PDA

View Full Version : GOP Voters Rising UP!!!!

okie52
6/25/2013, 04:29 PM
GOP Voters to Lawmakers: Don't Support Immigration Bill
Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013 03:21 PM
By Courtney Coren

A Republican lawmaker who votes for immigration reform will do so at his or her own peril, according to a new poll released late Monday.

The latest United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection found that 49 percent of Republican adults surveyed said they are less likely to support GOP incumbents for re-election if they vote for a bill that includes a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Only 15 percent of Republicans said they would be more likely to support incumbents who vote for it.

The telephone poll of 1,005 adults conducted June 20-23, also found that 19 percent of Democrats would be less likely to vote for a lawmaker who supports immigration reform, while 49 percent said it makes no difference to them how lawmakers voted. Twenty-nine percent of Democrats, however, said they would be more likely to support incumbents who do vote for a bill legalizing undocumented immigrants.

Among all survey participants, 42 percent said how a lawmaker votes on the issue would not really affect their support for an incumbent one way or the other, while 33 percent said a vote in favor of the bill would make it less likely they would support their senator or congressman for re-election.

The Senate immigration bill cleared an important hurdle Monday, when a border security amendment was cleared in a procedural vote 67 to 27, with 15 Republicans supporting it.

Conservatives around the country, including columnist Ann Coulter, warned of trouble ahead for any Republicans who support the Senate bill in a final vote. Coulter, according to the National Journal, offered to support any GOP candidates in a primary election against the senators who vote for the measure. Coulter's sentiments are reflect in the opinions of a large portion of Republicans surveyed in this latest poll.

Even if this bill doesn't pass I would vote against any GOP candidate that supported it. Glad to see others feel the same way.

Soonerjeepman
6/25/2013, 06:03 PM
yup

Sooner Eclipse
6/25/2013, 09:08 PM
Yep, Amen.

Tea Party Patriots are raising money to primary any Pub who votes for this bull****.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 09:25 PM
Any pub presidential nominee who supports immigration reform is more likely to get my vote.

Sooner Eclipse
6/25/2013, 09:32 PM
Any pub presidential nominee who supports immigration reform is more likely to get my vote.

For any 1 he picks up, he'll lose 3 from his traditional voting block.

okie52
6/25/2013, 09:47 PM

Who could ignore that?

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 10:46 PM
Of the last 6 elections, the pubs have lost the majority vote 5 times. 2004 is the lone exception when Dubya picked up 44% of the Latino vote.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 10:56 PM
For any 1 he picks up, he'll lose 3 from his traditional voting block.

pubs are funny about these things. Some would rather see President Hillary appoint Supreme Court justices than see President Rubio do so. A suffering hero phenomenon.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 10:57 PM
pubs are funny about these things. Some would rather see President Hillary than President Rubio. A suffering hero phenomenon.

I'd rather see President jaun as Any ****in Dem

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 11:02 PM
I'd rather see President jaun as Any ****in Dem

"A kiosk for every garage" could be my campaign slogan.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 11:09 PM
"A kiosk for every garage" could be my campaign slogan.

Hell, I thot it would Be a Bowl of frijoles and a sack of Peppers fer every pot.

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 07:57 AM
Hell, I thot it would Be a Bowl of frijoles and a sack of Peppers fer every pot.

:biggrin:

FaninAma
6/26/2013, 08:03 AM
Screw the latino vote if it means becoming more like the cesspools to the south.

okie52
6/26/2013, 03:28 PM
Palin: Rubio and Ayotte Should Face Primary Challenges
Wednesday, 26 Jun 2013 02:56 PM
By Sandy Fitzgerald

Republican Sens. Marco Rubio and Kelly Ayotte will face consequences at the polls for their support of the Senate's immigration bill, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin promised Wednesday.

"Conservatives are getting ready for the 2014 and 2016 primaries," she told Breitbart News. "Competition makes everyone work harder, be better, and be held accountable. This applies to politics, too. No one is 'entitled' to anything."

Palin told Fox News Radio Tuesday that Rubio and Ayotte "turned their back" on voters. Both Rubio, of Florida, and Ayotte, of New Hampshire, are up for re-election in 2016.

"Every politician should be held accountable for breaking their campaign promises," Palin told Fox. "They turned their back on the American public, so why should they not be held accountable?"

Rubio had promised that border security would come first and that he wouldn't support legalization of illegal immigrants while running in the Florida primary in 2010. Meanwhile, Ayotte, who Palin said she endorsed, had promised on her website in 2010 that there were "no excuses" for not securing the border.

Both should be challenged during the Republican primaries, Palin said.

"I don't have a problem with heated debates and contested primaries where they have to answer to constituents regarding their flip-flopping on such a fundamental position as amnesty for illegal immigrants," she said.

Palin said she had said "nice things" about Rubio in the past, until he "blatantly flip-flopped on his position on immigration, on amnesty, and border security."

The two senators voted on Monday, along with 13 other Republicans, to end debate on an amendment to secure the border, and Palin said their failure "gives us more reasons not to trust politicians, not to trust our government, unfortunately."

Midtowner
6/26/2013, 03:34 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081110024604/fark/images/7/7c/Wharrgarbl.jpg

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 03:41 PM
"Every politician should be held accountable for breaking their
campaign promises". Does that include resigning from office
halfway through the first term? Such an authority....

okie52
6/26/2013, 03:50 PM
"Every politician should be held accountable for breaking their
campaign promises". Does that include resigning from office
halfway through the first term? Such an authority....

Better not speak about the president that way.

SoonerStormchaser
6/26/2013, 04:27 PM

Jaun, what part of ILLEGAL do you not get? Why should Mexicans who come across the border ILLEGALLY get to the front of the line while there are folks like Filipinos who usually wait 10-15 years to emigrate here legally?

ouwasp
6/26/2013, 05:49 PM
I'm in a surly mood because of the homosexual bliss today. Ain't got no time for the ILLEGAL alien bliss that is coming...

okie52
6/26/2013, 05:51 PM
I'm in a surly mood because of the homosexual bliss today. Ain't got no time for the ILLEGAL alien bliss that is coming...

Then you would really be mad about the illegal alien gay bliss.

okie52
6/26/2013, 06:21 PM
McCain: Immigration Bill to Pass Senate 'Overwhelmingly'
Wednesday, 26 Jun 2013 06:26 PM
By Todd Beamon
Sen. John McCain predicted on Wednesday that the sweeping immigration legislation making its way through the U.S. Senate was going to "overwhelmingly" pass with "good, solid" GOP support.

"Oh it's going to, overwhelmingly," the Arizona Republican told Neil Cavuto on Fox News. "We'd like to see more Republican senators, frankly, than we’re probably going to see — but we are going to see a significant number of both Republican and Democratic votes."

McCain, the 2008 GOP presidential candidate, is among the bipartisan "Gang of Eight" senators who introduced the reform bill in April. It passed the Senate Judiciary Committee last month with amendments, and has been debated on the Senate floor over several weeks.

Behind the scenes, McCain has been lobbying wary GOP senators about the proposed legislation, which contains provisions to increase border security. He said that the climate for immigration reform was far different now in the Upper Chamber than when the bill was first proposed.

"There's no doubt about it. It's vastly different," McCain told Cavuto. "We're going to get in the high 60s number of votes — and we will get a good, solid Republican vote out of it.

"We have made enormous progress," he continued. "Do we have enormous hurdles ahead of us? Yes."

That includes a Republican-controlled House of Representatives, where many legislators continue to attack the bill’s assurances on border security and to label the legislation "amnesty."

Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky predicted this week that the immigration bill was "dead on arrival" in the House — and Texas GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert has charged that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano "doesn't even have a clue" as to whether the nation's borders are safe from illegal immigration.

McCain acknowledged to Cavuto the difficulty ahead in getting the reform bill through the House.

"We have to work along with the business community, along with the growers, along with the evangelicals — along with this broad coalition — to try to convince our colleagues, in a friendly fashion, that they should take up this legislation, pass it — and let’s go to conference," McCain said.

The bill, he noted, had "iron-clad triggers" on border security, including the hiring of 20,000 additional U.S. Border Patrol agents, doubling the current number on duty.

"This will be the most-well-defended border since the Berlin Wall went down," McCain said, referring to the 1989 dismantling of the barrier that separated West Berlin from East Germany and East Berlin.

"For those people who say this isn’t good enough, their problem is not border security," he added. "It’s other problems they have with legislation that would bring 11 million people out of the shadows."

I thought that Schumer, McCain, Rubio, et al were insisting that they needed 70 or more votes to send a message to the house....I guess that was before they realized they can't get it.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/26/2013, 07:11 PM
For any 1 he picks up, he'll lose 3 from his traditional voting block.Do you believe SJS would vote for a republican?..maybe he will vote for the RINO in the R primary, but that RINO will lose 4 outa 4 votes in the general, with a whole lot of R's, (maybe most of them) sitting out.

ouwasp
6/26/2013, 07:32 PM
Then you would really be mad about the illegal alien gay bliss.

Yes. Thanks for adding to my angst. When can football begin so that I may better ignore the issues of today...

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 08:15 PM
Better not speak about the president that way.

Welp, there IS a difference...which one you want..someone who
"intelligently" contributes or one who "intelligently" steps out and
who ignorantly embarrasses herself, her party, her supporters and
humanity in general with monumental stupidity, overreaching drivel
and an inordinate amount of chutzpah, just for the publicity? Just
asking....

6/26/2013, 08:52 PM
one who "intelligently" steps out and
asking....What a tool you are!

YOUR Media got her good. They get just about all they are after. Still undamaged for the most part is Joe Arpaio, although they have conjured up some new laws that restrict him. They have tried their damndest to eliminate him, but he hangs in there.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2013, 09:03 PM
Do you believe SJS would vote for a republican?..maybe he will vote for the RINO in the R primary, but that RINO will lose 4 outa 4 votes in the general, with a whole lot of R's, (maybe most of them) sitting out.

I've voted for several pubs. I voted for McCain in 08, Gov. Arnold twice, and Bill Clinton twice, who was a liberal republican. I also voted for former pub Gary Johnson in the 2012 election.

I will consider voting for a moderate, libertarian pub over a union liberal donk. I would have voted for Jon Huntsman in 12, had he won the primary.

diverdog
6/26/2013, 09:08 PM
What a tool you are!

YOUR Media got her good. They get just about all they are after. Still undamaged for the most part is Joe Arpaio, although they have conjured up some new laws that restrict him. They have tried their damndest to eliminate him, but he hangs in there.

You are the last one on this board who should be calling someone a tool......bubbleman.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2013, 09:13 PM
I thought that Schumer, McCain, Rubio, et al were insisting that they needed 70 or more votes to send a message to the house....I guess that was before they realized they can't get it.o

When you're getting you *** kicked by a 2-1 margin, somehow you gotta spin it as a victory.

"Well Billy Bob, they were supposed to kick our *** much worse, those losers!!"

okie52
6/26/2013, 09:36 PM
Welp, there IS a difference...which one you want..someone who
"intelligently" contributes or one who "intelligently" steps out and
asking....

Well golly gee there rockon....I thought we were talking about politicians that broke their campaign promises by not staying in office as they had promised their constituents just a few years before....

I guess you didn't find that similarity very funny.

Palin hasn't shown up very well ...at least IMO....but Obama contributing intelligently? Heh heh...now you've got me laughing.

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2013, 09:39 PM
Zing!!!!!

okie52
6/26/2013, 09:40 PM
o

When you're getting you *** kicked by a 2-1 margin, somehow you gotta spin it as a victory.

"Well Billy Bob, they were supposed to kick our *** much worse, those losers!!"

Those were their numbers juan...not the oppositions. You know...so they could persuade the house on what a good bill it was and how everyone in the senate was so enchanted with this wonderful amnesty.

Can we get a round of kumbaya or we are the world?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/27/2013, 12:58 PM
I just sent back the RNC solitication that told them I would be watching and will not send any money in if any RINO votes for the AMNESTY bill. I told them I would quit voting repub if they vote this in...

okie52
6/27/2013, 01:41 PM
I just sent back the RNC solitication that told them I would be watching and will not send any money in if any RINO votes for the AMNESTY bill. I told them I would quit voting repub if they vote this in...

Bravo!!!!

6/27/2013, 04:21 PM
I just sent back the RNC solitication that told them I would be watching and will not send any money in if any RINO votes for the AMNESTY bill. I told them I would quit voting repub if they vote this in...Game over! The R's are scared shi*less of the Democrats and their Media, and will do pretty much what they are told by the Left, now.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/27/2013, 05:03 PM
Where do I send my check to the "Rubio for President" fund?

BoulderSooner79
6/27/2013, 05:25 PM
Whew! I just saw the title of this thread and I thought old, white, dead guys were turning into zombies.

okie52
6/27/2013, 05:29 PM
Where do I send my check to the "Rubio for President" fund?

Here you go juan.

http://www.minutemanhq.com/

Minuteman Civil Defense
P.O. Box 1310
Herndon, VA 20172

Hope this helps...

okie52
6/27/2013, 06:05 PM
But the legislation does not come without political costs to some.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., recognized that his key role in the debate may cost him his 2014 re-election back home.

"As for my politics. I am doing great among Hispanics in South Carolina. The bad news is that there are not very many who vote in a Republican primary," Graham joked. "But I have never been more proud to be a senator as I have been today. This is a day I have been hoping and waiting for."

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., a potential 2016 presidential contender, has had to cautiously walk the tightrope between his support for the bipartisan bill and close relationship with the tea party. Many who once saw Rubio as a solid conservative choice have accused him of abandoning his conservative principles.

I'll love it if Lindsay bites the dust...along with McCain, Rubio and the others that voted for this travesty.

6/27/2013, 06:40 PM
I'll love it if Lindsay bites the dust...along with McCain, Rubio and the others that voted for this travesty.either they are total fools(this gets my vote) or are fully ready to switch parties, to el diablo and his band of demons

rock on sooner
6/27/2013, 07:58 PM
Well golly gee there rockon....I thought we were talking about politicians that broke their campaign promises by not staying in office as they had promised their constituents just a few years before....

I guess you didn't find that similarity very funny.

Palin hasn't shown up very well ...at least IMO....but Obama contributing intelligently? Heh heh...now you've got me laughing.

Welp, I got what I was expecting, by throwing stones at Palin, RLIMC,
TF and Okie spoke up. Really hard to believe that all of you would rise
to support her. Campaign promises, working for those who elected her
for only a while and quitting to make many dollars (don't begrudge that),
and then showing so much ignorance on the stump! MSM roasted her and
she deserved it. MSM will roast ANYONE that was/is that ill-informed, in
case you hadn't noticed, the MSM is hitting Obama pretty hard.

6/27/2013, 08:14 PM
case you hadn't noticed, the MSM is hitting Obama pretty hard.Yeah, they're rilly going after Him, super bigtime. Find that Obeary bracket thread for a fairly super-humungus list of some of the things He's done that would bury anyone not a d.

okie52
6/27/2013, 09:10 PM
Welp, I got what I was expecting, by throwing stones at Palin, RLIMC,
TF and Okie spoke up. Really hard to believe that all of you would rise
to support her. Campaign promises, working for those who elected her
for only a while and quitting to make many dollars (don't begrudge that),
and then showing so much ignorance on the stump! MSM roasted her and
she deserved it. MSM will roast ANYONE that was/is that ill-informed, in
case you hadn't noticed, the MSM is hitting Obama pretty hard.

Not a palin fan rockon...just make sure when you throw stones your guy's not guilty of the same thing.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/15/2013, 03:06 PM
Count me in. I will vote against any MF that votes for Amnesty,

7/15/2013, 04:15 PM
any R voting for the amnesty is just agreeing to political suicide.

SanJoaquinSooner
7/15/2013, 04:31 PM
Jaun, what part of ILLEGAL do you not get? Why should Mexicans who come across the border ILLEGALLY get to the front of the line while there are folks like Filipinos who usually wait 10-15 years to emigrate here legally?

There are also Mexicans who have been waiting in line 15 years. Two of them of my sisters-in-law. And they can't get tourist visas while the wait. They were teenagers when their parents got green cards. They can't ****ing come to visit their own parents. Canadians don't need either kind of visa to visit.

The immigration reform senate bill will expedite those who have been waiting in line. Filipinos, and Indians, and Chinese, etc who have been waiting for years will get their visas sooner.

Pubs have done NOTHING to facilitate those who have patiently been waiting in line. Pubs have done NOTHING to allow those waiting in line to visit as tourists. **** them.

okie52
7/15/2013, 06:25 PM
There are also Mexicans who have been waiting in line 15 years. Two of them of my sisters-in-law. And they can't get tourist visas while the wait. They were teenagers when their parents got green cards. They can't ****ing come to visit their own parents. Canadians don't need either kind of visa to visit.

The immigration reform senate bill will expedite those who have been waiting in line. Filipinos, and Indians, and Chinese, etc who have been waiting for years will get their visas sooner.

Pubs have done NOTHING to facilitate those who have patiently been waiting in line. Pubs have done NOTHING to allow those waiting in line to visit as tourists. **** them.

You pissed off juan? For once in a long time I might be proud to be a pub if they kill that POS senate amnesty you long for so much.

750,000 new naturalized citizens every year not enough for you and Mexico? We owe it to them, right? Wouldn't want all of those einsteins to go somewhere else.

7/15/2013, 06:31 PM
It IS America's(Read:Bush, W, Reagan, Nixon, Ike, Coolidge, etc.)fault that most of the citizens of Mexico coming to the USA are unskilled and looking for government care, ain't it?