PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss recruiting methods...

Ruf/Nek7
6/24/2013, 09:19 PM
http://247sports.com/Board/30/Bad-news-for-Ole-Miss-19500433/1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

After seeing this, I am not sure how Ole Miss could ever land another black athlete. My guess, Saban organized and funded this event. Wasn't about to see an in state 5* CB go to Ole Miss.

thecrimsoncrusader
6/25/2013, 06:11 AM
Dirtiest program in the nation right now at least for this past recruiting season. It will be quite amusing if they still suck in the upcoming years despite cheating.

texaspokieokie
6/25/2013, 08:11 AM
At least 2 (maybe more) hi schools in tx are named after Robert E Lee.

badger
6/25/2013, 08:18 AM
Ole Miss recruiting event:

1- Hot campus girls
2- Hide the Confederate Flags
3- Have the band play songs that do not end with the crowd shouting "The South Will Rise Again!"
4- Extinguish any crosses that are currently on fire
5- Chant SEC a lot
6- Reminders everywhere than the quarterback named "Manning" went there; change subject if recruit asks "Peyton?"
7- Hide the stupid new mascot (it's OK, OU probably does this with our horsepigs too)
8- Umm... more hot chicks?
9- Remind recruit that SEC now includes a Texas school (while hiding any reminders that they lost to Texas last season)
10- Chant SEC again as recruit leaves

cleller
6/25/2013, 08:57 AM
Has anybody bothered to re-visit the issue to see that the athlete was lying, did not visit the campus, has now apologized, and is a likely Bama commit?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/marlon-humphrey-calls-ole-miss-racist/

kbsooner21
6/25/2013, 09:06 AM
Has anybody bothered to re-visit the issue to see that the athlete was lying, did not visit the campus, has now apologized, and is a likely Bama commit?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/marlon-humphrey-calls-ole-miss-racist/

Now why let the truth get in the way of a good story? :highly_amused:

badger
6/25/2013, 04:17 PM
Has anybody bothered to re-visit the issue to see that the athlete was lying

OK fine, I'll revisit it my Ole Miss recruiting list:

1- Paperclip money to scholarship offer letter.
2- Stuff money into seat of vehicle driving recruit to campus.
3- Shake BOTH recruit's hands, $100 in each hand.
4- Hot campus girls introduced to recruit. $100 stuffed in hot campus girls' bra for recruit to handle (bra and/or money, recruit's choice)
5- Present $1,000 check to recruit's mom, saying "This a down payment on a letter of intent if you verbal today."
6- Present $999 check to recruit, saying "Momma always comes first, young man."
7- Whisper to recruit later while handing recruit $10,000 check: "Just kidding, here's your real check... but you can keep the first one too."
8- Chant "SEC" while letting money rain down on recruit from top of football stadium.
9- Recruit leaves in vehicle with unlocked briefcase, which is filled with $100s.
10- Send recruit bow tie and suspenders to wear on signing day... $100s in pockets of dress pants!
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/7719189/hat_1_-_1.0_standard_352.0.jpg

MyT Oklahoma
6/25/2013, 06:11 PM
Classic!

BigJerm7
6/25/2013, 08:01 PM
Chris Kiffin. That is all.

cleller
6/26/2013, 07:56 AM
What we have here is a clear case of 21st Century intolerance and oppression.

That is, fear of allowing Ole Miss to rise again. First it was me - the beloved Colonel (see avatar); now they're trying to kill the resurgence of the football program.

The Kiffin thing is a little worrisome, though.

cherokeebrewer
6/26/2013, 10:28 AM
At least 2 (maybe more) hi schools in tx are named after Robert E Lee.

Having spent yrs working in Texas, I can name these off the top of my head...Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Midland, Baytown, Tyler

Robert E. Lee's birthday was celebrated as a State holiday

badger
6/26/2013, 10:46 AM
That is, fear of allowing Ole Miss to rise again.

I know, right? If we let them resurge too much, they might win the SEC west for the first time since 2003! OH! And then if they REALLY get a resurgence going, they might win the SEC for the first time since the 60s.

We've gotta keep Ole Miss grounded, or they might make their first-ever appearance in an SEC title game. :rolleyes:

Mac94
6/26/2013, 11:03 AM

We do have a Confederate Hero's holiday here ... at least us state employees so. :P

cherokeebrewer
6/26/2013, 11:28 AM
We do have a Confederate Hero's holiday here ... at least us state employees so. :P

Hey now, I worked for the Texas Highway Patrol for 3 years, but wife and kids got hungry so I moved on to Air Traffic Control...

texaspokieokie
6/26/2013, 11:39 AM
Having spent yrs working in Texas, I can name these off the top of my head...Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Midland, Baytown, Tyler

I could think of only Midland & Tyler.

Kinda surprised that aclu or some other group of nutjobs haven't tried to make them all change their names.

Everything else in tx is named after someone @ the alamo or Chester Nimitz.

cleller
6/26/2013, 04:33 PM
Lee amassed quite a resume both prior to and after the civil war, and was one of the figures both South and North trusted in the years immediately following the war.

He was a hero of the Mexican American war, and superintendent of West Point in the 1850s. Undoubtedly, his fame during the war greatly endeared him to Southerners, but to strip his name from history would be short sighted and ridiculous. Therefore, I agree, its unbelievable the current PC police-types haven't already dredged him in hatred.

picasso
6/26/2013, 05:30 PM
You in Mississippi now buoy!

Mazeppa
6/26/2013, 09:13 PM
I heard this lady was there.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mrfjnn.jpg

Sabanball
6/26/2013, 11:09 PM
http://247sports.com/Board/30/Bad-news-for-Ole-Miss-19500433/1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

After seeing this, I am not sure how Ole Miss could ever land another black athlete. My guess, Saban organized and funded this event. Wasn't about to see an in state 5* CB go to Ole Miss.

How did you find out?

Ruf/Nek7
6/27/2013, 09:05 AM
Lee amassed quite a resume both prior to and after the civil war, and was one of the figures both South and North trusted in the years immediately following the war.

He was a hero of the Mexican American war, and superintendent of West Point in the 1850s. Undoubtedly, his fame during the war greatly endeared him to Southerners, but to strip his name from history would be short sighted and ridiculous. Therefore, I agree, its unbelievable the current PC police-types haven't already dredged him in hatred.

He was also requested by President Lincoln to be the General of the Union Army as the emminence of war increased. Lee respectively said no only because he wanted to fight with his men he had trained with in the Virginia militia and not against them.

Ruf/Nek7
6/27/2013, 09:06 AM
How did you find out?

I have my sources...which apparently suck since this story isn't FREAKIN TRUE!

badger
6/27/2013, 09:14 AM
How did you find out?

Look Sabie, it's real nice that you've gotten 3 crystal footballs in the past few years and all, but you are letting your crazies control your asylum.

Is it too much to ask to expect you stamp your inferiors down a bit in your almighty SEC, or do you just have to wait for their athletes to discover synthetic marijuana?

Next time your bratty kids say "I want a bunch of 5 star recruits too, daddy!" I want you to give them more than tough love.

Sabanball
6/28/2013, 12:36 AM
Look Sabie, it's real nice that you've gotten 3 crystal footballs in the past few years and all, but you are letting your crazies control your asylum.

Is it too much to ask to expect you stamp your inferiors down a bit in your almighty SEC, or do you just have to wait for their athletes to discover synthetic marijuana?

Next time your bratty kids say "I want a bunch of 5 star recruits too, daddy!" I want you to give them more than tough love.

I don't know...with Saban exercising secret mind control over the whole conference, it might be too late for any of that.

cleller
7/14/2013, 08:46 AM
While you all were away, a consensus was reached that this story is totally bogus; a ploy from an increasingly vainglorious Bama squad.

If roles and races were reversed, the idiot would be playing at Northwest Alaska State next year. So should this kid.