PDA

View Full Version : Land sellin question

olevetonahill
6/24/2013, 09:28 PM
Been 30 years or better since I was a real estate broker. Not sure what IF anything much has changed.

Some Folk contacted me wantin to buy a small acreage, I priced it to em over the Phone , they interested enough to come look.
Is there anything gonna require me to sell it to em If I dont LIKE the way they look. Or act.? Not meaning Race cause IDGAS about that. Im more thinkin these Meth head tweakers and ****.

Oh well If I dont and they try to sue Ill make em suffer some how

cleller
6/25/2013, 08:02 AM
Well, it seems like if its something you own, and have not listed it with a broker at a certain price, you've got no obligation to sell if you don't feel like it.

Suppose they look at it, and make a counter offer, you could always say that you have a better existing offer, blah blah, derka derka.

Shoot, if its rural land like that, you could always just say you changed your mind. Not like its a house in town you're refusing to sell to someone because they're from the wrong side of the tracks.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 08:29 AM
Well, it seems like if its something you own, and have not listed it with a broker at a certain price, you've got no obligation to sell if you don't feel like it.

Suppose they look at it, and make a counter offer, you could always say that you have a better existing offer, blah blah, derka derka.

Shoot, if its rural land like that, you could always just say you changed your mind. Not like its a house in town you're refusing to sell to someone because they're from the wrong side of the tracks.

Yea Kinda My thots.

rock on sooner
6/25/2013, 09:36 AM
As far as I know, everywhere I've been, unless you enter into
a contract, written, legal, notarized, etc. you are under no
obligation to sell personal property, if you change your mind.
Property is often pulled from the market by brokers, realtors,
car dealers, etc, so why can't you do it personally.

I'd not put it back on the market publicly any time soon, though.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/25/2013, 11:50 PM
Did they show up? Were they crackheads?

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 11:57 PM
Did they show up? Were they crackheads?

Naw , They Gonna "Call Me Maybe"
**** em
Found out from 2 different Neighbors They were Skeered shatless to come up my Hill and Talk to me. **** em
:sneakiness:

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2013, 12:09 AM
Naw , They Gonna "Call Me Maybe"
**** em
Found out from 2 different Neighbors They were Skeered shatless to come up my Hill and Talk to me. **** em
:sneakiness:

must have heard about your moat w/ pet alligators.

olevetonahill
6/26/2013, 12:12 AM
must have heard about your moat w/ pet alligators.

Naw the F&G PoPo came took him, They have heard that a few folks have heard the Loud report of a Firearm followed By a singing noise going by their ears.

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 07:49 AM
Ya mean they dint recognize high caliber stay the hell away?

OU68
6/26/2013, 08:03 AM
Did ya tell em you're usually nekkid?

olevetonahill
6/26/2013, 09:08 AM
Did ya tell em you're usually nekkid?

Heh. Gettin a sign fer the bottom of the Hill
"Owner is Armed and Nekked
Enter at yer own risk"

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2013, 09:33 PM
Were they darkies?

olevetonahill
6/26/2013, 11:42 PM
Were they darkies?

No Clue, Never seed em. My Nam vet neigbor said He didnt like the way they looked so I told him that was good enough for me
Sides they never did call back.

Jacie
6/27/2013, 09:27 AM
Does that acreage include the mineral rights?

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 09:41 AM
Does that acreage include the mineral rights?

Hell no. I aint stupid.

Sooner24
6/27/2013, 03:58 PM
Hell no. I aint stupid.

Just remember if you still have a real estate license and are selling your own property you have to state upfront that you are a realtor. Got my license 5 years ago while I was working for at&t but have never done anything with it. I guess I'm just enjoying my time being my time and not needing the money since I retired. Although it's getting more and more to the point I find myself wanting to do something just to get back in a routine.

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 04:19 PM
Let that expire years ago.