PDA

View Full Version : TexAgs.com and JFF Manziel: two biggest embarrassments in college football

cleller
7/14/2013, 12:17 PM
As you may have read, Manziel was sent home from Archie Manning's QB camp yesterday for being late, hungover and asleep during meetings. Just you typical day for Johnny Hymen.

I went over to TexAgs to see the fallout there. In the past, the posters there have been honest in their distaste for Manziel. Today, it seems the board's mods are deleting threads about the Manning camp as quickly as they are posted. The brief thread I saw was the 5th one started. It was gone in minutes. The posters are openly deriding these mods, comparing them to the Chinese.

I registered, and posted a comment about the censorship. It was deleted in minutes, and my account locked out of posting privileges.

What a bunch of bozos.

Phil
7/14/2013, 12:42 PM
You won't have that problem here - you can rip on JFF all you want. Aggy can, too.

SoonerorLater
7/14/2013, 01:40 PM
I see some similarities in the personalities of Johnny Manziel and Rhett Bomar. I wonder if we will see similar results?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
7/14/2013, 05:07 PM
Rhett Bomar doesn't hold a candle to Manziel!

8timechamps
7/14/2013, 05:25 PM
Would it surprise anyone to see JFF fall on his arse this year? Either way, I doubt he's in College Station this time next year.

SoonerNomad
7/14/2013, 05:41 PM
Would it surprise anyone to see JFF fall on his arse this year? Either way, I doubt he's in College Station this time next year.

I will be surprised if he falls hard this year, but not nearly as shocked as I was with what he was able to do last year. I really still can't believe it. He looked decent in the early loss to Florida. Quick, but undisciplined, but nothing I saw that day would have forecast the season to come. He rode those traits into Tuscaloosa and became a folk hero and a Heisman winner. Oklahoma's defense has still not tackled him. Did we ever really even hit him once?

And then this off season. One little strange thing after another. Nothing to worry about one at a time, but put them all together and you start to wonder. If you're an Aggie, you start to worry. He is one of those people that seems to love being in the limelight and hate being in the limelight all at the same time. It's going to be an interesting fall.

(p.s. - Coach Sumlin must have must have much less influence on him than I would have thought)

Salt City Sooner
7/14/2013, 08:01 PM
A&M's got a 2 game season. He ain't falling very much, if at all.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/245/texas-aggies

SoonerNomad
7/15/2013, 07:59 AM
How could a team in the SEC West only have a "2 game season"? I thought that was the toughest division in the history of college football.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/15/2013, 10:20 AM
Kid is a ticking time bomb.

olevetonahill
7/15/2013, 10:26 AM

Agreed, Ima say it be a safe bet they lose at least 4 games this year

nighttrain12
7/15/2013, 11:16 AM
Johnny 'Hymen' (see above for credit on that name) is now a convicted criminal.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22770590/manziel-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-charge-from-2012-fight

cleller
7/15/2013, 11:41 AM
Seeing his name and Ryan Leaf's in the same sentence alot now. What a disgrace.

SoonerStormchaser
7/15/2013, 12:25 PM
Well, it's not like the Heisman is given to folks with upstanding character references...OJ, Reggie, Troy Smith, etc.

SoonerNomad
7/15/2013, 12:39 PM
Stephen King's take on his leaving the Manning camp from an NFL perspective is also interesting.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130715/johnny-manziel-aaron-hernandez-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=hp_t11_a5&eref=sihp

cleller
7/15/2013, 12:39 PM
At least all those guys managed to make it more than a few weeks before making themselves look like drunken, dorky, irresponsible, blah, etc, jerkoffs.

sooner_born_1960
7/15/2013, 12:52 PM
I was expecting a spookier column from Stephen King.

SoonerNomad
7/15/2013, 12:56 PM
That's hilarious. Apparently, I needed less coffee this morning. Both Peter and Stephen King are from New England. Could that be the basis of my grave error?

salth2o
7/15/2013, 01:14 PM
Y'all need to "walk a day in his shoes" to really understand the pressure of being a Heisman winner AND a d-bag. It's not as easy as one might think. :rolleyes:

badger
7/15/2013, 01:25 PM
Just think... if Stoops didn't kick Rhett off the team, this might have been his path at OU... Heisman, arrests and all. However, Rhett was forced to clean up his act earlier... and yes, saved his arrest until after he was done playing football.

Sumlin had the same opportunity to cut a questionable character player from his team (it's documented, Google it if you haven't heard). Instead, JFF got to stay around, become Aggie starting QB, win the Heisman and... well, that's also well documented.

Did Stoops ruin Rhett's career, or give him the kick in the butt he needed in order to at least get drafted in the NFL. Did Sumlin ruin Manziel's future pro career by not giving him the same kick that Stoops gave Rhett?

cleller
7/15/2013, 02:34 PM
I'll bet Sumlin is having giggly fits at the idea of letting the backup QB start the first game.

rock on sooner
7/15/2013, 04:09 PM
Anyone else think that $405 for a ticket to a regular season college game is
a little steep? Oh wait, it's the SEC....wut wuz I thinkin?

jkjsooner
7/16/2013, 09:18 AM
How could a team in the SEC West only have a "2 game season"? I thought that was the toughest division in the history of college football.

I know that there's some sarcasm in your post but I had to respond anyway. Conference and/or division strength is vastly overrated when it comes to schedule strength. One tough OOC game can more than make up the difference between the different divisions of the major conferences. In addition schedule strength within the conference can vary significantly depending on what teams you draw from the other division.

OU tries to play at least one very good OOC game a year. It's a little hard to control as you make the schedules years in advance and the quality of teams can change quite a bit but in the long term this will keep the schedule strength on par with many SEC schedules. Last year it worked out and ND was much tougher than they had been in recent history.

That's not to say SEC teams don't play tough OOC games like Michigan, PSU, Oregon, etc. so of course they could possibly have a killer schedule but the assumption that the 14 SEC teams have the 14 toughest schedules in the country (which nobody comes out and states but the arguments they make imply this) in far from the truth.

olevetonahill
7/16/2013, 09:25 AM
Anyone else think that $405 for a ticket to a regular season college game is
a little steep? Oh wait, it's the SEC....wut wuz I thinkin?

Hell I wouldnt Pay that for ANY OU game to be played or that has ever been played.

VA Sooner
7/16/2013, 06:33 PM

I'm thinking the exact same thing... kid is on self-destruct

swardboy
7/16/2013, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he's at the SEC press thing tomorrow. He's "apologized to his coaches" and been counseled to tell the truth about the Manning football camp escapade, so it should be exciting programming on espn 2 .

Monster Zero
7/16/2013, 09:15 PM
As you may have read, Manziel was sent home from Archie Manning's QB camp yesterday for being late, hungover and asleep during meetings. Just you typical day for Johnny Hymen.

I went over to TexAgs to see the fallout there. In the past, the posters there have been honest in their distaste for Manziel. Today, it seems the board's mods are deleting threads about the Manning camp as quickly as they are posted. The brief thread I saw was the 5th one started. It was gone in minutes. The posters are openly deriding these mods, comparing them to the Chinese.

I registered, and posted a comment about the censorship. It was deleted in minutes, and my account locked out of posting privileges.

What a bunch of bozos.

Hmmm... JFF... I get the "Johnny Football", J and F... gee, I just don't get the two F's... what could that middle one stand for?

BTW 'Bama's gonna have his *** in September. Maybe they'll knock the arrogance out of him and he'll be a nice kid afterwards? Well, it's possible, right?

SoonerObsession
7/16/2013, 10:09 PM
I hate to see talent wasted on bone heads.

ouwasp
7/16/2013, 10:15 PM
I'm so sick of the Johnny Football hype... it's almost as bad as the Honey Badger crap from a couple yrs ago. I wonder how much the Longhorn faithful despise the publicity of the knucklehead?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
7/17/2013, 07:44 AM
He's gonna flame out just like Todd Marijuanavich did.

olevetonahill
7/17/2013, 08:17 AM
I'm so sick of the Johnny Football hype... it's almost as bad as the Honey Badger crap from a couple yrs ago. I wonder how much the Longhorn faithful despise the publicity of the knucklehead?

Much like the RACE hype that the news media keeps shoving in our Face's so will they keep this Tard. Same thing with Saint TeaBlowme .

cleller
7/17/2013, 01:26 PM
Hmmm... JFF... I get the "Johnny Football", J and F... gee, I just don't get the two F's... what could that middle one stand for?

BTW 'Bama's gonna have his *** in September. Maybe they'll knock the arrogance out of him and he'll be a nice kid afterwards? Well, it's possible, right?

From my brief time at TexAgs, I took JFF to stand for Johnny Friggin Football. They seemed to get their fill of him in about 3 months of the off season crapola he served up.

Salt City Sooner
7/17/2013, 03:38 PM
Thought it was pretty funny on CFB Live today; Manziel's excuse for getting in late that day at the Academy was that his phone was dead & he just overslept. Both Pollack (esp. him) & Huard basically called BS on that.

Ruf/Nek7
7/17/2013, 06:07 PM
He should win an award for that acting job and the fact that he memorized his script so well is impressive.

8timechamps
7/17/2013, 06:22 PM
Thought it was pretty funny on CFB Live today; Manziel's excuse for getting in late that day at the Academy was that his phone was dead & he just overslept. Both Pollack (esp. him) & Huard basically called BS on that.

I thought Pollack was a hell of a college player, and it sucked that he ended up injured and out of the game, but I normally can't stand that dude...however, I thought did a great job of pointing out that most of America is tired of hearing/reading/talking about JFF.

MichiganSooner
7/17/2013, 06:29 PM
Johnny Football at the SEC meetings: "I'm a college kid; I'm 20."

Curly Bill
7/17/2013, 11:29 PM
Kid's a train wreck! Anyone know where there's a pool where we can wager on the exact date this knucklehead completely self destructs?

cleller
7/18/2013, 07:35 AM
I go back and forth wondering whether he'll make it thru the season in one piece. Loudmouth with a target on his back. He's not a big, strong kid, but he's agile and quick, just never seems to get hurt. Some players are like that.

If you had to look at the end of the book, some career-ending injury would pretty much sound like the fitting ending.

picasso
7/18/2013, 07:38 AM
He's 6'1, 200. That's my size. H
I mean he isn't Blake Bell but he's also not a buck sixty.

picasso
7/18/2013, 07:39 AM
And again I'll say his performance in Deliverance was eccentric.

starclassic tama
7/18/2013, 08:11 AM
i don't get all the hate for the guy personally. yeah, he seems like an arrogant ******. if twitter and the media had been as it is today throughout the past several decades, tons of your favorite athletes would be in his same boat. the only thing that has really bothered me has been this manning camp fiasco. i guess i just assume that most athletes are arrogant *********s, so i just pay attention to what they do on the field.

i'll probably get negged for this, but i love watching the guy play. he has a natural feel for making plays that is just unbelievable to watch.