PDA

View Full Version : This story orta stop the Bickering fer a few Minutes

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 06:16 PM
Read this and Be thankful
http://news.yahoo.com/video/man-leaves-10-000-tip-210846718.html

Man leaves $10,000 tip after meal of burgers and fries

Bob Erb and his wife were traveling through Saskatchewan, Canada when they stopped into the Old West Express diner in Chamberlain. The couple met the friendly owner Clifford Luther, chatted, and eventually learned that the restaurateur had just hours earlier received the devastating news that his daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Erb said, “I had mentioned you know that I had lost my 26 year old son almost 5 years ago so I understand you know the anxiety and worry.” The out-of-towner was also on a somber voyage, traveling to bury his father’s ashes in the family cemetery. After doing so, 3 days later Erb and his wife traveled back to the Old West Express diner. Erb explained, “I said, ‘Hey, I didn’t get a chance to stop in a bank machine, can I write you a check,’ I said, ‘for lunch?’ ‘No, no, no,’ he says, ‘I’ll buy you lunch.’ I said, ‘No, no, no,’ I said, ‘I’ll leave you a check and a tip.’” Erb paid for the meal of burgers and fries. When Luther saw that the check was written out for $10,000 he became overwhelmed with emotion and was amazed by the kindness of this stranger who had become his friend. "He said, ‘Go out and see your daughter make sure you get out there to see her,’” Luther said, adding, “It just shows how good people can be you know, how, how he had good fortune and he was able to pass it on and I believe he’s a very generous man.” In November of 2012 Bob Erb won a lottery jackpot of $25 million and has given around $7 million to various charities and people he felt could use help. Luther will put the money to use soon and planning a trip to see his daughter in Vancouver.