PDA

View Full Version : English for the illegals!!!!

okie52
6/25/2013, 04:46 PM
Sen. Fischer Moves to Require English in Immigration Bill
Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013 04:53 PM
By John Gizzi

Amid growing complaints that the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration package now before the Senate lacks a requirement for proficiency in English by immigrants seeking citizenship, Republican Sen. Deb Fischer of Nebraska has offered an amendment to require precisely that.

Under Fischer's Amendment 1348, illegal aliens will be considered ineligible for amnesty if they cannot meet minimal English language standards set forth in existing U.S. law.

The Fischer amendment, widely hailed by Pro-English and other groups supporting English as the official U.S. language, is the first measure to set language standards as perquisites for citizenship.

As the lack of any firm requirement for mastery of English becomes known on the eve of a vote, lawmakers are moving quickly to resolve the problem.

Along with Fischer's amendment, Republican Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma has offered amendments to make English the official language of the U.S. and to bar employers from lawsuits from alleged discrimination against non-English speakers.

John Gizzi is chief political columnist and White House correspondent for Newsmax.

Thanks Obama!!!

Soonerjeepman
6/25/2013, 05:55 PM
was at the kc zoo sunday...EVERY frickin sign was in both english and spanish...geeze.

okie52
6/25/2013, 06:16 PM
was at the kc zoo sunday...EVERY frickin sign was in both english and spanish...geeze.

Maybe the animals speak Spanish.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 06:53 PM
Maybe the animals speak Spanish.

Naw, I think they just sound like they are speaking the same language

okie52
6/25/2013, 07:15 PM
Heh...

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 08:21 PM

Under Fischer's Amendment 1348, illegal aliens will be considered ineligible for amnesty if they cannot meet minimal English language standards set forth in existing U.S. law.

Thanks Obama!!!

I'm curious what this means. Re: existing law: The minimal English language standards for a green card (permanent residency): none.

There are minimal English standards for citizenship, but green card holders are never required to become citizens. They can stay permanent residents for life if they choose.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/25/2013, 08:36 PM
I'm curious what this means. Re: existing law: The minimal English language standards for a green card (permanent residency): none.

There are minimal English standards for citizenship, but green card holders are never required to become citizens. They can stay permanent residents for life if they choose.not to worry. They get their democrat votes.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 09:23 PM
not to worry. They get their democrat votes.

I think you posted this in the wrong thread, Rush.

okie52
6/25/2013, 09:50 PM

There are minimal English standards for citizenship, but green card holders are never required to become citizens. They can stay permanent residents for life if they choose.

Maybe they're upping the standards for the citizens and greenies just because they were lawbreakers.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/26/2013, 02:10 AM
I think you posted this in the wrong thread, Rush.Nice PI! What makes you say that?