PDA

View Full Version : Thinning the herd, Part II.

MyT Oklahoma
6/27/2013, 12:22 PM
You know its a really slow news week when I have the time to post this stuff.

I never realized that Aaron Hernandez was a member of the Florida Gator 2008 BCS National Championship team until a couple of days ago. Should make for a really interesting 40th reunion (if he's out by then), huh?

http://gma.yahoo.com/aaron-hernandez-investigated-two-more-murders-sources-tell-154545683--abc-news-topstories.html

Aaron Hernandez Investigated in Two More Murders, Sources Tell ABC News
By MICHELE MCPHEE

Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez is being investigated for possible involvement in a drive-by shooting that left two men dead in Boston last year, ABC News has learned.

On July 15, 2012 a car was ambushed with a barrage of bullets at the corner of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street in Boston's South End. According to a Boston Police report, when officers responded at 2 a.m. they "located three individuals suffering from what appeared to be gunshot wounds. Two of the victims were pronounced deceased on scene."

One of the dead men was found behind the wheel, cops reported. The other was in the front passenger seat. The third victim was treated at Tufts Medical Center in Boston. The slain men were later identified as Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Teixeira Furtado, 28, both of Dorchester, Mass.

Witnesses described to cops a grey SUV-style motor vehicle with Rhode Island plates seen fleeing the scene after the men were shot.

The drive-by shooting erupted hours after Hernandez was witnessed in a nightclub altercation, ABC News has learned.

Hernandez, charged Wednesday with murdering a friend in a dispute earlier this month, is scheduled to be back in court today when his attorneys argue he should be released on bail. His alleged involvement in the earlier shooting was described by four sources. Prosecutors say that shooting began with a dispute at a nightclub.

In between his early-morning arrest and his afternoon court appearance Wednesday, the Patriots released the star player.

Boston police declined to discuss Hernandez's role in the earlier shooting. Hernandez's attorney has not replied to a request for comment.

Hernandez spent the night in jail after being charged with first-degree murder and weapons offenses after prosecutors accused him of "orchestrating" the execution of Odin Lloyd, 27, a semi-pro football player from Boston.

A second man, Carlos Ortiz of Bristol, Conn., has been arrested in connection with the Lloyd killing but officials have so far refused to explain Ortiz's role.

picasso
6/27/2013, 12:27 PM
He caught the Tebow jump pass that sealed our fate. Everyone knew that play was coming.

MyT Oklahoma
6/27/2013, 01:04 PM
Apparently everybody except Venerables.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/27/2013, 03:14 PM
I thought that play was defended about as well as could be. Our defender was all over him.

PalmBeachSooner
6/27/2013, 04:01 PM
He caught the Tebow jump pass that sealed our fate. Everyone knew that play was coming.

Everyone but the defense. :-)

picasso
6/27/2013, 05:52 PM
I thought that play was defended about as well as could be. Our defender was all over him.
Yeah but the trick is to get backside help. My gosh that's an INT waiting to happen.

VA Sooner
6/27/2013, 08:58 PM
The stupid INTs sealed our fate.... one bouncing off the tips of Iggy's hands and stolen away and the other bobbled by Manny. Tough INT's....

VA Sooner
6/27/2013, 08:59 PM
And in reading he evidence against Hernandez, he's toast. Watch your backside in the Pen, Aaron. You'll be there a long time if they don't go for capital punishment.

nighttrain12
6/27/2013, 09:04 PM
And in reading he evidence against Hernandez, he's toast. Watch your backside in the Pen, Aaron. You'll be there a long time if they don't go for capital punishment.

I think Hernandez is a pretty tough and bad dude. It may be some of the other prisoners that gotta watch dropping the soap with him around.

ouflak
6/28/2013, 02:05 AM
Agreed, that and the constant fear of being shanked or otherwise disposed of if you get into an argument with the guy ought to be enough to ensure his level of comfort behind bars.

SoonerinLondon
7/13/2013, 02:40 PM
Our fate was sealed 1) on the first play of the game when our WR was knocked into the next week by the FL DB before the ball got there (not called) and left our WRs intimidated the rest of the game and 2) when KW called the same off-tackle left play on every key 3rd or 4th and short the entire game.

cleller
7/13/2013, 03:59 PM
I think Hernandez is a pretty tough and bad dude. It may be some of the other prisoners that gotta watch dropping the soap with him around.

You'd thing so, but in the screwy world of prison, I'll bet when he first arrives there's also the possibility of someone wanting to raise their status by making the tough NFL dude lose face, whatever. He also suckered and ambushed a brother.... Who knows?

In time, I bet he fits right in, though. He should hope so, its going to be his home for a long, long time.