PDA

View Full Version : Toby Keith benefit concert

colleyvillesooner
6/21/2013, 08:38 PM
Anyone else going? Got lucky and scored 4 tickets as a surprise for the wife. Her Dad passed away a year ago on the 4th and thought it would be something to look forward too for the next few weeks instead of only dreading that day.

Trying to find out details of how long it will be and who will play when since we are driving in for it.

OUHOMER
6/21/2013, 08:49 PM
Toby Kieth, Garth Brooks, Trisa Yearwood, Ronny Dunn. Mill Tillis, Will Nelson, the red rocker Sammy Hagar, John Anderson

big line up, gates open at 130 pm starts at 3 pm

colleyvillesooner
6/21/2013, 09:00 PM
According to this, Garth will open the show

http://m.newsok.com/updated-tickets-on-sale-this-morning-to-toby-keiths-twister-benefit-concert/article/3854949

Surprisingly, the semiretired superstar will play two shows in two states in one day to participate in Keith’s benefit show. Brooks will open the charity concert in Norman and then fly out to perform a previously booked return engagement at the Wynn Las Vegas that night, according to his publicist.

OUHOMER
6/21/2013, 09:22 PM
busy man

mojorisen2014
6/22/2013, 01:38 AM
I tried close to an hour to get tickets and never got through.

SoonerStormchaser
6/22/2013, 02:29 AM
A bunch of my Tinker buddies were on hold for over two hours...and didn't get tickets.

Wanna bet they get scalped for thousands of dollars?

colleyvillesooner
6/22/2013, 05:03 AM
Check eBay. They are all over. Relief fund still gets the $25, but cost someone who really wants to go a ticket.

Doesn't look like stub hub is going to let people use their site for it. They have done this before for shows like this

6/22/2013, 08:06 AM
Holy CARP. I'm not a country fan, but that is some lineup.

hawaii 5-0
6/23/2013, 12:54 PM
4th of July.

In the Stadium.

Middle of the afternoon.

I think the forecast calls for HOT.

5-0

badger
6/24/2013, 08:13 AM
According to this, Garth will open the show

I double dare any of your Sooner attendees to starting a Boomer! chant (since it's at Owen Field and all) before/during/after the concert :D

soonersweetie
6/24/2013, 06:47 PM
We're going, got 2 tix. I had to use my android app as the internet and phone were continuously busy. It will be hot, but definitely worth it. It will be odd to be in our stadium, not my normal season seats and not for an OU game.

C&CDean
6/25/2013, 09:56 AM
I double dare any of your Sooner attendees to starting a Boomer! chant (since it's at Owen Field and all) before/during/after the concert :D

Hell, we can't even get that out of our fans during a football game.

badger
6/25/2013, 10:26 AM
Hell, we can't even get that out of our fans during a football game.

Maybe they can start the concert with the national anthem. The fans sure know when to yell then

soonersweetie
7/13/2013, 08:36 PM
It was an AMAZING concert! Garth and Trish really need to tour together! It lasted about 8hrs. The only one I really could have done without seeing was Sammy Hagar. So glad I was able to attend.

Fraggle145
7/13/2013, 09:35 PM
It was an AMAZING concert! Garth and Trish really need to tour together! It lasted about 8hrs. The only one I really could have done without seeing was Sammy Hagar. So glad I was able to attend.

Sammy Hagar was bad ***. He was right in the middle of a country line up in the middle of a hot *** day. Everyone was dead *** tired and he rocked it out hardcore for his entire set. he even got people to get up and cheer and sing along with him. He was a lot better than most of the acts and was on par with Garth, Dunn, and Keith.

soonersweetie
7/16/2013, 09:59 AM
I understand why people liked Sammy. Yes, he did break it up. I am just not a big Sammy fan, just personal taste. I do agree, he was a lot better than some of the smaller acts.

Boomer.....
7/16/2013, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately I missed most of Sammy because I was in line for food and beer. :mad:

Garth was kick *** and Toby brought the energy even though I'm not a fan of him.

Fraggle145
7/16/2013, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately I missed most of Sammy because I was in line for food and beer. :mad:

Garth was kick *** and Toby brought the energy even though I'm not a fan of him.

Yeah that line was killer. I went during Gary Anderson's set. It almost ruined the whole thing for me. Afterward I was about to pass out from the heat and exhaustion.

colleyvillesooner
7/19/2013, 09:39 PM
Oh, and a BIG F!CK YOU to the pokes who booed Stoops when he came out to introduce Garth, in HIS stadium.. He only proceeded to ask people to continue to give to the cause.