PDA

View Full Version : Where's vBookie!!???

ouflak
7/15/2013, 05:11 AM
Gaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

nighttrain12
7/16/2013, 11:12 PM
I ain't got no V-Cash! How can I buy fake hookers and fake alcohol without any V-cash!?!

ouflak
7/17/2013, 01:56 AM
Here's a link to the latest vBookie (https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=233473&page=44)mod which appears to be compatible with this version vBulletin.

Phil
7/17/2013, 07:39 PM
If it's secure, we'll put it back up. I think the hacker got in through the arcade, so that one may be a no-go going forward, though.

ouflak
7/18/2013, 02:39 AM
Whoever the host is (was?) should have completed enough of their investigation into this matter to give you a relatively precise idea on how and where the hacker got through. If you think the Arcade was the way through, those developers should be notified asap so they can close up that loophole. I'm sure they'd be on it instantly, and very enthusiastically, if there was a real threat.

In any case, I cannot find any mention anywhere of vBookie (or Arcade for that matter) being hacked or being the method by which any other site was hacked... ever. What's likely happened is that your host is a failure when it comes to security, somebody poked around and quickly found that fact out, uploaded some php script onto their insecure server and the rest is history. I hope some of the fun aspects of this board aren't going to be made to suffer because of this host's incompetence. Maybe their investigation into the matter (which is obviously not complete, or they aren't telling, because otherwise you would know by now how the server was hacked) will clear your concerns on the vBookie and Arcade mods. I really hope so. It's useless being the moderator of a dead forum.

edit: To re-iterate, please please please, if you truly have any suspicion of the Arcade mod having a security leak, let those guys know. As a software developer myself, I know that the instant that it was shown that my software had an issue like this, I would work tirelessly, dedicating every instant of my time that I could, to fix that issue. Those guys have put some of their heart, soul, and pride into that mod. And don't just take whatever excuse your host comes up with on this matter at face value. They are covering their own mistake. Make them produce log files proving what they say is true, and provide those logs to the Arcade developers. Keep in mind also, that even if you never want to have the mod on your site again, there are still hundreds of other boards that are using that mod right now. They too deserve to know, the sooner the better.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
7/28/2013, 09:58 PM
My question is will get back the total we had before the crash? My wallet was fat and I was looking to get even fatter.