PDA

View Full Version : How To Slow Down Mexican Illegal Immigration

FaninAma
6/26/2013, 11:30 PM
Have a corporation bailed out by US taxpayers spend hundreds of millions of dollars opening new factories in Mexico. Pure genius.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/06/26/GM-To-Invest-691-Million-In-Mexico

okie52
6/26/2013, 11:43 PM
Ha ha...sending those jobs out of America.

Maybe it's a cunning trap to lure the illegals back to mexico

SanJoaquinSooner
6/27/2013, 12:36 AM
The unions killed the goose that laid the golden eggs.

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 12:58 AM

Speakin of Killin I still think this is fun.

http://www.flashrolls.com/shooting-games/Border-Patrol-Flash-Game.htm

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 01:04 AM

jaun, Why dont you admit that the Main problem started with Cesar Chavez and his UFW deal?
Prior to that, The Migrant workers came followed the harvest then went home. Since then its been hell on the Farmers, the Workers and the every one else in between

SanJoaquinSooner
6/27/2013, 02:07 AM
jaun, Why dont you admit that the Main problem started with Cesar Chavez and his UFW deal?
Prior to that, The Migrant workers came followed the harvest then went home. Since then its been hell on the Farmers, the Workers and the every one else in between

It's a mixed bag with Chavez. He fought against immigrants used as strike replacements and opposed the bracero program. In the end, though, he supported amnesty, for many of them had been braceros when it was legal.

But for the big picture I figure UFW was small potatoes compared to UAW. The UAW more than anyone are the ones who killed the goose.

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 02:11 AM
It's a mixed bag with Chavez. He fought against immigrants used as strike replacements and opposed the bracero program. In the end, though, he supported amnesty, for many of them had been braceros when it was legal.

But for the big picture I figure UFW was small potatoes compared to UAW. The UAW more than anyone are the ones who killed the goose.

I dont see that, but Whatever .
IF they would go back home , I dont think most would have a Prob with them coming here to work.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/27/2013, 02:31 AM
I dont see that, but Whatever .
IF they would go back home , I dont think most would have a Prob with them coming here to work.

If they had assurance they could come back legally, many would take that deal in a New York minute.

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 02:36 AM
If they had assurance they could come back legally, many would take that deal in a New York minute.

See theres the Rub bro. MANY would MAYBE. Not MOST or ALL.
If they would take their families back with them and come here to work then go home would be Ideal.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/27/2013, 08:45 AM
See theres the Rub bro. MANY would MAYBE. Not MOST or ALL.
If they would take their families back with them and come here to work then go home would be Ideal.

There was a time when it was MOST. When Reagan's amnesty bill passed, close to 2 million received green cards, although around 25 million Mexicans had been to the U.S. at least once. So most did go home.

That changed when the price to cross the border skyrocketed. It destroyed circular migration. When the got to the U.S., they didn't go home. They started missing their family and paid to get them smuggled in the U.S.

When the great recession hit, about 1 million went home. About the same number of new ones have been coming over as their are deportations, with a zero net growth in recent years. BUT if they had not established permanent roots in the U.S., many more would have gone home voluntarily when the great recession hit.

That is why a strong guest worker program is key. Actually the pubs want this more than the donks.