PDA

View Full Version : Christie fans?

okie52
6/25/2013, 05:01 PM
Carville: Christie Has No Chance at 2016 GOP Presidential Nod
Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013 01:23 PM
By Melanie Batley

James Carville says New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie doesn't have a chance at capturing the Republican nomination for president in 2016.

Speaking on MSNBC's "The Ed Show," the former top Clinton campaign strategist said, "If Chris Christie were to get Republican nominations, he would be the equivalent of Superman. They’re not going to nominate him."

Carville added, "You've got to understand who votes in the Iowa caucuses and South Carolina primaries and stuff. This is a Northeast media fantasy that they're going to nominate Chris Christie. … They're going to do no such thing."

Carville said the prospects for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush to win the nomination are also slim, but it's still very early in the election cycle to be seriously discussing it.

"We tend to look pretty far into the future these days. Who knows? I think that [former] Gov. Jeb Bush would have a very difficult time getting Republican nominations. And it's just not me. I think a lot of people agree with that."

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

I see Christie's senate replacement for New Jersey voted for cloture...doubt that will earn Christie any points with the pubs in the primaries.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 06:44 PM
Christie stands a Better chance of gettin the Dem. Nomination.

okie52
6/25/2013, 07:17 PM
I agree

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 08:16 PM
So who is on your short list, Okie?

rock on sooner
6/25/2013, 08:17 PM
The list right now is rilly short!!!!!

REDREX
6/25/2013, 09:22 PM
Christie stands a Better chance of gettin the Dem. Nomination.---I don't agree with that, I think he has a good chance. lets see how he does when he runs for reelection

okie52
6/25/2013, 09:54 PM
So who is on your short list, Okie?

Don't have one Juan...but it won't include any amnesty or anti offshore exploration or anti frackers....Rubio, Christie or Jeb wouldn't be on it

okie52
6/25/2013, 09:56 PM
The list right now is rilly short!!!!!

You are right rock on...I have no idea who I'd vote for right now....but there are several I know I won't vote for.

okie52
6/25/2013, 09:58 PM
---I don't agree with that, I think he has a good chance. lets see how he does when he runs for reelection

Christie signed a bill to ban fracking in NJ. He also came out against drilling offshore in NJ

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 10:56 PM
---I don't agree with that, I think he has a good chance. lets see how he does when he runs for reelection

I DGAS how he does in his Reelection Bid.
The Dems wanta Call a SCOTUS judge "Uncle Thomas" Christie Is nothing more than a Dem In Pubs clothing

SoonerProphet
6/26/2013, 07:35 AM
Maybe this moron will get the gop nod.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/jun/25/report-bolton-encouraged-2016-presidential-run/

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 07:53 AM
Don't think so...Palin would have a better shot....

okie52
6/26/2013, 08:01 AM
Maybe this moron will get the gop nod.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/jun/25/report-bolton-encouraged-2016-presidential-run/

Could he be worse than the dem candidate?

FaninAma
6/26/2013, 08:02 AM
One thing for sure, the election of Obama proved that anybody can be elected President if they run on the Democratic ticket....even an unqualified, unaccomplished, secretive politician from the political cesspool of the nation. If that isn't testament to the low functioning level of a large percentage of our electorate then nothing is.

OU68
6/26/2013, 08:20 AM
One thing for sure, the election of Obama proved that anybody can be elected President if they run on the Democratic ticket....even an unqualified, unaccomplished, secretive politician from the political cesspool of the nation. If that isn't testament to the low functioning level of a large percentage of our electorate then nothing is.

Saw a sign the other day: "My daddy told me anyone can grow up and become president - and now that Obama's been elected, I believe him!"

BigTip
6/26/2013, 08:27 AM
Add Rick Perry to the list of people that are thinking about it.....but shouldn't.

I like him. He's been a good governor. But he's delusional if he thinks he has a chance at prez.

Rand Paul? Why not.

SoonerProphet
6/26/2013, 08:29 AM
Could he be worse than the dem candidate?

Biden, Kerry, and Clinton are equally as meddlesome as Bolton. They all would act as global police chief I am certain. As for Christie, I have not heard much from him foreign policy wise.