7 of 9.

Yummmm !!

5-0

KantoSooner
6/23/2013, 01:44 PM
Smokin'

KantoSooner
6/23/2013, 01:56 PM
What would your best/worst villain list be? The Borg would need to be up there. How about 'Q'? Is he even a villain?

Candidates for best line:

1. "Make it so."
2. "Cap'n, the dilithium crystals no can stand the strain!"
3. "Damnit Jim, I'm just a country doctor!"
4. "That is not logical"
5. "Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Tulsa_Fireman
6/23/2013, 02:15 PM
"You're outta yer vulcan mind!"

SicEmBaylor
6/23/2013, 02:17 PM
"You must feed him and talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed the cat." -- Worf

Tulsa_Fireman
6/23/2013, 02:20 PM
Sisko was a tool. That whole show sucked monkey balls.

And how you don't make Scotty and McCoy tops on those lists is insanity.

SoonerStormchaser
6/24/2013, 02:11 AM
Sisko was a tool. That whole show sucked monkey balls.

I was never really a fan of DS9 or Voyager. Then I went through the entire DS9 series on my 6.5 month deployment...\
The writing really started to improve with season 3...and by the time I got to the series finale, I actually thought they ended it a season early.
"Far Beyond the Stars" is probably one of the best written episodes of the entire Star Trek cannon.

And don't get me started on JJ Abrams...mostly cause I am a purist when it comes to the genre. But if he's really out to re-make the original series, can he at least re-make the piece of **** movies like Star Trek V instead of re-doing a classic like Wrath of Khan? The sole reason I even watched the first one was because of Karl Urban...he NAILED McCoy!

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2013, 09:21 AM
I was never really a fan of DS9 or Voyager. Then I went through the entire DS9 series on my 6.5 month deployment...\
The writing really started to improve with season 3...and by the time I got to the series finale, I actually thought they ended it a season early.
"Far Beyond the Stars" is probably one of the best written episodes of the entire Star Trek cannon.

And don't get me started on JJ Abrams...mostly cause I am a purist when it comes to the genre. But if he's really out to re-make the original series, can he at least re-make the piece of **** movies like Star Trek V instead of re-doing a classic like Wrath of Khan? The sole reason I even watched the first one was because of Karl Urban...he NAILED McCoy!

DS9 was excellent starting with the third season. A big improvement based upon the fact that they started to serialize the story lines which Gene Rodenberry had always been utterly opposed to (wrongly, imo). Voyager was an all around dumpster fire although even it had its moments -- by far it was the worst of the Star Trek series. The absolute best writing and story lines were from Star Trek: Enterprise. Enterprise is way way way the hell underrated.

As for the movies, I've always hated Wrath of Khan. Star Trek V was awesome. I've never understood the appeal of the Wrath of Khan, but it doesn't do much for me. Also, I kind of reject the idea of being a Star Trek purist. Purism would mean that the new Star Trek movies likely would never have been made. I understand issues with the canon that the new movies create; however, I'd rather have some new Star Trek to watch than never seeing it on the big screen again. Not to mention the fact that the new movies bring Star Trek to millions of people who likely would otherwise have no interest in the series. Not to mention the fact that the new movies may very well spawn a new series some day.

So JJ Abrams has been fantastic for Star Trek.

olevetonahill
6/24/2013, 09:32 AM
Some of Yall got way too much time on yer hands If you even have a clue about much of this. The only Star Trek I ever watched was Kirk, Spock and Gang.

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2013, 09:53 AM
Some of Yall got way too much time on yer hands If you even have a clue about much of this. The only Star Trek I ever watched was Kirk, Spock and Gang.
You could easily say the same about any interest that anyone has at any time and any place.

olevetonahill
6/24/2013, 10:08 AM
You could easily say the same about any interest that anyone has at any time and any place.

Heh, Guess I just never had much time after 68 er so to live in a fantasy world of make believe.

KantoSooner
6/24/2013, 10:55 AM
So you eschew all fiction?

olevetonahill
6/24/2013, 10:57 AM
So you eschew all fiction?

Dint say that, Just said I never had time for it Back then, Kinda busy tryin to stay alive, then raise a family, Now that I have time I aint got much interest in TeeVee, Movies and such. Do read a Hell of a lot tho.

badger
6/24/2013, 11:07 AM
I liked Whoopi Goldberg's occasional cameos :)

SoonerStormchaser
6/24/2013, 12:32 PM
DS9 was excellent starting with the third season. A big improvement based upon the fact that they started to serialize the story lines which Gene Rodenberry had always been utterly opposed to (wrongly, imo). Voyager was an all around dumpster fire although even it had its moments -- by far it was the worst of the Star Trek series. The absolute best writing and story lines were from Star Trek: Enterprise. Enterprise is way way way the hell underrated.

As for the movies, I've always hated Wrath of Khan. Star Trek V was awesome. I've never understood the appeal of the Wrath of Khan, but it doesn't do much for me. Also, I kind of reject the idea of being a Star Trek purist. Purism would mean that the new Star Trek movies likely would never have been made. I understand issues with the canon that the new movies create; however, I'd rather have some new Star Trek to watch than never seeing it on the big screen again. Not to mention the fact that the new movies bring Star Trek to millions of people who likely would otherwise have no interest in the series. Not to mention the fact that the new movies may very well spawn a new series some day.

So JJ Abrams has been fantastic for Star Trek.

Star Trek V was TERRIBLY directed...but I guess they owed it to him.

Actually, my favorite is Generations...I loved the music to it...and I guess, the older I get, the more I like the message of "cherish each moment, cause you don't know when it's gonna end."

But yah...I tried to get into Voyager after finishing DS9 during the deployment...never could get going...but there were a few really good episodes ("Tsunkatse" and "Q2" are my favorites). I started watching Enterprise when it came out my freshman year at OU...but never could get too much into it. The problem was that it was on UPN instead of a REGULAR network.

Jacie
6/24/2013, 06:00 PM
Heh, Guess I just never had much time after 68 er so to live in a fantasy world of make believe.

All this time I thought you lived in the U.S.

Until 9/11, most people in this country hadn't a clue what was going on beyond the three mile limit

olevetonahill
6/24/2013, 06:07 PM
All this time I thought you lived in the U.S.

Until 9/11, most people in this country hadn't a clue what was going on beyond the three mile limit

Say what?

SicEmBaylor
6/24/2013, 08:57 PM
Star Trek V was TERRIBLY directed...but I guess they owed it to him.

Actually, my favorite is Generations...I loved the music to it...and I guess, the older I get, the more I like the message of "cherish each moment, cause you don't know when it's gonna end."

But yah...I tried to get into Voyager after finishing DS9 during the deployment...never could get going...but there were a few really good episodes ("Tsunkatse" and "Q2" are my favorites). I started watching Enterprise when it came out my freshman year at OU...but never could get too much into it. The problem was that it was on UPN instead of a REGULAR network.
Aye, Voyager was originally on UPN as well. In fact, Voyager was the flag ship program for UPN at the launch of the network. UPN is a big reason why Voyager sucked, I think. When the show aired for the first time, our TV broke just a couple of days before the premier so I watched the first episode on a little 13" black and white television my mother kept in the kitchen.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/24/2013, 11:00 PM
Always wanted to serve on Starship Deanna

http://deskofbrian.com/wp-content/themes/newspapertimes-single/includes/timthumb.php?src=http://deskofbrian.com/wp-content/uploads/Marina-Sirtis-Star-Trek-TNG-photo-300x228.jpg

C&CDean
6/25/2013, 09:15 AM
Star Trek is ONLY Kirk, Spock, Scotty, etc. Movies? NO. Follow ups? NO. Ricardo ****ing Montalblan? NO. Hell NO.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 09:45 AM
Star Trek is ONLY Kirk, Spock, Scotty, etc. Movies? NO. Follow ups? NO. Ricardo ****ing Montalblan? NO. Hell NO.

Agreed, After Kirk and the Enterprise. Its Just more fake space ****.

MsProudSooner
6/25/2013, 10:13 AM
I found something to like in all of the TV series. I didn't watch Enterprise when if first came out because we lived in the boondocks and didn't get that network. I either rented it from Blockbuster or watched it on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Same story with Voyager, though I haven't finished it yet. From what everyone says, I think I need to go back and watch the DS9 from year 3 forward. Love the 2 new movies that Abrams has done.

Jacie
6/25/2013, 08:29 PM
Those of you who think ST:TOS is the only one worth watching, my question to any/all of you is, did you actually watch it when it was originally broadcast or have you only seen some of the episodes in syndication?

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 10:16 PM
Those of you who think ST:TOS is the only one worth watching, my question to any/all of you is, did you actually watch it when it was originally broadcast or have you only seen some of the episodes in syndication?

What the hell Is ST:TOS?

The only Star Trek I watched was the Original Series In the 60s, Cutting edge stuff I tell you Beat the Hell out of the Old Buck Rogers stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-lrz1apTvw

C&CDean
6/26/2013, 09:18 AM

I don't know what TOS is either, but yeah, I watched it when it was originally broadcast. Spock doing the shoulder stun thing was the bomb.

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 09:40 AM
I think ST:TOS means Star Trek:The Original Series.

SicEmBaylor
6/26/2013, 09:50 AM
TOS=The Original Series
TNG=The Next Generation
DS9=Deep Space 9
VOY=Voyager
ENT=Enterprise
TAS=The Animated Series

olevetonahill
6/26/2013, 09:52 AM
I think ST:TOS means Star Trek:The Original Series.

You purty dayum smart fer a Lib.
Come to think about it, You Got a Purty mouf.

olevetonahill
6/26/2013, 09:52 AM
TOS=The Original Series
TNG=The Next Generation
DS9=Deep Space 9
VOY=Voyager
ENT=Enterprise
TAS=The Animated Series

TMI= Who GAF?

rock on sooner
6/26/2013, 09:57 AM
You purty dayum smart fer a Lib.
Come to think about it, You Got a Purty mouf.

Yew been watchin Deliverance agin, aintcha?

olevetonahill
6/26/2013, 09:59 AM
Yew been watchin Deliverance agin, aintcha?

:glee:

Jacie
6/27/2013, 09:05 AM
I called it that, ST: TOS deliberately, guessing correctly that Original Series-only watchers would not know what that meant.

Star Trek fans who have watched all of the series came up with the abbreviations as a form of shorthand to use when discussing the merits of one show versus another.

hawaii 5-0
6/27/2013, 12:23 PM
I know it's an old one but.........

What does the Star Ship Enterprise and toilet paper have in common ?

They both circle Uranus looking for Klingons.

5-0