PDA

View Full Version : Fight Master

reflector
6/19/2013, 10:31 AM
This is a new reality series premiering tonight on Spike. It is an interesting concept. Guys will fight to make it on to the show. They will then get to pick their coach. I will probably watch the hockey game live tonight. I will definitely DVR this though. The coaches for the first season are Greg Jackson, Frank Shamrock, Joe Warren and Randy Couture. It will air on Wednesday nights. I will definitely check it out. This video might be NSFW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caKlLyWFb0

ouleaf
6/19/2013, 01:47 PM
Intriguing....The fighters get to pick the coach? Does each coach only get so many fighters so they will have even teams?

Good lineup of coaches, and good move by Spike to air with TUF is off until September i believe.

reflector
6/19/2013, 02:47 PM
Intriguing....The fighters get to pick the coach? Does each coach only get so many fighters so they will have even teams?

Good lineup of coaches, and good move by Spike to air with TUF is off until September i believe.

I believe they will start out with 32 fighters. They will fight to get on the show, which will cut it down to 16 fighters. Then each coach will get four fighters. That is my understanding. I am confused as to whether the fighters will live together or not. The season starts tonight at 9:00, after the live Bellator event. I am really interested to see how it will work. I am DVRing it, so hopefully I will know more by tomorrow.

reflector
6/19/2013, 03:16 PM
Here is a video of the cast that will be on this season. I was surprised to see Joe Riggs there. He has been in the sport for a while now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB3PbCoT79s

reflector
6/19/2013, 11:52 PM
I really enjoyed the first episode. Welch won the first fight and everybody on the panel seemed to want him. He ended up picking Jackson though.

The second fight was Eric Scallan vs. Chris Curtis. Curtis went to touch gloves at the beginning of the fight. Scallan kicked him when he had his hands out to touch gloves. Scallan ended up winning a decision. The coaches didn't really want him because of the cheap shot. Their pitches to him were really weak. He ended up on Warren's Team.

I really liked the first episode. There were only five fights though, I think. I imagine the next two episodes will just be people fighting to get on the show. I hope the show will continue to be good.

reflector
6/26/2013, 12:06 PM
I hope the teams get more established on tonight's episode.

reflector
6/26/2013, 11:36 PM
I think Souza is going to be tough to beat on the season. He looked really good in his fight on tonight's episode.

reflector
7/13/2013, 10:46 PM
The teams have been established. We get to see the fighters in the camps starting on the next episode. I think Shamrock's team will get another fighter. I don't know how that will play out though. Rino Sport is Joe Warren's team.

Jackson's MMA: Tim Welch, Eric Bradley, Bryan Travers, Joe Riggs

Rino Sport: Eric Scallan, Evan Cutts, Jason Norwood, Ismael Gonzalez

Shamrock MMA: Nick Barnes, Chris Lozano, Mike Dubois

Xtreme Couture: A.J. Matthews, Cole Williams, Cristiano Souza, Mike Bronzoulis

reflector
7/17/2013, 10:49 PM
Frank Shamrock's team got Joe Williams added to his team. Joe Williams lost in the fight to make it on to the show to Cole Williams, but that was how they evened out the teams so each coach had four fighters.

The first fight on tonight's episode was Cole Williams vs. Mike Dubois. Williams was able to get the choke early on and won by tap out.

The second fight on tonight's episode was really good. It was Chris Lozano vs. Brian Travers. The fight was tied after two rounds, so it went to a third round. Lozano ended up winning a split decision. It was a really close fight though. If they give out awards at the end of the season, I think this would be a candidate for best fight.

reflector
7/24/2013, 10:39 PM
I really thought Norwood would beat Bronzoulis. Bronzoulis had a great game plan though and was able to knock Norwood out.

I was happy to see that Joe Williams was able to win his fight. I think he is a good fighter. I knew he was a better fighter than Gonzalez

ouleaf
7/26/2013, 03:21 AM
Tough night for Team Rhino Sport....That first fight with Norwood and Bronzoulis was great. Norwood started out strong, but was completely gassed. Bronzoulis hung in there and then was eventually able to chop Norwood down with devastating strikes. The fight probably would have ended via TKO in the 2nd round if there was another 15 seconds or so. Norwood had no chance in that 3rd round.

reflector
7/31/2013, 10:47 PM
When I saw the fight made between Tim Welch and Nick Barnes, I thought Welch would win. Barnes was able to beat him though and advance.

I was not surprised that Riggs was able to beat Scallan.

reflector
8/7/2013, 10:56 PM
The fight between Cristiano Souza and Evan Cutts was probably my favorite fight of the season so far. Cutts lost the first round pretty convincingly. He was losing the second round until he locked up a triangle choke with about a minute left in the round and got the tap for the win.

The fight between Eric Bradley and A.J. Matthews was not near as exciting as the first fight. Bradley was able to win a decision though.

reflector
8/15/2013, 11:25 PM
The show has moved on Thursday nights now. There were two fights on tonight's episode.

The first fight was Cole Williams vs. Nick Barnes. I actually thought this would be a really good fight. Williams caught Barnes early and won the fight in like twenty seconds.

The second fight was Mike Bronzoulis vs. Chris Lozano. The fight was close. It was a draw after the first two rounds, so the fight went to a third round. Bronzoulis won the decision. I thought it was the right decision.

I really like the show. It is different from TUF. I hope it gets another season.

reflector
11/3/2013, 12:34 AM
Joe Riggs was able to be declared the winner of the first season. The fight took so long because Riggs got injured after the filming of the season. Riggs beat Bronzoulis to become the first winner of the show.