PDA

View Full Version : David Ash on Davey O'Brien Watch List

kevpks
7/17/2013, 11:41 PM
Maybe someone can explain this to me. Is this an award for Quarterbacks? Good Quarterbacks? What the hell is he doing on this list? There are probably ten Big XII starting QBs (and four backups) I'd take over him. He's terrible--a poor man's Chris Simms.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/2013-davey-o-brien-quarterback-watch-list-slideshow/valero-bowl-texas-v-oregon-20121229-200848-282--spt.html

Curly Bill
7/17/2013, 11:52 PM
He's the QB at a big program so he's on the list. He sucks of course, and has no chance at any QB award, but just to be safe since he's the QB at saxet they throw him on there.

SicEmBaylor
7/18/2013, 12:20 AM
Is this real life?

Curly Bill
7/18/2013, 12:30 AM
No! It's SoonerFans ya dumas! ;)

starclassic tama
7/18/2013, 07:59 AM
these watch lists are completely meaningless. if you have ever started or been anything close to productive for a big name program you are going to be on some sort of watch list.

kevpks
7/18/2013, 09:24 AM
There are probably ten Big XII starting QBs (and four backups) I'd take over him. It occured to me this morning that this is inaccurate since the Big 12 only has ten teams now. I guess I'll throw in the QBs at future Big XII schools like Rice and UTSA.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/18/2013, 10:34 AM
these watch lists are completely meaningless. if you have ever started or been anything close to productive for a big name program you are going to be on some sort of watch list.

This...Wow, you are on a watch list with 800 other players...That's awesome!

badger
7/18/2013, 10:56 AM
Preseason watch lists: Name 60+ players before the season starts across the country of anyone whose name you recognize due to bowl performance (mid-major) or by starting at a major program (i.e. Longhorn Network).

Postseason winner: This guy that nearly got kicked outta Texas A&M and was going to not be a quarterback under the previous coach!