PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been in Devon Tower yet?

stoopified
7/22/2013, 11:43 AM
I watched the special on tv about the Devon Tower,but have yet to actually go there.Also curious if anyone here has eaten at Vast atop the Tower. When I googled their menu,I see food I'm not really fond of. I do find it hard to believe that the handful of entrees I saw was all that was availible.Can you not get a burger or chicken fry? I guess I am too redneck for the menu items I have seen.

olevetonahill
7/22/2013, 11:55 AM
I dont have a ****in clue what you are talking about.

Phil
7/22/2013, 12:13 PM
I watched the special on tv about the Devon Tower,but have yet to actually go there.Also curious if anyone here has eaten at Vast atop the Tower. When I googled their menu,I see food I'm not really fond of. I do find it hard to believe that the handful of entrees I saw was all that was availible.Can you not get a burger or chicken fry? I guess I am too redneck for the menu items I have seen.

Yeah, I've been in there. Foggy night and couldn't see a thing. Might as well have been at ground level. Food was OK, a little uneven. We were willing to go back and give it another chance, but haven't done it yet.

jkjsooner
7/22/2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I've been in there. Foggy night and couldn't see a thing. Might as well have been at ground level. Food was OK, a little uneven. We were willing to go back and give it another chance, but haven't done it yet.

Isn't there a long wait (several months) to eat there?

Boomer.....
7/22/2013, 01:28 PM
There isn't the long (months out) wait that there used to be, but you probably still need reservations. I'm sure you could get a table the week of or at least a week before. The restaurant is on the 49th floor and the elevator gets you there in about 15 seconds. It's amazingly quick and your ears will pop. They said it's the fastest an elevator can go without physically making you sick.

As far as the food, they don't have burgers, etc. It's a fine dining restaurant, so it's more steaks, fish, etc. I had the filet and the wife had salmon and both were excellent. We've had better food around OKC, but of course the biggest draw is the view.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/64/g9p2.jpg

reflector
7/22/2013, 03:40 PM
I can honestly say that I have not been in Devon Tower yet.

Phantasm
7/22/2013, 05:01 PM
How many stories is the tower?

If you want a dinner with a view, I suggest the signature room on 97, in the Hancock building.

Boomer.....
7/23/2013, 07:16 AM
How many stories is the tower?

If you want a dinner with a view, I suggest the signature room on 97, in the Hancock building.

50 stories. The top floor is for private parties or banquets.

sooneron
7/23/2013, 10:26 AM
I went to the first event to be hosted there last year (could still smell some paint). THe place is pretty swanky, but tastefully done. The view that night was tremendous. It almost feels like you could see Dallas with that much real estate before you. The lights were on in the stadium in Norman and it was clearly visible.

Lott's Bandana
7/23/2013, 11:26 AM
I went to the first event to be hosted there last year (could still smell some paint). THe place is pretty swanky, but tastefully done. The view that night was tremendous. It almost feels like you could see Dallas with that much real estate before you. The lights were on in the stadium in Norman and it was clearly visible.

Could ya see Vet peein' off his porch?

SoonerInFortSmith
7/23/2013, 01:22 PM

No but could see Uranus.

sooneron
7/24/2013, 11:22 AM

I could see him, but I'd rather not divulge what he was doing...

olevetonahill
7/24/2013, 11:27 AM
I could see him, but I'd rather not divulge what he was doing...
It's not what ya thot
I was waving atcha

stoopified
7/25/2013, 08:43 AM
I hear the term fine dining and I think jacket and tie dress code.True or not?

Boomer.....
7/25/2013, 09:09 AM
I hear the term fine dining and I think jacket and tie dress code.True or not?

Not. There might be some people in suits and ties, but most aren't. Slacks and a button-up is as dressy as I get, but you will see people in jeans.

stoopified
7/25/2013, 02:25 PM
Not. There might be some people in suits and ties, but most aren't. Slacks and a button-up is as dressy as I get, but you will see people in jeans. Thanks,I've never ate anywhere a tie and jacket is required. I figured if it was necessary, I would have done it just for this unique venue.