PDA

View Full Version : RIP Dave

C&CDean
7/21/2013, 08:07 PM
Sad news y'all.

Dave Graw, the picture taking guy at the SF.com tailgates passed away some time this weekend.

My family and I spent the weekend down at the lake house on Texoma and when momma got home she tried to call him. No answer. My youngest son was heading to Norman and momma gave him a key to Dave's apartment and asked him to check up on him. He found him in his apartment. Called 911, but it was too late. He was gone.

He wasn't feeling good last week, and momma checked up on him a couple times. Last time she saw him was Friday before we headed to the lake. He was feeling pretty puny, but seemed OK. Damn.

Anyhow, please drop a thought/prayer for Dave if you would. He was a good man.

Whet
7/21/2013, 08:10 PM
RIP Dave.

stoopified
7/21/2013, 09:38 PM
Prayers for the family

Curly Bill
7/21/2013, 10:17 PM
I never met him, but count me in on the prayers.

olevetonahill
7/21/2013, 10:20 PM
I never met him, but count me in on the prayers.

He was a Great Guy, Sad to hear He passed.

olevetonahill
7/21/2013, 10:30 PM
Copied and Posted at the Hideout .

stoops the eternal pimp
7/22/2013, 08:24 AM
A lot of good conversations with him..Mostly about Iowa and how great your family is to him....Really nice guy and easy to talk to...****

olevetonahill
7/22/2013, 08:30 AM
A lot of good conversations with him..Mostly about Iowa and how great your family is to him....Really nice guy and easy to talk to...****

Always had a smile.

btk108
8/12/2013, 09:47 PM

exactly. I'm sorry I havent' been around much and missed this. I always enjoyed visiting with him

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/BOBBYH17/DSC_0303.jpg

olevetonahill
8/12/2013, 10:05 PM
exactly. I'm sorry I havent' been around much and missed this. I always enjoyed visiting with him

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/BOBBYH17/DSC_0303.jpg

I miss being able to Visit with Him, Hell I miss being able to visit with Everyone from the TailGates

C&CDean
8/13/2013, 11:43 AM
Sorry I didn't post any pics. Thanks Carl.

Yeah, that's Dave. I miss the hell out of him on the ranch. He'd come out almost every weekend and pick up limbs under the pecans or help me pull fence or split firewood or haul hay. It's been pretty quiet without him around. He was a hell of a guitar player as well, and his taste in music pretty much mirrored mine.

He worked at the OU Health Sciences Center in the nursing education area. They have been really great and they'll miss him as well. He was a special guy.

FaninAma
8/13/2013, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear about that Dean. Condolences to his family.

C&CDean
8/13/2013, 05:38 PM
Sorry to hear about that Dean. Condolences to his family.

Unfortunately/fortunately, we were his family Steve. His mom passed years ago, his dad went to prison for burning up his second family; and Dave hadn't seen him since Dave was 2 years old when he split and started the new family. He had two brothers and a sister (who semi-raised him) who he didn't talk to for over 25 years. One of them has been in contact with us and will attend a memorial we're doing for him in Iowa on the 24th. I don't think the other two GAS.

When all this settles out I'm gonna post the whole story.

olevetonahill
8/13/2013, 05:45 PM
Unfortunately/fortunately, we were his family Steve. His mom passed years ago, his dad went to prison for burning up his second family; and Dave hadn't seen him since Dave was 2 years old when he split and started the new family. He had two brothers and a sister (who semi-raised him) who he didn't talk to for over 25 years. One of them has been in contact with us and will attend a memorial we're doing for him in Iowa on the 24th. I don't think the other two GAS.

When all this settles out I'm gonna post the whole story.

I didnt know him well Dean But thoroughly enjoyed visiting with him at the gates.He was a Truly NICE man.

proud gonzo
8/19/2013, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. He was good people.

BieberFever
8/19/2013, 04:51 PM
So I heard you are divorced PG, Wanna hook up?

C&CDean
8/19/2013, 05:52 PM
So I heard you are divorced PG, Wanna hook up?

Not in this thread ****wad.

Turd_Ferguson
8/19/2013, 06:01 PM
Remember his face, but didn't know him. RIP, Brother.

sanantoniosooner
8/19/2013, 06:05 PM
Did Dean just ban his own sock?

olevetonahill
8/19/2013, 06:14 PM
Did Dean just ban his own sock?

Was it Black?

Soonerus
8/19/2013, 10:31 PM
Sorry to hear the sad news...