PDA

View Full Version : What a burger!!!!

SanJoaquinSooner
7/25/2013, 09:00 AM
The report, based on information from credit and debit card data, shows residents of Oklahoma spent the most per month on fast food compared with all other states, shelling out more than $101 on average in May.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100911169

Mjcpr
7/25/2013, 09:26 AM
We're #1!

Boomer.....
7/25/2013, 09:27 AM
'Merica!

stoops the eternal pimp
7/25/2013, 09:31 AM
You are welcome for my contribution.

oudanny
7/25/2013, 10:40 AM
Maybe we just use debit/credit cards to pay for fast food more than other states.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/25/2013, 11:11 AM
Maybe we just use debit/credit cards to pay for fast food more than other states.

We'll have to ask Okie52 to investigate the number of customers who pay cash at Edmond's Taco Bell.

C&CDean
7/25/2013, 11:23 AM
While we're on the topic, Whataburger is the best FF burger out there, followed by Wendy's, Carl/Hardees, Burger King, with McD's sucking serious hind tit.

Dairy Queen is OK, and there's not enough In n Outs to include them in the list of FF joints. 5 guys? Meh.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/25/2013, 11:28 AM
While we're on the topic, Whataburger is the best FF burger out there, followed by Wendy's, Carl/Hardees, Burger King, with McD's sucking serious hind tit.

Dairy Queen is OK, and there's not enough In n Outs to include them in the list of FF joints. 5 guys? Meh.

I haven't seen Whataburger in Calif, but I agree they are better than most other FF places.

I guess they aren't around anymore, but I thought Beverly's (chicken in the rough) in OKC had great giant hamburgers. I guess that's not fast food.

Boomer.....
7/25/2013, 11:29 AM
No way Wendy's is that high! Also, Braum's has to be near the top.

KantoSooner
7/25/2013, 11:30 AM
This is an excellent time to examine a phrase just used. "Sucking hind tit". It's always been something of a conundrum to me since it ia typically used to imply that something or someone was losing, was being given a bad time or was otherwise in a negative situation. In the animal world, however, sucking hind tit is exactly where you want to be: it's warmer and the milk supply is generally better in the hindmost tits. Larger, more dominant offspring in animals who bear more than one young at a time will preferentially compete for the hind tits.

So the actuality is 180 degrees removed from the usage.

So, how did we get here? Anyone know?

These are the things that occupy my mind. I like to ramble around in there. More damn fun than TWO barrels of monkeys.

KantoSooner
7/25/2013, 11:32 AM
No way Wendy's is that high! Also, Braum's has to be near the top.

With the obvious caveat that Braums, bless their hearts, can not bake a bun to save their lives. Instead they insist on putting great ingredients inside a mean, mealy textured bread-like thingie that falls to pieces upon contact with meat and/or vegetable juices.

C&CDean
7/25/2013, 11:46 AM
With the obvious caveat that Braums, bless their hearts, can not bake a bun to save their lives. Instead they insist on putting great ingredients inside a mean, mealy textured bread-like thingie that falls to pieces upon contact with meat and/or vegetable juices.

It's a damn good thing I throw the bread away when I get a burger cause you're spot on here.

achiro
7/25/2013, 11:51 AM
Freddie's Custard makes a pretty dang good burger and their fries are hard to beat.

sooner_born_1960
7/25/2013, 12:03 PM
This is an excellent time to examine a phrase just used. "Sucking hind tit". It's always been something of a conundrum to me since it ia typically used to imply that something or someone was losing, was being given a bad time or was otherwise in a negative situation. In the animal world, however, sucking hind tit is exactly where you want to be: it's warmer and the milk supply is generally better in the hindmost tits. Larger, more dominant offspring in animals who bear more than one young at a time will preferentially compete for the hind tits.

So the actuality is 180 degrees removed from the usage.

So, how did we get here? Anyone know?

These are the things that occupy my mind. I like to ramble around in there. More damn fun than TWO barrels of monkeys.
I can find no confirmation of this.

C&CDean
7/25/2013, 02:02 PM
I can find no confirmation of this.

He got you to look though.

sooner_born_1960
7/25/2013, 02:03 PM
Doesn't take much to get me to look for tits. Hind or otherwise.

soonerchk
7/25/2013, 02:12 PM
I think it should be noted that many people in Oklahoma had no kitchens in May due to tornadoes, so these results are probably misleading.

Give the prize to Mississippi and their fat assedness.

KantoSooner
7/25/2013, 02:14 PM
My source on the hind tit thing is my vet. Not Olevet, but an actual animal doctor.

olevetonahill
7/25/2013, 02:17 PM
My source on the hind tit thing is my vet. Not Olevet, but an actual animal doctor.

I once did a drunken study with my Dog who was nursing, The "Hind Tit" Does in fact give forth LESS milk.

Mongo
7/25/2013, 02:23 PM

have you seen the fat bitches in this state? sunshine pumper

KantoSooner
7/25/2013, 02:34 PM
I once did a drunken study with my Dog who was nursing, The "Hind Tit" Does in fact give forth LESS milk.

I think it best that we get no further into the status of your research.

stoopified
7/25/2013, 02:35 PM
I once did a drunken study with my Dog who was nursing, The "Hind Tit" Does in fact give forth LESS milk.TMI bro :)

Mixer!
7/25/2013, 03:15 PM

Your failure to mention Sonic makes me question your review. Please.

KantoSooner
7/25/2013, 03:26 PM
Sonic is dead to me.

Although they make the iconic cherry limeade slushie, for which many sins could be forgiven (take a couple of them babies home, spike with frozen vodka and commence in the cartoon watchin'. Not that I've ever done this, of course), they once made the finest onion rings this side of hand cut, double batter dipped things available only at Catfish Bill's on the good side of the Red River South of Duncan.

Then THEY CHANGED THEM. Now they are hideous formed monstrousities made of chopped formed onion slurry with a breadiing that tastes of vanilla and leaves a cloying chemical sweetness lingering in the nostrils. Anathema!

This was an act of such profound evil that I can not go there again.

olevetonahill
7/25/2013, 03:53 PM
have you seen the fat bitches in this state? sunshine pumper

I thot they were all Fat cause YOU knocked em all up.

olevetonahill
7/25/2013, 03:54 PM

TMI bro :)

Well I did say I were Drunk dint I?

C&CDean
7/25/2013, 05:07 PM
I think it should be noted that many people in Oklahoma had no kitchens in May due to tornadoes, so these results are probably misleading.

Give the prize to Mississippi and their fat assedness.

Fat stats skewed by tornadahs!!1!

On a sidenote, I hate mother****ers who pay for $2 **** with a card. Hate em'. Makes me want to punch them in their taint. Who the hell leaves home without at least a $20 spot in their pocket? Plastic is for making airline/hotel reservations and buying big-ticket items or dinner for 4, not for buying a pack of gum. Unless you're a loser.

sanantoniosooner
7/25/2013, 05:20 PM
People with kids don't have $20 because their kids take their cash all the time.

I've taken to stashing quarters in my truck because nobody asks for them.

C&CDean
7/25/2013, 05:31 PM
People with kids don't have $20 because their kids take their cash all the time.

I've taken to stashing quarters in my truck because nobody asks for them.

Wha? I have 5 kids and 7 grandkids. If any of them took my cash I'd break their ****ing arm. Hell, they've already spent me damn near to the poor house. They ain't getting my jack, yo.

BigTip
7/25/2013, 08:30 PM
This is an excellent time to examine a phrase just used. "Sucking hind tit".

While you research the etymology of this, look up why "F..k you" is said in anger. I've always wondered why wishing this act on someone is meant to be a bad thing. It's like "Enrich you!" "Satiate you!" "Please you!"

ouwasp
7/25/2013, 09:02 PM
"Suck a hind tit" has been a disparaging sentiment used by my family for several generations. Wife prefers to use the less coarse "suck a hind teat", but that's just her.

I never considered milk production, or lack thereof, to be the issue. It's all about location. The proximity of the hind tit is near the anus, thus making it much less desirable.

On a related subject, I saw someone had created an image where Texas was the sow, and the rest of the Big XII were the piglets. OU had a prominent front tit location. Poor Kansas was unplugged and wandering aimlessly. And, yes, OSU was enjoying the hind tit.

FirstandGoal
7/25/2013, 09:13 PM
How the hell are we on page 2 of this thread and nobody has mentioned Johnnie's?

soonerboomer93
7/25/2013, 09:29 PM

5 guys had some pretty tasty fries with that seasoning they use, the burgers weren't spectacular, especially for the price.

Lott's Bandana
7/26/2013, 07:41 AM
I always thought hind tit was a youfumizum for a tallywacker.

Shows you what I know.

sanantoniosooner
7/26/2013, 08:29 AM
Wha? I have 5 kids and 7 grandkids. If any of them took my cash I'd break their ****ing arm. Hell, they've already spent me damn near to the poor house. They ain't getting my jack, yo.

By "take" I thought I was clearly implying "required" for those unlimited school/life/recreational expenditures.

C&CDean
7/26/2013, 08:55 AM
By "take" I thought I was clearly implying "required" for those unlimited school/life/recreational expenditures.

Ah. Same page. We're on it.

KantoSooner
7/26/2013, 08:57 AM
Well I did say I were Drunk dint I?

Well, yes. But I didn't think that meant Dylan Thomas drunk.

olevetonahill
7/26/2013, 09:21 AM

Well, yes. But I didn't think that meant Dylan Thomas drunk.

I aint had a " Black out Drunk" in a lot of years, How some evere there are a few I wish I would have blacked out on, The Memories still haunt me.

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 04:20 PM

Agreed. When we first got 5 guys in the Denver area, all I heard was how awesome it was. I wasn't as impressed as others.

I'll take a Braums burger over just about any burger out there.

Mjcpr
7/26/2013, 04:22 PM
I'll take a Braums burger over just about any burger out there.

They are good and so are their fries.

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 04:23 PM
How the hell are we on page 2 of this thread and nobody has mentioned Johnnie's?

Good question. I put Johnnies in a separate category since 1)I can only have a Johnnies burger when I'm in OKC, and 2)that is very rare.

C&CDean
7/26/2013, 04:33 PM
Good question. I put Johnnies in a separate category since 1)I can only have a Johnnies burger when I'm in OKC, and 2)that is very rare.

3) And they suck.

yermom
7/26/2013, 05:11 PM
the answer you are looking for is Burger Street

i've never really thought Braum's or Sonic were really anything special. Whataburger is better.

and they should have spicy ketchup all the time. what is up with that?

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 07:44 PM
3) And they suck.

You think? I haven't had Johnnies in a loooong time, so it's possible it is one of those things I remember as a kid (that turns out not to be as good). OR, your tastebuds have slowly died over time, due to eating really ****ty food on the road.

Also, I'll add that I can eat Smash Burger just about anytime. Pretty good burger.

Breadburner
7/26/2013, 08:06 PM
Goldies Bitches......>!!!!!!!!!

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 08:49 PM
Goldies Bitches......>!!!!!!!!!

I'll be at the pickle bar.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
7/27/2013, 07:16 AM
Used to be an old place in Tulsa on Riverside called Claude's! Awesome!

And another place in Tulsa called Hank's Hamburgers. Also good.

On a sidebar, are there still Bill and Ruth's Sub Shops in Tulsa? I used to love those places.

FirstandGoal
7/27/2013, 08:44 AM
You think? I haven't had Johnnies in a loooong time, so it's possible it is one of those things I remember as a kid (that turns out not to be as good). OR, your tastebuds have slowly died over time, due to eating really ****ty food on the road.

Also, I'll add that I can eat Smash Burger just about anytime. Pretty good burger.

I'm going with option #2. I'm fairly picky when it comes to burgers (as I rarely eat them so when I do I want it to be good) and I still would choose Johnnie's a lot of days. Oh, and their onion rings are freaking awesome so there's that added bonus.

Never had Smash Burger

soonerboomer93
7/27/2013, 09:40 AM
the answer you are looking for is Burger Street

i've never really thought Braum's or Sonic were really anything special. Whataburger is better.

and they should have spicy ketchup all the time. what is up with that?

They do now, as least I saw a sign saying it was staying around permanently. They also sell the mustard, ketchup, and spicy ketchup at HEB grocery stores. I'm not a big fan of their normal ketchup, but have a bottle of the spicy in the fridge.

http://www.heb.com/page/about-us/company/pressroom/whataburger-condiments

olevetonahill
7/27/2013, 09:43 AM

I Cant remember the LAST time I ever bot a Burger from any FF or even a restaurant

yermom
7/27/2013, 09:48 AM
They do now, as least I saw a sign saying it was staying around permanently. They also sell the mustard, ketchup, and spicy ketchup at HEB grocery stores. I'm not a big fan of their normal ketchup, but have a bottle of the spicy in the fridge.

yeah, i guess it's only regional. at least the price has dropped on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/whataburger-20-OZ-Spicy-ketchup-/171085275292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d57a209c

Mixer!
7/27/2013, 03:29 PM
I always thought Ron's had a pretty decent burger, ditto Freddie's Frozen Custard. The Lenox drive-in here in Enid makes me not miss Whataburger so much. I do miss the spicy ketchup though.

KantoSooner
7/29/2013, 09:20 AM
Used to be an old place in Tulsa on Riverside called Claude's! Awesome!

And another place in Tulsa called Hank's Hamburgers. Also good.

On a sidebar, are there still Bill and Ruth's Sub Shops in Tulsa? I used to love those places.

Yes, I don't know and I think so.

soonerboomer93
8/3/2013, 01:44 PM
Apparently you can order the ketchup on whataburger.com

SanJoaquinSooner
8/3/2013, 03:46 PM
I Cant remember the LAST time I ever bot a Burger from any FF or even a restaurant

is there any place that sells a burger in your neck of the woods?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
8/3/2013, 03:48 PM
I live in Texas and the HEB's carry the Whataburger ketchup and mustard now.

colleyvillesooner
8/4/2013, 09:22 AM

yeah, i guess it's only regional. at least the price has dropped on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/whataburger-20-OZ-Spicy-ketchup-/171085275292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d57a209c

They sell it online.

http://shop.whataburger.com/Products#!/GROCERIES