PDA

View Full Version : O'Reilly on board!!!

okie52
6/21/2013, 11:14 AM
Bill O'Reilly Announces Support for Immigration Deal

Friday, 21 Jun 2013 11:06 AM
By Lisa Barron

Conservative talk-show host Bill O'Reilly finally has given supporters of the Senate's immigration-reform bill his ringing endorsement.

"It is time for the USA to pass immigration reform. For years I've called for a more secure southern border. You know that. And now it looks like the secure border is in reach. At least somewhat. So I hope this bill does become law," O'Reilly said Thursday night on his Fox News “Talking Points" program.

His endorsement followed passage earlier in the day of a border-security amendment authored by Republican Sens. John Hoeven of North Dakota and Bob Corker of Tennessee. It calls for doubling the Border Patrol force in the Southwest to 40,000 and for building another 700 miles of fence along the Mexican border. In addition, it calls for installing systems to help track immigrants who do cross the border illegally.

O'Reilly said the overall immigration bill, which would allow the 11 million illegal immigrants already in the country to work and become citizens, likely would take years to fully implement.

"Sen. [Marco] Rubio told me on the phone today that it would be at least 13 years — 13 — before people in the country illegally right now could gain full legal working status, and even longer to achieve citizenship," O'Reilly noted.

Rubio, who has struggled to overcome criticism from both the right and left concerning his work on the immigration measure, was quick to issue a statement touting O'Reilly's endorsement. The news release from the Florida Republican simply restated in O'Reilly's words the reasons why Americans should support the Senate bill.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Border security...somewhat...who wouldn't jump on board for that?

badger
6/21/2013, 11:18 AM
With as much surveillance and droning that this country apparently does, I'm surprised they can't keep the border closed and secure.

However, with Carlos Slim getting up in years and an emerging middle class, Mexico may not have as many border jumpers. Hell, they might eventually have to take additional measures to keep the central/south Americans out. oh the irony

bluedogok
6/21/2013, 07:00 PM
Mexico is aggressive in the deportation of illegal immigrants from south of their border. Whether they intend to stay there or just passing through to the US. They have always been that way about it but have no issue with their own citizens heading north.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/21/2013, 07:49 PM
Increase to 40,000 border guards. More fence. New technology. Border Security on steroids.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/21/2013, 07:50 PM
Mexico is aggressive in the deportation of illegal immigrants from south of their border. Whether they intend to stay there or just passing through to the US. They have always been that way about it but have no issue with their own citizens heading north.

They also allow any U.S. citizen to enter without a visa.

radio
6/21/2013, 09:31 PM
They also allow any U.S. citizen to enter without a visa.

Need a fing Passport though. If you want to dodge bullets and tempt getting kidnapped.

These Mescans are taught how to milk the system by their govt.

Why else do you see money transfer places everywhere? Especially in shopping centers that consist of a laundromat, dollar store and Vato Zone.

Lived by the border for my whole life. They are a plaque and soon will be the majority in MANY states.

Ever heard of the Reconquista?

F Bill O'Rilly he is a tool.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/21/2013, 10:57 PM
Need a fing Passport though. If you want to dodge bullets and tempt getting kidnapped.

These Mescans are taught how to milk the system by their govt.

Why else do you see money transfer places everywhere? Especially in shopping centers that consist of a laundromat, dollar store and Vato Zone.

Lived by the border for my whole life. They are a plaque and soon will be the majority in MANY states.

Ever heard of the Reconquista?

F Bill O'Rilly he is a tool.

BFD. any U.S. citizen can get a passport from the local post office in a month or so. The passport is to get back into the U.S. Mexico doesn't require you get a visa from them. Just show up and they let you in.

FaninAma
6/22/2013, 08:10 AM
Increase to 40,000 border guards. More fence. New technology. Border Security on steroids. Yeah, I am sure the Democrats will follow through on these promises just like they are upholding current immigration law.

okie52
6/22/2013, 09:57 AM
That's the problem...what guarantees are there this will be done?

KantoSooner
6/22/2013, 04:20 PM
Actually I would think this one stands a pretty good chance. The economy is not strong and we're widing down military activity. Obama is not going to want to have a bunch of unemployed vets haunting him at every campaign stop next year. This thing is 20K new government jobs. Dems gotta love that and Reps are going to be backed into funding it.

okie52
6/22/2013, 04:33 PM
Heard those guarantees before and then nothing happened.

It has to be mandatory...not at the discretion of DHS, Napolitano, Obama, or congress when this gets a few years down the road and they have already guaranteed the 11,000,000 illegals their citizenship but have little to show for border security.

rock on sooner
6/22/2013, 05:18 PM
Increase to 40,000 border guards. More fence. New technology. Border Security on steroids.

Hey, this is a COMPROMISE! Some Pubs wanted the entire 1969
miles fenced, drones and orbiting AWACs, PLUS 40000 additional
border guards (Not 20K). Who said Pubs and Dems can't work
together?:excitement:

okie52
6/22/2013, 05:58 PM
It's only a compromise if border security really happens.

The 700 mile border fence was approved overwhelmingly by congress and W in 2006 and only partially built before it was defunded by Napolitano in 2010.