PDA

View Full Version : 5 of OU's game times are now set

nighttrain12
6/21/2013, 12:48 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/okla-m-footbl-sched.html

The first 3 home (overall) games are at 6pm, 6pm, and 11am.

Then 2:30pm at N.Dame. Finally, 6:30pm at Baylor.

sendbaht
6/21/2013, 04:39 AM
Love the night games...bring them on!

badger
6/21/2013, 08:08 AM
Love the night games...bring them on!

I think Stoops hates them. Tee hee

PrideMom
6/21/2013, 08:39 AM
I HATE night games!! Waiting ALL day for the game, then the after game traffic is terrible. We usually do not get home until after midnight, and then you are still keyed up.....

Mac94
6/21/2013, 08:50 AM
Why don't the just go ahead and set the OU-Texas game for 11am on ABC. It's "always" in that timeslot so why go through the "TBD" game?

badger
6/21/2013, 09:55 AM
Why don't the just go ahead and set the OU-Texas game for 11am on ABC. It's "always" in that timeslot so why go through the "TBD" game?

There were a few times in early aughts that it was 2:30 instead, and sometimes I think it was actually a "high noon" duel, so perhaps there actually is a choice in the matter

Mac94
6/21/2013, 10:05 AM
There were a few times in early aughts that it was 2:30 instead, and sometimes I think it was actually a "high noon" duel, so perhaps there actually is a choice in the matter

I don;t think they'll do noon because that messes with ABC's traditional 2:30 regional broadcast window. And we know they won;t do a night game there in the Cotton Bowl and we know ABC won't pass this one to the Fox family .... so it's either 11am national or 2:30 regional. Given that this game is the crown jewel matchup in the Big-12 inventory ... it seems a lock for a national airing. Esp given that there isn't much in terms of "big" games that day, esp games in the ABC/ESPN contract. Florida-LSU is the other big game, but that will be 2:30 CBS. Penn St will play Michigan ... but I don;t see that one trumping OU-Texas. Oregon-Washington is about the only other one out there and the Pac-12 has gone over to Fox.

badger
6/21/2013, 10:23 AM
No it won't. OU will be so far ahead that they will be filling time in oddball ways again.

2011: Herbie talks to Mussy about his new TV ad with "Peggy" and...this...
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/Papa1472008/bevo.jpg
2012: Wide shots of a half-empty stadium, Texas fans causing camera jerking action:
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1381149/texas-fan-f-bomb.gif

Maybe Brent can find Blake Bell's girlfriend in the second half to fill time. Ewwww

Mac94
6/21/2013, 11:53 AM
LOL .. point taken ...

although ... on the last comment ... are you saying Bell's gf is ugly????? ;)

badger
6/21/2013, 12:01 PM
are you saying Bell's gf is ugly????? ;)

I'll leave the gf beauty judging to you boys. My comment was in reference to Brent's Bammer qb girlfriend comments during last year's championship game.

Really, they could start our game at 2 p.m. and a half hour later cut away. Stoops and his team value the RRS win far more than Texas/Mack do. We'll send a strong message to recruits and the world who owns the conference in football.*

*recruits and world hopefully will not watch other games

Mac94
6/21/2013, 12:07 PM
Really, they could start our game at 2 p.m. and a half hour later cut away.

I must strongly object ... it is glorious to watch a full 60 minutes of a Sooner beatdown of Texas ... followed by a glorious few hours of postgame sports talk radio here in Austin ... followed by more glorious sports talk in the days and weeks after said beatdown. ;)

nativesooner
6/21/2013, 01:39 PM
2012: Wide shots of a half-empty stadium, Texas fans causing camera jerking action:
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1381149/texas-fan-f-bomb.gif

is this where she's saying... AAAAHHHHHHHH FIGHT!! lol!

The game was at 2:30 in 2010. As an atendee, I prefer 11. If I watched at home, 2:30 would be better.

EatLeadCommie
6/21/2013, 01:50 PM
yay! Surprised that we're getting back to the 2:30 and 6pm kickoffs again. The 11am crap is for the birds.

yermom
6/21/2013, 02:13 PM
2:30 and 6:00 means they don't think as many people are going to want to watch. that's what a few bad losses get you. 11:00 sucks, but that's is where they put you when you are doing well

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/21/2013, 02:18 PM
2:30 and 6:00 means they don't think as many people are going to want to watch. that's what a few bad losses get you. 11:00 sucks, but that's is where they put you when you are doing wellI don't like the night games, either. 11 AM-2:30 PM are my fave times to start a game...right, FWIW

texaspokieokie
6/21/2013, 02:55 PM
I don't like the night games, either. 11 AM-2:30 PM are my fave times to start a game...right, FWIW

Totally agree !! When we were going to Norman, the 6 o clock games meant we got home (irving) @ about one or 2 o clock. Long (185 mi) drive.

Now i find that the 6 o clock games force me to stay up later than i want. I'm very old.

Note: we gave up our tickets after the 2011 season.

SoonerNomad
6/21/2013, 03:57 PM
The 11 a.m. start is 9 a.m. out here.

I have to get to the gym early on those days so I can get home and start drinking.

It's a bloody mary morning on those fame days.

texaspokieokie
6/21/2013, 04:42 PM

I have to get to the gym early on those days so I can get home and start drinking.

It's a bloody mary morning on those fame days.
I liked it like that, when i lived in CA. You get ALL the news from back east. Of course, there weren't many games on TV, back in the 60s.

Now, living in tx, you almost never get the west coast score in the next morning paper.

6/21/2013, 04:50 PM

It's a bloody mary morning on those fame days.yeah, here in AZ too. I like getting up, have a cup or 2 of coffee, turn on the tube and watch OU put it on some schlameel team.

yukonsooner
6/21/2013, 05:30 PM
I'm old too, and agree that you get home so late after a 6pm game, but I also don't like the August heat at 2:30, so I'll take the 6 kickoff

yermom
6/21/2013, 05:59 PM
living in Norman, i love the 6:00PM home games :D

only time i've ever wanted an 11:00 game was last year when i knew i had to be back in Norman after the game in Ames so i could meet people from work to drive to Texas the next morning

WA. Sooner
6/21/2013, 08:03 PM
Earlier the start the better! I need the rest of the day to let the other people know how bad their team sucks, pass out and wake up in time for Game Day final

MichiganSooner
6/21/2013, 09:40 PM
I HATE night games!! Waiting ALL day for the game, then the after game traffic is terrible. We usually do not get home until after midnight, and then you are still keyed up.....

I get home about 2:30 AM if I don't get a hotel room. I love the atmosphere of a night game but when one reaches downtown OKC at midnight and have 2 hours to go with no stops...prefer the afternoons.

8timechamps
6/21/2013, 10:49 PM
LOVE the 6pm games. Since I only get to one game a year, I'm a TV watcher most of the time, and I love looking forward to the OU game all day.

I'm sure it sucks for those of you that don't live close to the stadium, but it's only 6 times (at the most) of the entire year, and what better excuse to get to bed late than Sooner football?!

OkieThunderLion
6/21/2013, 11:44 PM
I don;t think they'll do noon because that messes with ABC's traditional 2:30 regional broadcast window. And we know they won;t do a night game there in the Cotton Bowl and we know ABC won't pass this one to the Fox family .... so it's either 11am national or 2:30 regional. Given that this game is the crown jewel matchup in the Big-12 inventory ... it seems a lock for a national airing. Esp given that there isn't much in terms of "big" games that day, esp games in the ABC/ESPN contract. Florida-LSU is the other big game, but that will be 2:30 CBS. Penn St will play Michigan ... but I don;t see that one trumping OU-Texas. Oregon-Washington is about the only other one out there and the Pac-12 has gone over to Fox.

It was a noon kickoff in 2005. Other years have been split 11/2:30 pretty evenly.

6/21/2013, 11:54 PM
Earlier the start the better! I need the rest of the day to let the other people know how bad their team sucks, pass out and wake up in time for Game Day finalhaha good MO!