PDA

View Full Version : T martin was a saint...

Soonerjeepman
7/16/2013, 05:40 PM
riiigghhtt.

I totally agree that this is a horrible unfortunate event. BUT, let's not forget that Martin had pics of dope and a gun...thinkin it's illegal for a 17 yr old to own a handgun in fla...and dope.

I think Zimmerman was DA to get out of his car...even follow the kid...

Martin was the one with the racial words..."cracker"...all Zimmerman said was what the 911 dispatcher asked...race.

Skysooner
7/17/2013, 07:48 PM
The prosecution didn't prove the case. The jury made the right decision.

I am on vacation right now, and I met a retired Indiana police officer. He was of the same opinion but said in 25 years of service, he only pulled his gun twice and never shot it. He said he was fired on once. The biggest issue was Zimmerman being a moron and trying to act outside of his ability. The killing appears to be justified self-defense, but it need never happen.

okie52
7/17/2013, 08:10 PM
There are probably millions of gun owners that have never fired their gun at an intruder or ever pulled it on another person...and luckily for them were probably never in a situation that required it.

Skysooner
7/17/2013, 10:26 PM
The officer said to me that if you treat every situation like the other person has a gun then it generally works out. Zimmerman showed poor judgment and someone is dead as a result. This doesn't deserve federal charges, but he shouldn't be allowed a c&c permit.

okie52
7/17/2013, 10:40 PM
For getting out of his car? God forbid the police force that embraces that doctrine.

Curly Bill
7/17/2013, 10:45 PM
Zimmerman broke no laws - under what grounds could or should he be denied a CCP? And this is a legal matter, so you can't just say he's dumb, or just because...

olevetonahill
7/18/2013, 12:15 AM
The officer said to me that if you treat every situation like the other person has a gun then it generally works out. Zimmerman showed poor judgment and someone is dead as a result. This doesn't deserve federal charges, but he shouldn't be allowed a c&c permit.

Hells bells, YOU and that Retired Cop along with the rest of us just know the few bits and pieces that the media has fed us. Who are YOU to judge the sistuion from afar and a year an a 1/2 later?

achiro
7/18/2013, 07:14 AM
The prosecution didn't prove the case. The jury made the right decision.

I am on vacation right now, and I met a retired Indiana police officer. He was of the same opinion but said in 25 years of service, he only pulled his gun twice and never shot it. He said he was fired on once. The biggest issue was Zimmerman being a moron and trying to act outside of his ability. The killing appears to be justified self-defense, but it need never happen.
He was either in Mayberry or he lied to you to make up a point. I was only in law enforcement for 3 years and pulled my gun multiple times. It's a matter of policy while performing a felony stop. Zimmerman did nothing wrong, including getting out of his car. He didn't approach Martin, Martin could have easily walked 4 houses down and gotten home. Instead he turned around and made initial contact with Z, started the fight, and ended up dead for his stupidity.

okie52
7/18/2013, 09:51 AM
From another board...

In June 2012, Alan Dershowitz, a well-known defense attorney who has been a professor at Harvard Law School for nearly half a century, criticized Corey for her affidavit in the Zimmerman case.

Making use of a quirk of Florida law that gives prosecutors, for any case except first-degree murder, the option of filing an affidavit with the judge instead of going to a grand jury, Corey filed an affidavit that, according to Dershowitz, “willfully and deliberately omitted” crucial exculpatory evidence: namely, that Trayvon Martin was beating George Zimmerman bloody at the time of the fatal gunshot. So Corey avoided a grand jury, where her case likely would not have held water, and then withheld evidence in her affidavit to the judge.

“It was a perjurious affidavit,” Dershowitz tells me, and that comes with serious consequences: “Submitting a false affidavit is grounds for disbarment.”

Shortly after Dershowitz’s criticisms, Harvard Law School’s dean’s office received a phone call. When the dean refused to pick up, Angela Corey spent a half hour demanding of an office-of-communications employee that Dershowitz be fired. According to Dershowitz, Corey threatened to sue Harvard, to try to get him disbarred, and also to sue him for slander and libel.

Corey also told the communications employee that she had assigned a state investigator — an employee of the State of Florida, that is — to investigate Dershowitz. “That’s an abuse of office right there,” Dershowitz says.

Skysooner
7/18/2013, 10:21 AM
He was either in Mayberry or he lied to you to make up a point. I was only in law enforcement for 3 years and pulled my gun multiple times. It's a matter of policy while performing a felony stop. Zimmerman did nothing wrong, including getting out of his car. He didn't approach Martin, Martin could have easily walked 4 houses down and gotten home. Instead he turned around and made initial contact with Z, started the fight, and ended up dead for his stupidity.

Northern Indiana county sheriff. Likely Mayberry. Zimmerman killed someone. That in itself is enough to at least question why he holds a C&C. How do you know what actually happened? The details from this case were bad on both sides.

olevetonahill
7/18/2013, 10:31 AM
Northern Indiana county sheriff. Likely Mayberry. Zimmerman killed someone. That in itself is enough to at least question why he holds a C&C. How do you know what actually happened? The details from this case were bad on both sides.

This makes sense HOW?

Why in hell would Killing some one in Self Defense Call into question a persons right to CC?

okie52
7/18/2013, 10:35 AM

If he had been convicted of 2nd degree murder and/or manslaughter he would be a felon and would no longer be able to own a firearm much less have a CC.

Skysooner
7/18/2013, 10:35 AM
This makes sense HOW?

Why in hell would Killing some one in Self Defense Call into question a persons right to CC?

It just needs to be looked at. Even police are held to a standard when they fire their guns in the line of duty. There is usually an investigation. C&C is not a right, it is a privilege (at least in that state). Or do you think that there should be no standards for C&C?

olevetonahill
7/18/2013, 10:43 AM
It just needs to be looked at. Even police are held to a standard when they fire their guns in the line of duty. There is usually an investigation. C&C is not a right, it is a privilege (at least in that state). Or do you think that there should be no standards for C&C?

Aint what you said or at least thats not the way it came across to me.
You comparing the Zim shooting to a Police shooting , and then wondering why he wasnt held to that level of scrutiny. He was.
The Police originally ruled it a Justified shooting.

As far as Standards Go No I dont think there should be, IF you aint a ****ing Nut job Nor a convicted Criminal. and Can legally Own a weapon then you should have the right to Carry anytime you want.

Skysooner
7/18/2013, 11:00 AM
Aint what you said or at least thats not the way it came across to me.
You comparing the Zim shooting to a Police shooting , and then wondering why he wasnt held to that level of scrutiny. He was.
The Police originally ruled it a Justified shooting.

As far as Standards Go No I dont think there should be, IF you aint a ****ing Nut job Nor a convicted Criminal. and Can legally Own a weapon then you should have the right to Carry anytime you want.

I wasn't saying he should be denied because he shot someone. It has to be scrutinized. If you are carrying a deadly weapon in public in places where it is not legal then of course you have to be held to certain standards. There are other states you can carry legally openly. When I first started hunting, I had to go through all sorts of safety courses and then the hardest lessons were the ones learned in the field by other gun carriers who were on me instantly if I did anything to endanger someone. This is how I approach the problem. The biggest problem about the whole case was that someone ended up dead when it didn't need to happen. Both made mistakes, but one lost his life over his. Zimmerman basically has to but in a different way. The case never should have gone to trial anyway.

Soonerjeepman
7/19/2013, 04:48 PM

He was...he was on TRIAL..a heck of a lot more than a police officer who shoots someone (which I support 99% of the police). He was found innocent. That is WHY we have CC to DEFEND ourselves.

Trayvon initiated the confrontation. Even if he hit Zimmerman because Z was reaching into his pocket for his phone and T thought he had a gun. I doubt Z came at T with a "I'm going to kick your ***" approach, vocal or physical.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/20/2013, 02:32 PM
I wasn't saying he should be denied because he shot someone. It has to be scrutinized. If you are carrying a deadly weapon in public in places where it is not legal then of course you have to be held to certain standards. There are other states you can carry legally openly. When I first started hunting, I had to go through all sorts of safety courses and then the hardest lessons were the ones learned in the field by other gun carriers who were on me instantly if I did anything to endanger someone. This is how I approach the problem. The biggest problem about the whole case was that someone ended up dead when it didn't need to happen. Both made mistakes, but one lost his life over his. Zimmerman basically has to but in a different way. The case never should have gone to trial anyway.

what about ole T's responsibility to run to his house only a few yards away. He didn't have to rush Zimmerman and he didn't have to pound him to the ground. Justified shooting, anyone would have done it. No law broken. The protesters should get over it,rule of law, but nooooo. They want faux justice and whitey errr, hispanic to pay...

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2013, 02:35 PM
I'm so over hearing about this.

Soonerjeepman
7/20/2013, 03:32 PM
as I've heard...

brown man kills black man, white man gets blamed~

SicEmBaylor
7/20/2013, 03:38 PM
as I've heard...

brown man kills black man, white man gets blamed~

Don't get me wrong -- I applaud the verdict. This case has run its course.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/20/2013, 05:22 PM
Zimmerman should leave the US. Staying here will bring nuttin but trouble for him.

BigTip
7/20/2013, 11:03 PM
I don't discuss the points of the case. That's up to the court where the trial is played out.
I get a news letter that said some good stuff about it:

"As far as I can tell the concept of "law" has left our land. How sad. A jury of women, most with kids, could not find a way to convict Zimmerman of the charges the state brought to him. The decision was unanimous. That is quite telling considering the incredible media pressure, the incredible push the Prosecutor and the judge were displaying and the incredible scope of the trial.

Yet though found not guilty, the "specially appointed" Prosecutor Angela Corey has been all over the air waves stating such things as Zimmerman is a "murderer". Oh my. So, in the United States of America, a country that says it is so wonderful because we are a nation of laws, if the prosecution was a farce to begin with and couldn't railroad Zimmerman into prison AND the jury finds him not guilty, according to Angela Corey he's a murderer with illegal thoughts. No regard for the legal system she supposedly upholds. HER legal system tried this man, and found him not guilty. What right does she have to call him that AFTER acquittal? I'd sue her for defamation."

Whet
7/20/2013, 11:06 PM
Zimmerman should leave the US. Staying here will bring nuttin but trouble for him.
Are you suggesting he move to California?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/21/2013, 12:09 AM
Are you suggesting he move to California?There's a joke there somewhere, right?

yermom
7/21/2013, 07:43 AM
I don't discuss the points of the case. That's up to the court where the trial is played out.
I get a news letter that said some good stuff about it:

"As far as I can tell the concept of "law" has left our land. How sad. A jury of women, most with kids, could not find a way to convict Zimmerman of the charges the state brought to him. The decision was unanimous. That is quite telling considering the incredible media pressure, the incredible push the Prosecutor and the judge were displaying and the incredible scope of the trial.

Yet though found not guilty, the "specially appointed" Prosecutor Angela Corey has been all over the air waves stating such things as Zimmerman is a "murderer". Oh my. So, in the United States of America, a country that says it is so wonderful because we are a nation of laws, if the prosecution was a farce to begin with and couldn't railroad Zimmerman into prison AND the jury finds him not guilty, according to Angela Corey he's a murderer with illegal thoughts. No regard for the legal system she supposedly upholds. HER legal system tried this man, and found him not guilty. What right does she have to call him that AFTER acquittal? I'd sue her for defamation."

you feel the same way about OJ?

stoopified
7/21/2013, 12:01 PM
you feel the same way about OJ?SPEAKING OF OJ,WHERE WERE ALL THE PROTEST MARCHES AND SPEECHS OF OUTRAGE BY PUBLIC FIGURES WHEN HE GOT AWAY WITH MURDER AND THEN WROTE A BOOK ABOUT IT?

nighttrain12
7/21/2013, 10:01 PM
Are you suggesting he move to California?

Is Florida still in the US or Cuba?

sooner46
7/23/2013, 01:57 PM
Number of times he pull his weapon.

I have a son in law enforcement (about 4 years), he was talking about how he would like to have a Suburban instead of the ford he was driving because it was easier to pull his weapon when he got out.

I look at him and asked “Son how many time have pull your weapon?”

He looked at me smiled and said” Dad I pull my weapon 6, 7 or 8 times a shift.”

I said “WHAT!!!!!!!!” He works in the bad side of the county.

He said it depends on what type call they send you on, once you have cleared the area you can pull it away. He did state that if someone has a weapon he will tell one time to drop it, or he will shoot them. He stated they have proved that even if the weapon is not pointed at you, they can turn and shoot you before you can react to shoot them.

He stated he would rather take his changes in court than to be dead.

OUmillenium
7/24/2013, 01:30 AM
Newsflash...the court system is not controlled by the liberal media

We still have a country here

Curly Bill
7/24/2013, 01:39 AM
Newsflash...the court system is not controlled by the liberal media

We still have a country here

Must be why Obammy is pissed - he hasn't managed to ruin EVERYTHING yet?!?!

Whet
7/24/2013, 07:44 AM
Some of St. TrayVon's non-disclosed issues.

http://youtu.be/Ebu6Yvzs4Ls

TheHumanAlphabet
7/24/2013, 09:54 AM
Whet, Thanks for posting... So True!!!

The lies of the Leftists and Racists are revealed...