PDA

View Full Version : Three big commits (one for 2014, two for 2015)

8timechamps
7/13/2013, 07:50 PM
OU landed three commits over the past couple of weeks:

1. Tay Evans - The son of a former OU hoops player, Evans is the first true linebacker commit of the Kish era. The Sooners waited to evaluate Evans until he was fully recovered from shoulder surgery, then made the offer. Evans is a big linebacker (6'2", 200), and marks the first real linebacker commit ifor the 2014 class.

2. Bobby Evans - Brother of 2014 LB commit Tay Evans. Bobby was offered shortly after Tay, and committed almost immediately. This kid is HUGE (6'4". 250) and is expected to grow another few inches (his dad is 6'8"). Originally a TE, Bobby was moved to the line last year and is committed to play tackle for the Sooners.

3. Josh Wariboko - Add another big commit to the line for 2015. Wariboko is 6'4", 310 lbs and will be a highly regarded OL in his junior/senior years. He was offered at a Sooner camp and committed a couple of weeks later. Currently, Wariboko plays at Casady High School in OKC.

Things are looking good in the recruiting world for the Sooners...especially for 2015!

Speck
7/14/2013, 11:06 AM
Good news here.

Where do the Evans boys go to high school?

8timechamps
7/14/2013, 04:56 PM
Speck, they both attend Allen High School in Allen, TX.

picasso
7/14/2013, 07:59 PM
Bobby Joe Evans kids? Is he that old? Geez that means I'm really old.

8timechamps
7/14/2013, 09:39 PM
picasso,

Yep, they're both Bobby Joe's kids. When I first saw that they were being recruited, I thought "how can that be, Bobby Joe was just a player!"...then I realized that I'm just old.

Fraggle145
7/14/2013, 09:41 PM
Holy ****. We got a LB.

8timechamps
7/14/2013, 10:36 PM
Fraggle,

Not only is he a linebacker, he's actually linebacker size! There is another one (his teammate) that is rumored to be close to committing to OU. There are also a couple of bigger names that have popped up on the radar as having serious interest...could get interesting in the next month or so. Kish may be starting to show up on the recruiting trail.

Fraggle145
7/15/2013, 01:02 AM
Yeah I saw we were interested in the other guy from that same school as well. He looks pretty good as well. Didnt he have a shoulder injury? Or was that Evans? Who are the other possible names out there?

8timechamps
7/15/2013, 05:11 PM
Yeah I saw we were interested in the other guy from that same school as well. He looks pretty good as well. Didnt he have a shoulder injury? Or was that Evans? Who are the other possible names out there?

It's a weird story; The first kid we offered (Christian Sam) is his teammate (also a linebacker). We offered Sam pretty early in the process, and he was ready to commit. The word was the he wanted to wait until Evans was offered, so that they could commit together. Evans was the one with the shoulder injury/surgery, and once the coaches were able to determine he wouldn't have any lasting effects from the surgery, they offered him (Evans). It took only about a week for Evans to commit, and the thought was that Sam would follow immediately. During the time between Sam's offer and Evan's offer, Sam started getting more offers (so did Evans, but he was coming to OU regardless of who else offered). So, now Sam is taking his time and waiting to commit. I think he'll eventually be a Sooner, just a little later than expected.

Other potential linebackers are:

Josh Mabin (6'1", 215 - Spring, TX)
Dakota Allen (6'1", 227 - Houston, TX)
Tegray Scales (6'2", 215 - Cincinnati, OH)
Greg Miclisse (6'0", 231 - Palm Bay, FL)

And a couple of long shots (that OU could potentially sway), but aren't considered "favorites":

Jamardre Cobb (6'0", 229 - Los Angeles, CA)
Vincent Jackson (6'3", 245 - Tampa, FL)

CatfishSooner
7/15/2013, 07:23 PM
nice...

I'd like to get Dakota!

8timechamps
7/15/2013, 09:43 PM
nice...

I'd like to get Dakota!

If I had to guess, I think we'll get Dakota & Sam. If Maybin decides to commit, and Sam is still waiting, I think Maybin would take Sam's spot.

Fraggle145
7/16/2013, 08:26 AM
**** I think we have room for 3 more. What with all the LBs we took last semester.

stoopified
7/22/2013, 08:37 AM
Sounds promising

Wishboned
7/26/2013, 05:42 PM
Hopefully someday we will be saying, "God Bless Mr. and Mrs. Evans."

8timechamps
7/26/2013, 07:40 PM
Hopefully someday we will be saying, "God Bless Mr. and Mrs. Evans."

I love the fact that both of these guys dreamed about being Sooners. Add in their talent, and that's always a good mix of heart and desire.

In addition, I believe Dakota Allen has set August 12 as his announcement date.

8timechamps
8/1/2013, 06:00 PM
Christian Sam (Tay Evan's teammate) commits to Arizona State today. Mark him off the list. Should be hearing from Dakota Allen over the weekend, keep your fingers crossed.

OUmillenium
8/4/2013, 02:46 AM
Really cool. I remember when Bobby Joe was being recruited. Guess I'm gettin old, too.