciative, BUT...

Not that I don't think Bob Stoops is a great coach and all, BUT...

It is great to have program stability with the same head coach here for more than a decade, BUT...

I think the deciders have confused regular season wins with championship wins, either of the conference (not the co-conference) or national variety.

Forgive me.

Sounds like a pretty spoiled outlook on the whole situation. Who are we going to get that delivers more success than Bob?

badger
7/26/2013, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a pretty spoiled outlook on the whole situation. Who are we going to get that delivers more success than Bob?

Forgive me again, but I never said Stoops wasn't good enough for me personally. I'm satisfied with the results on the field. I don't expect Stoops to ever win a national title again so long as things continue to run the course and nothing changes (SEC dominance et al).

Your little part about "Who are we going to get that delivers more success than Bob?" I disagree with, however. Ohio State fired Tressell and got Urban Meyer. Bammer fired Shula and got Saban. Should OU expect any less if Stoops leaves/retires/etc?

olevetonahill
7/26/2013, 12:11 PM
Forgive me again, but I never said Stoops wasn't good enough for me personally. I'm satisfied with the results on the field. I don't expect Stoops to ever win a national title again so long as things continue to run the course and nothing changes (SEC dominance et al).

Your little part about "Who are we going to get that delivers more success than Bob?" I disagree with, however. Ohio State fired Tressell and got Urban Meyer. Bammer fired Shula and got Saban. Should OU expect any less if Stoops leaves/retires/etc?

Urban aint turnin out to be No Cracker Jack prize

badger
7/26/2013, 12:52 PM

Q: How can you win every game but still win nothing?

Ohio State: **** you

cvsooner
7/26/2013, 12:55 PM
Considering two of the MNC losses now look to be against teams using illegal players (USC) or felons who should have been jailed (Fla), Stoops is looking pretty good. What price success?

SoonerBBall
7/26/2013, 01:25 PM

Bama sold its soul for wins, which I prefer my alma mater not to do. Ohio State is a more attractive coaching job than OU at this point in time and Urban Meyer was an Ohio State guy already, which is how they got him. Tell me what OU guy is out there of Bob's caliber or better that we could get to come take over.

It is entirely naive to imagine that OU could just go out and hire someone that would be better immediately better than Bob, and still pretty naive to imagine that anyone we hire subsequently will have his success. Like it or not, Bob was a long shot that paid off huge. I don't think it is impossible to pull off the same feat again, but expecting it is ridiculous.

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 04:01 PM
Bama sold its soul for wins, which I prefer my alma mater not to do. Ohio State is a more attractive coaching job than OU at this point in time and Urban Meyer was an Ohio State guy already, which is how they got him. Tell me what OU guy is out there of Bob's caliber or better that we could get to come take over.

It is entirely naive to imagine that OU could just go out and hire someone that would be better immediately better than Bob, and still pretty naive to imagine that anyone we hire subsequently will have his success. Like it or not, Bob was a long shot that paid off huge. I don't think it is impossible to pull off the same feat again, but expecting it is ridiculous.

+1

rock on sooner
7/26/2013, 04:11 PM

Not that they are experts, but the Big 10 coaches all think he is.....

olevetonahill
7/26/2013, 04:22 PM
Q: How can you win every game but still win nothing?

Ohio State: **** you

Tressels Players. Plus hes painting himself in a corner with his Big Mouth.

olevetonahill
7/26/2013, 04:26 PM

Here ya go

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--urban-meyer-buckeye-arrests-bar-fights-200448285.html

Scott D
7/26/2013, 10:10 PM

most big 10 coaches think he's the prize at the bottom of a toilet bowl.