PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Illegals!!!!

okie52
6/26/2013, 01:57 PM
Marriage Ruling Allows Gay Partners to Immigrate to US
Wednesday, 26 Jun 2013 01:46 PM

The Supreme Court’s ruling that the federal Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional should immediately open up immigration benefits to same-sex partners in states where their unions are recognized as marriages.

The 5-4 decision ruled that federal benefits pertaining to marriage couples cannot be denied to same-sex couples who are married, and that states can recognize those marriages. The issue at hand was an inheritance case, but analysts said the ruling signals the same principle applies to all federal benefits such as Social Security and taxes.

“This is a huge day not only for the LGBT movement, but also for the immigrant rights’ movement,” said Jorge Gutierrez, who leads the Queer Undocumented Immigrant Project for United We Dream, a group of young illegal immigrants. “This Supreme Court decision affirms that all families and individuals should be treated fairly and with justice.”

Gay and lesbian couples had become a major flashpoint in the immigration debate now on the floor of the Senate. Democrats had said they wanted to use the debate to extend immigration benefits to same-sex couples, but Republicans had warned that would break up the tenuous coalition backing the bill by scaring off Catholic and Evangelical supporters.

Still, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, Vermont Democrat, had filed amendments to the bill that would have pushed the issue. He had not yet raised the amendments on the floor.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2013, 02:32 PM
Shame on you okie. Chuck bao is a u.s. citizen. Put your illegals paintbrush away every now and then.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/26/2013, 02:38 PM
Here comes the flood of gay mexicans!

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Bourbon St Sooner
6/26/2013, 02:57 PM
Here comes the flood of gay mexicans!

We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED

Awesome! Cheap makeovers for everybody! Truly a win-win.

okie52
6/26/2013, 03:18 PM
Shame on you okie. Chuck bao is a u.s. citizen. Put your illegals paintbrush away every now and then.

I don't have a problem with Chuck bringing his lover over here to join him. I don't care about gay marriage one way or the other. In fact I'd probably vote for gay marriage just so I wouldn't have to hear about it again. I do, however, care about illegals bringing their gay lovers over here just as I do care about heterosexual illegals bringing their lovers, parents and children over here to be with them.

In fact, I wish all of the illegals were gay just so they wouldn't be reproducing like rabbits.

Get the picture, juan?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/26/2013, 03:20 PM
kwitcher bitchin'! Enjoy Fairness!

yermom
6/26/2013, 05:43 PM
what does this have to do with illegals?

okie52
6/26/2013, 05:49 PM
You ought to read the article.

yermom
6/26/2013, 07:27 PM
why would an illegal's spouse have any more rights than anyone else?

now if a citizen is gay married to a citizen of another country, then they have a path to get citizenship, etc...

that's what you are whining about, right?

okie52
6/26/2013, 11:11 PM
An illegals spouse shouldn't have any rights at all ...hetero or homo.

The left as in Patrick leahy had tried to include homo couples in the immigration reform but didn't for fear it would kill the bill. Now the supreme court has added that amendment.

That clear it up for ya there poopy pants?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/27/2013, 02:14 AM
An illegals spouse shouldn't have any rights at all ...hetero or homo.

The left as in Patrick leahy had tried to include homo couples in the immigration reform but didn't for fear it would kill the bill. Now the supreme court has added that amendment.

That clear it up for ya there poopy pants?

An "illegals" spouse won't have any special rights. If someone's status is adjusted so they are no longer illegally present, then the spouse may have some rights, given that the spouse will not be an "illegals" spouse.

ouflak
6/27/2013, 02:26 AM
There might be some confusion here. For one thing, in order to qualify for immigration as a spouse, they have to be married. This rule has not changed and is probably not ever going to change within our lifetimes. Only 15 countries even allow for same-sex marriage (and Mexico is definitely not one of them). Civil Unions and other legal partnerships don't count, not for heterosexuals or anybody else.

Another thing, only American citizens or permanent residents can bring their spouses over via the relatively speedy green card process. Other legal visa types have considerably longer waits, usually into years, if it is even possible at all for their category. Illegals have no rights in this regard and never will.

Chuck Bao
6/27/2013, 02:27 AM
I thought that I was straight on this. Now you guys have me so confused.

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 02:41 AM

hell Bro, I stay confused about all of this,

okie52
6/27/2013, 05:38 AM
An "illegals" spouse won't have any special rights. If someone's status is adjusted so they are no longer illegally present, then the spouse may have some rights, given that the spouse will not be an "illegals" spouse.

Illegally present....lol

Good lord nobody said there were any special rights for illegals "lovers" ...just that there shouldn't be any rights at all.

Now if "we are the world passes" then illegals as NOW legal residents will get to bring their gay or hetero lover/spouse to the states.

okie52
6/27/2013, 05:56 AM

Heh ...so now you've gone straight on us?

yermom
6/27/2013, 06:53 AM
Illegally present....lol

Good lord nobody said there were any special rights for illegals "lovers" ...just that there shouldn't be any rights at all.

Now if "we are the world passes" then illegals as NOW legal residents will get to bring their gay or hetero lover/spouse to the states.

i think your paranoia has rotted your brain a little

Midtowner
6/27/2013, 07:56 AM

So go to Canada, or better yet, one of the 12 states which recognize same sex marriage, get married, present the marriage certificate to immigration and they will now recognize your marriage as valid even if you choose to live in Oklahoma--although you'll be filing your Oklahoma state taxes as a single person and your federal taxes as married.

Midtowner
6/27/2013, 07:57 AM
Illegally present....lol

And this will affect you how?

okie52
6/27/2013, 09:05 AM
i think your paranoia has rotted your brain a little

Well you hang onto your delusional thinking...whatever the hell that is.

okie52
6/27/2013, 09:06 AM
And this will affect you how?

Just more illegals being reunited under family reunification....get the picture?