PDA

View Full Version : So SF down to less than 10 posters?

okie52
7/17/2013, 07:14 AM
???

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 07:34 AM
A lot still havnt been able to get back on for what ever reason.

But I heard Dean was gonna give Amnesty to All when he gets back from where ever that should fix the problem :cocksure:

jkjsooner
7/17/2013, 08:43 AM
I'm sure some were lost for good but I think most will slowly come back.

The fact that they were hacked is a little concerning. This brings up one thing I think is important. When registering with sites like this where you give them an email address and password, never use the same password as you use with your email address. I'm assuming Phil is an upstanding guy but if you did that you give him access to your email if he wasn't. In addition, I'm assuming he stores a hash of your password not the password itself but I don't trust every site to be smart about that.

Seems obvious but considering we all have about 100 accounts spread between personal and work so it's almost impossible to not repeat passwords - especially when some systems require frequent password updates.

That last part is something that irritates me to no end. Security guys at work think they're being secure by making you change your passwords for X, Y, and Z every couple of weeks but really what they're doing is forcing the employees to write their password down (or at best store them in an encrypted password file). Very few people can remember 20 unique passwords that have to be very secure and reset every few weeks. If I ever go back and get a PhD in computer security this is going to be my thesis.

OU68
7/17/2013, 09:35 AM
The other irritating thing is the different requirements by different sites - 8 characters with number & letter, 8 characters with symbol, number, letter, etc., etc. The net has to go to phrase passwords - almost impossible to crack, and you could use the same thing for every site.

FirstandGoal
7/17/2013, 09:43 AM
This is extremely annoying! Where I work, they require I update my password every quarter. In addition to that, it has to be at least 8 characters, have alpha and numeric characters and at least 2 of the characters have to be in caps, thus making the whole thing case-sensitive. Luckily for me, I figured out after the first password change that you can go up to 10 characters in the password so now I just add a number to the end of the thing and I can leave it the same. So now all I will do is flip it between no number and one number and I'll be good...

cleller
7/17/2013, 01:21 PM
Some are still in jail from the Trayvon protests.

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 01:29 PM
Some are still in jail from the Trayvon protests.

I just got out,

pphilfran
7/17/2013, 01:38 PM
A lot still havnt been able to get back on for what ever reason.

But I heard Dean was gonna give Amnesty to All when he gets back from where ever that should fix the problem :cocksure:

I wouldn't bet too much on amnesty....quite the circus going on in LT

badger
7/17/2013, 01:45 PM
Is what it is, and it's still offseason :)

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 01:48 PM

I wouldnt really know. Did hear that Dean was gonna Unbaine/Debaine/some shat like that,most all of em.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/17/2013, 01:56 PM

I think he gave his word.

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 01:58 PM
I think he gave his word.

maybe so but you know how those ****ing Deans lie.

pphilfran
7/17/2013, 02:07 PM
They are pounding his azz....but he holding his own even though the pack smells blood....

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 02:11 PM
They are pounding his azz....but he holding his own even though the pack smells blood....

Heh, I think he just misses a Good Fight.

setem
7/17/2013, 02:16 PM
I am a mod over there! HAHA! I merged the SF threads. I will ban you all!

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 02:23 PM

You little bastard you Caint bain ME. I aint never joined up. Just skimmed that thread a few times. Prolly wont ever go back over again unless SF goes down again.

okie52
7/17/2013, 02:23 PM
I know I haven't seen soonercruiser for months...banned or just decided to leave?

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 02:24 PM
I know I haven't seen soonercruiser for months...banned or just decided to leave?

Dont think he was bained, maybe just went away as some have done over the years.

yermom
7/17/2013, 02:26 PM
this is neat explanation of password strength:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/password_strength.png

and yeah, restrictions to the point where people just put a PostIt on their monitor is too much.

setem
7/17/2013, 02:29 PM
You little bastard you Caint bain ME. I aint never joined up. Just skimmed that thread a few times. Prolly wont ever go back over again unless SF goes down again.

You know I was kidding about the banning right?

badger
7/17/2013, 02:30 PM

were you also the one that moved it to "stillwater?" lol

rock on sooner
7/17/2013, 02:31 PM
I just got out,

I thought that guy I saw on teevee looked familiar...beard,
overalls, no shirt...just like yer pic at Tha Hideout!!:highly_amused::triumphant:

setem
7/17/2013, 02:35 PM
were you also the one that moved it to "stillwater?" lol

No I said it should have never been moved. It is not our job to decide if a thread has run its course. That is why it got put back!

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 02:43 PM
You know I was kidding about the banning right?

I were joking right back, Cept I really never have joined there. Never saw a need to. Never had a desire to.
Played a troll handle right after they started it then for got about it less than a week later.

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 02:44 PM
I thought that guy I saw on teevee looked familiar...beard,
overalls, no shirt...just like yer pic at Tha Hideout!!:highly_amused::triumphant:

Twernt me then I dont even wear britches let alone Overhauls.

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 02:45 PM
No I said it should have never been moved. It is not our job to decide if a thread has run its course. That is why it got put back!

Moved? Stillwater? No Clue has I.

badger
7/17/2013, 02:54 PM
OSU has run its course. Move it to... oh, i see what they did there...

OU68
7/17/2013, 03:29 PM
and yeah, restrictions to the point where people just put a PostIt on their monitor is too much.

perzacterly :applause:

8timechamps
7/17/2013, 03:43 PM
After a long outage, it's to be expected that things will take a while to return to "normal", but it'll happen.

rock on sooner
7/17/2013, 03:46 PM
Twernt me then I dont even wear britches let alone Overhauls.
Hmmmm, I thot I saw a pic of you at one of the tailgaters...
guess not...wonder who that was?

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 03:48 PM
Hmmmm, I thot I saw a pic of you at one of the tailgaters...
guess not...wonder who that was?

Well Now when Im in Polite company or I leave my Hill to go to games I will put on some Levis, But I aint wored Overhauls in years.

rock on sooner
7/17/2013, 03:53 PM
Well Now when Im in Polite company or I leave my Hill to go to games I will put on some Levis, But I aint wored Overhauls in years.

Heh, how often yew find company polite? :friendly_wink:

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 03:54 PM
Heh, how often yew find company polite? :friendly_wink:

Well I used to at the Tailgates.

okie52
7/17/2013, 08:52 PM
No diver dog?

Whet
7/17/2013, 09:58 PM
^ LT, known Bounce

reflector
7/17/2013, 10:39 PM
I hope you are including me in the 10 posters on here.