PDA

View Full Version : Well that was a whole lot of nothing... (IRS "scandal")

Midtowner
6/18/2013, 05:17 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/18/irs-scandal-washington_n_3460904.html

Throughout much of the interview, Shafer describes the mundane bureaucratic challenges of dealing with incoming applications for nonprofit status. He said his team flagged the first tea party application because it appeared to be a high-profile case, and he wanted to make sure all high-profile cases received similar attention.

"What I'm talking here is that if we end up with four applications coming into the group that are pretty similar, and we assign them to four different agents, we don't want four different determinations," he said. "It's just not good business. It's not good customer service."

Asked plainly, "do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decision to screen Tea Party cases?" Shafer replied, "I have no reason to believe that."

"Do you have any reason to believe that anyone in the White House was involved in the decisions to centralize the review of Tea Party cases?" he was asked. "I have no reason to believe that," he replied.

Asked if he had "ever communicated with [then IRS] Commissioner Shulman about the screening of Tea Party cases?" he replied, "I have not."

Interviewers also asked Shafer if he told his screeners to specifically pull Tea Party cases.

"Again, I was not asking them for those kind of cases," he said. "[I]f I would have directed them to pull our Tea Party cases, little Susie's Tea Party would have been pulled and it wasn't."

Next made up scandal....

okiewaker
6/18/2013, 05:36 PM
What you reckon they were apologizing for?

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/irs-apologizes-targeting-conservative-groups

olevetonahill
6/18/2013, 05:37 PM
Holy hell you are ****ing stupid,
One article from the Huffington rag settles it for you? http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/crazy.gif

XingTheRubicon
6/18/2013, 05:38 PM
Quit reading the huffington post, effing moron...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/06/17/what-did-top-irs-official-holly-paz-tell-congressional-investigators-here-are-the-highlights/

olevetonahill
6/18/2013, 05:41 PM
Quit reading the huffington post, effing moron...

Heh, He likes the Lib Rags

REDREX
6/18/2013, 06:51 PM
He is a mindless OBOT

okie52
6/18/2013, 07:05 PM
I'll take the 5th.

Midtowner
6/18/2013, 07:11 PM
Read 'em and weep. Ain't nothin' more than another Benghazi-like made-up scandal.

I swear, y'all remind me of that "Thanks, Obama" meme where you think there's a scandal everywhere. I've been saying since the beginning it looked more like the IRS was just doing what it does and I turned out to be right.

--or at least there'll never be any evidence to back up your claims of scandal.

REDREX
6/18/2013, 07:23 PM
Read 'em and weep. Ain't nothin' more than another Benghazi-like made-up scandal.

I swear, y'all remind me of that "Thanks, Obama" meme where you think there's a scandal everywhere. I've been saying since the beginning it looked more like the IRS was just doing what it does and I turned out to be right.

--or at least there'll never be any evidence to back up your claims of scandal.---- Perception becomes reality and Barack's numbers are falling as is the trust in big Gov't

Midtowner
6/18/2013, 07:29 PM
---- Perception becomes reality and Barack's numbers are falling as is the trust in big Gov't

As well it should over things which are really a concern, e.g., PRISM. A lot of folks voted for this guy because he said he'd be the guy who wouldn't trade our privacy for security and he turned out to be every bit as bad as his predecessor in that department.

All I can say is, at least where privacy is concerned, McCain would have been far worse.. and Romney..who the hell knows what Romney really thinks about anything?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/18/2013, 08:02 PM
Heh, He likes the Lib RagsHe believes their horesh*t lies, and like to hear their latest. Shouldn't surprise anyone

cleller
6/18/2013, 08:06 PM
In other news, from the Berlin Dispatch May 1, 1945:

“German Chancellor Lutz Graf Schwerin von Krosigk reiterated today that Adolf Hitler committed suicide after learning that without his knowledge, a handful of his generals had undertaken a plan to murder millions of Jews….”

6/18/2013, 08:18 PM
Here's some info Mid, that you should internalize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mZtnICN1ePc

REDREX
6/18/2013, 08:25 PM
"Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it"

Midtowner
6/18/2013, 09:20 PM
He believes their horesh*t lies, and like to hear their latest. Shouldn't surprise anyone

The quotes were straight from the hearings.

olevetonahill
6/18/2013, 09:27 PM

--or at least there'll never be any evidence to back up your claims of scandal.

And again.
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/1/4/0/4/3/0/Einstein-Retarded-57345424811.jpeg

diverdog
6/19/2013, 01:41 AM
One article from the Huffington rag settles it for you? http://www.olevetpossehideout.com/forums/images/smilies/crazy.gif

Hate to break it to you Vet:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/06/18/irs-tea-party-scrutiny/2436289/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/18/irs-worker-claims-tea-party-scrutiny-originated-in-ohio-office-according-to/

It is interesting that all of these scandals have died down or gone away. Even on FOX there is very little reporting except in the case of Benghazi and I think that is almost over.

I still think what happened at the IRS should be investigated by an independent council. Folks have a right to be upset. But I also think that if all three of these issues amount to nothing then Issa needs to be fried.

I will say this again. The Republicans need to refocus on jobs, jobs, jobs. Trying to tear down the Obama administration over these issues is not winning them votes. Our two biggest issues are jobs and containing health cost.

6/19/2013, 02:15 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/06/18/irs-tea-party-scrutiny/2436289/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/18/irs-worker-claims-tea-party-scrutiny-originated-in-ohio-office-according-to/

It is interesting that all of these scandals have died down or gone away. Even on FOX there is very little reporting except in the case of Benghazi and I think that is almost over.

I still think what happened at the IRS should be investigated by an independent council. Folks have a right to be upset. But I also think that if all three of these issues amount to nothing then Issa needs to be fried.

I will say this again. The Republicans need to refocus on jobs, jobs, jobs. Trying to tear down the Obama administration over these issues is not winning them votes. Our two biggest issues are jobs and containing health cost.Good advice. Little doubt you are interested in the republicans doing the right things, and winning politicallly.

diverdog
6/19/2013, 02:27 AM
Good advice. Little doubt you are interested in the republicans doing the right things, and winning politicallly.

If it is well thought out and good for the nation....then yes I am for it. But in case you have not figured it out the Republicans/Dixiecrats are gonna die politically if they do not change. The demographics are against them. You can bury your head in the sand if you want to but even the Republican leadership is extremely worried.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/us/politics/obamas-victory-presents-gop-with-demographic-test.html

6/19/2013, 02:42 AM
The Amnesty that's coming up makes discussions here about fixing things moot.

diverdog
6/19/2013, 06:16 AM
The Amnesty that's coming up makes discussions here about fixing things moot.

Here is a dirty little secret. Both sides want amnesty because we need immigrants to keep the system going. If all 11 million illegal immigrants left today our economy would tank. As my father in law says we need people to pick the maters and wash the bed sheets.

Midtowner
6/19/2013, 07:23 AM

I will say this again. The Republicans need to refocus on jobs, jobs, jobs. Trying to tear down the Obama administration over these issues is not winning them votes. Our two biggest issues are jobs and containing health cost.

I think this most recent revelation pretty much shows that the IRS was just doing what it does--giving applicants for tax exempt status hell. It tagged one Tea Party group as a questionable application, then in the name of fairness, did the same to others. It was probably a huge mistake for anyone to resign over this, but hey, what do you think the difference is between the salary of the head of the IRS and a mid-high level executive at Ernst & Young? I imagine the resignees will land on their feet.

cleller
6/19/2013, 07:50 AM
Here is a dirty little secret. Both sides want amnesty because we need immigrants to keep the system going. If all 11 million illegal immigrants left today our economy would tank. As my father in law says we need people to pick the maters and wash the bed sheets.

Its an interesting phenomena we've created here. First you trying to help you most poor by giving them some benefits. Gradually, without proper oversight and the seeking of any type commitment in return, we create a class of citizen dependent on these benefits for survival. Others witness this, and also exploit the system to the point that we have people either unwilling or unable to undertake many jobs.

This creates an opportunity for migrants to come in to compete for those jobs, creating more exploitation--of the workers, the labor market, and the cycle begins again.

Both sides to blame for this condition.

okie52
6/19/2013, 07:56 AM

A ponzi scheme with ultimately the same result.

diverdog
6/19/2013, 08:40 AM
A ponzi scheme with ultimately the same result.

I almost said that. Economist in the US look at Europes negative population growth and it scares them.

diverdog
6/19/2013, 08:42 AM
Its an interesting phenomena we've created here. First you trying to help you most poor by giving them some benefits. Gradually, without proper oversight and the seeking of any type commitment in return, we create a class of citizen dependent on these benefits for survival. Others witness this, and also exploit the system to the point that we have people either unwilling or unable to undertake many jobs.

This creates an opportunity for migrants to come in to compete for those jobs, creating more exploitation--of the workers, the labor market, and the cycle begins again.

Both sides to blame for this condition.

Yep. We want our cake and eat it to. In otherwords cheap labor and no side effects.

Midtowner
6/19/2013, 10:46 AM
--the subsidization of Wal-Mart.

okie52
6/19/2013, 11:31 AM
And every company that would employ illegals and/or the "new immigrant citizens".

FaninAma
6/19/2013, 11:39 AM
I usually refrain from name calling but in this case Vet is
justified in saying this. So the "testimony" of one IRS official who is neck deep
in the scandal is supposed to put the mess to rest.

mid, are you really an attorney?

Midtowner
6/19/2013, 11:41 AM
What evidence is there to prove the allegation that there was a political motivation behind the scrutiny given to these 501c(c)(4) organizations?

An inference is not evidence. It's the opposite.

diverdog
6/19/2013, 12:45 PM
I usually refrain from name calling but in this Icase Vet is
justified in saying this. So the "testimony" of one IRS official who is neck deep
in the scandal is supposed to put the mess to rest.

mid, are you really an attorney?

If you read the article it is 5 people. Two are known and the other three are redacted (sp) from the transcripts.

XingTheRubicon
6/19/2013, 01:20 PM
What evidence is there to prove the allegation that there was a political motivation behind the scrutiny given to these 501c(c)(4) organizations?

An inference is not evidence. It's the opposite.

John C. Eastman, a law professor at Chapman University who chairs the board of the National Organization for Marriage, said his experience with the IRS made him fear that other agencies such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the FBI might target him.

“Imagine our shock and disgust,” he said, in discovering his donor list-submitted to the IRS with a 990 form -- posted on the website of his political opponent, the Human Rights Campaign, which advocates same-sex marriage. “Felonies were committed, that’s a $5,000 fine and five years in prison,” he said, explaining that his computer staff “delayered” the posted document and uncovered an IRS stamp that appears only on documents being processed inside the agency. He linked the Human Rights Campaign to the Obama presidential campaign.

http://www.govexec.com/oversight/2013/06/targeted-conservatives-detail-irs-delays-requests-and-intimidation/64247/

Have you worked your 10 hours this week yet?

Midtowner
6/19/2013, 01:39 PM
You posted more speculation. Speculation by some rando law professor isn't evidence.

6/19/2013, 01:56 PM
Subject: Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?

Bob: "Did you hear about the Obama administration scandal?"

Jim: "You mean the Mexican gun running?"

Bob: "No, the other one."

Jim: "You mean SEAL Team 6 Extortion 17?"

Jim: "You mean the State Dept. lying about Benghazi?"

Jim: "You mean the voter fraud?"

Jim: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Jim: "You mean that 3 or 4 of Obama's GAY boyfriends were mysteriously MURDERED when they came forward with claims he was gay too?"

Jim: "You mean the president demoralizing and breaking down the military?"

Jim: "You mean the Boston Bombing?"

Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?"

Jim: "You mean the president wanting to kill Americans with drones in our own country without the benefit of the law?"

Jim: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million and right after it declared bankruptcy it was sold to the Chinese?"

Jim: "You mean the president arming the Muslim Brotherhood?"

Jim: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Jim: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Jim: "Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?"

Jim: "Giving SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and right after they declared bankruptcy 3 months later the Chinese bought it?"

Jim: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?"

Jim: "The president's ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants from jails and prisons and falsely blaming the sequester?"

Jim: "The president's threat to impose gun control by Executive Order in order to bypass Congress?"

Jim: "The president's repeated violation of the law requiring him to submit a budget no later than the first Monday in February?"

Jim: "The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100% for Obama?"

Jim: "The president's unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to circumvent the Senate's advise-and-consent role?"

Jim: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Jim: "HHS employees being given insider information on Medicare Advantage?"

Jim: "Clinton, the IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Jim: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million low-information voters stuck us again with the most corrupt administration in American history?"

Bob: "THAT'S THE ONE!"

sappstuf
6/19/2013, 01:56 PM

It is important to remember what the Obama administration's first story was in all of this... Just a couple of low-level employees in Cincinnati.

So what has happened since then? Louis Lerner, the director of exempt organizations, pleaded the fifth and refused to testify. She was placed on administrative leave when she refused to resign. She worked in DC, not Cincinnati and is no way a "low-level" employee.

Holly Paz, who was the director of the Office of Rulings and Agreements (not low-level or in Cincinnati either) has been fired.

By order of the Chief Counsel of the IRS both of their computer accounts were locked last week.

You have several people who have unexpectedly retired after all of this broke.

How can you even make the statement "if all three of these issues amount to nothing"... It has already amounted to something and more is coming.

There is an FBI investigation ongoing about what happened. But the FBI is just another part of the Obama administration... I don't expect them to look too hard... But how can you blame Issa for that.

Turd_Ferguson
6/19/2013, 02:39 PM
But how can you blame Issa for that.Because he's a partisan hack...

diverdog
6/19/2013, 06:16 PM
It is important to remember what the Obama administration's first story was in all of this... Just a couple of low-level employees in Cincinnati.

So what has happened since then? Louis Lerner, the director of exempt organizations, pleaded the fifth and refused to testify. She was placed on administrative leave when she refused to resign. She worked in DC, not Cincinnati and is no way a "low-level" employee.

Holly Paz, who was the director of the Office of Rulings and Agreements (not low-level or in Cincinnati either) has been fired.

By order of the Chief Counsel of the IRS both of their computer accounts were locked last week.

You have several people who have unexpectedly retired after all of this broke.

How can you even make the statement "if all three of these issues amount to nothing"... It has already amounted to something and more is coming.

There is an FBI investigation ongoing about what happened. But the FBI is just another part of the Obama administration... I don't expect them to look too hard... But how can you blame Issa for that.

And..... So far Issa has swung for the fence and he has two strikes and three balls. Plus we have already seen Issa lies.

how about this....hire an independent council and let them investigate all three incidents and let the cards fall where they fall.

Midtowner
6/19/2013, 06:35 PM
And..... So far Issa has swung for the fence and he has two strikes and three balls. Plus we have already seen Issa lies.

how about this....hire an independent council and let them investigate all three incidents and let the cards fall where they fall.

I really like Kenneth Starr. He's an honorable guy, but he totally ruined the independent counsel investigation for everyone. Investigating whether a President lied about an extramarital affair and holding up everything for as long as he did effectively ruined any future President's ability to consent to something which would even be a reasonable investigation which is probably needed.

Using your baseball analogy, I see it more like Issa stood at home plate and indicated a la Babe Ruth where he was going to hit his homers and then the rest like you said, three balls, two strikes.

Under Bush, the IRS went after a liberal church, the NAACP and Greenpeace and no one said a word.

diverdog
6/19/2013, 06:50 PM
I really like Kenneth Starr. He's an honorable guy, but he totally ruined the independent counsel investigation for everyone. Investigating whether a President lied about an extramarital affair and holding up everything for as long as he did effectively ruined any future President's ability to consent to something which would even be a reasonable investigation which is probably needed.

Using your baseball analogy, I see it more like Issa stood at home plate and indicated a la Babe Ruth where he was going to hit his homers and then the rest like you said, three balls, two strikes.

Under Bush, the IRS went after a liberal church, the NAACP and Greenpeace and no one said a word.

Don't get me wrong I think what happened at the IRS was unacceptable and people should be fired. But at this point I do not see criminal intent nor do I see any direction from the Obama campaign. It looks like a typical bureaucratic FUBAR.

sappstuf
6/19/2013, 06:54 PM

But you completely buy the Obama administration's position that it was "low-level" employees in Cincinnati...

Turd_Ferguson
6/19/2013, 07:45 PM
But you completely buy the Obama administration's position that it was "low-level" employees in Cincinnati...

DD and Mid can't see for Obamas nut sack drooped over their eyes...

6/19/2013, 07:48 PM
DD and Mid can't see for Obamas nut sack drooped over their eyes...They're kinda big on Sir Hillry too. They all have some things in commune.

okie52
6/19/2013, 07:50 PM
Dd and I often disagree but he is not on the same planet as mid.

REDREX
6/19/2013, 08:08 PM
Classic OBOTS

okie52
6/19/2013, 08:09 PM
How you doing Red? I'm still meaning to get to Tulsa

olevetonahill
6/19/2013, 08:29 PM

Dd and I often disagree but he is not on the same planet as mid.

Perzackery, DD aint a Know it all young stupid arse.

REDREX
6/19/2013, 08:42 PM
How you doing Red? I'm still meaning to get to Tulsa----Let me know if you hit town---- I will buy lunch

diverdog
6/19/2013, 08:58 PM

Depends on what the meaning of low level is. :)

diverdog
6/19/2013, 08:59 PM
Perzackery, DD is an old stupid arse.

FIFY. :)

olevetonahill
6/19/2013, 09:17 PM

You sound like
http://poorworkingstiff.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/bill_clinton-is-is.png

FIFY. :)

Naw You aint Stupid, Just confused a bit.:chuncky:

diverdog
6/19/2013, 09:29 PM
You sound like
http://poorworkingstiff.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/bill_clinton-is-is.png

Naw You aint Stupid, Just confused a bit.:chuncky:

More like full of shat.

I would kill to return to the days of Clinton.

My biggest beef with Obama is on the jobs front. He has not focused on some easy solutions like energy production, lower effective corporate tax rates and some much needed reform on Wall Street to stop some of the really bad speculative trading.

sappstuf
6/20/2013, 12:17 AM

And Cincinnati apparently...

Chuck Bao
6/20/2013, 01:59 AM
I think this most recent revelation pretty much shows that the IRS was just doing what it does--giving applicants for tax exempt status hell. It tagged one Tea Party group as a questionable application, then in the name of fairness, did the same to others. It was probably a huge mistake for anyone to resign over this, but hey, what do you think the difference is between the salary of the head of the IRS and a mid-high level executive at Ernst & Young? I imagine the resignees will land on their feet.

Makes sense and I haven't seen anyone disprove that logic. Of course, I have a very low opinion of the bean-counters at the IRS to begin with. Hell, I've heard of a father disowning his son that went to work for them and that must have been 20-30 years ago, long before the President Obama administration. But, this issue is just too classic: delays in granting tax exempt status for political organizations actively lobbying for paying lower taxes. You're waving a red flag in front of a bull and you're surprised that the bull delays granting the tax exempt status? And you're calling it a major political scandal? And persecution? Seriously? Some of you really need to take a step back and think a bit.

XingTheRubicon
6/20/2013, 08:02 AM
Makes sense and I haven't seen anyone disprove that logic. Of course, I have a very low opinion of the bean-counters at the IRS to begin with. Hell, I've heard of a father disowning his son that went to work for them and that must have been 20-30 years ago, long before the President Obama administration. But, this issue is just too classic: delays in granting tax exempt status for political organizations actively lobbying for paying lower taxes. You're waving a red flag in front of a bull and you're surprised that the bull delays granting the tax exempt status? And you're calling it a major political scandal? And persecution? Seriously? Some of you really need to take a step back and think a bit.

we did...until one of the directors took the 5th and the FBI director couldn't even name who was leading the "investigation"

looking at it objectively, the power players in this deal look guilty as hell...any other conclusion at this point, puts you at a blind liberal shill.

sappstuf
6/20/2013, 08:12 AM

Only groups on the right were being delayed and asked questionable questions like what the content of their prayers were..

Groups on the left were sailing right through with tax exempt status backdated...

You need to brush up on the facts of this case because you clearly don't know them.

Midtowner
6/20/2013, 08:15 AM
we did...until one of the directors took the 5th and the FBI director couldn't even name who was leading the "investigation"

And if Congress thought there was anything to see here, they could grant the director immunity and the 5th would no longer apply. They haven't done that...sooo... swing and a miss...

looking at it objectively, the power players in this deal look guilty as hell...any other conclusion at this point, puts you at a blind liberal shill.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're just a little bit partisan and are seeing this how you want to see it. This is a criminal investigation. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and theoretically, the state is even supposed to have evidence of your guilt. They got nothin' here.

--and Issa is someone who lied about his military service, so there's that..

Midtowner
6/20/2013, 08:17 AM
Groups on the left were sailing right through with tax exempt status backdated...

You need to brush up on the facts of this case because you clearly don't know them.

Not all of 'em.

And clearly, you're only considering facts which back up your conclusions.

http://www.npr.org/2013/06/19/193383914/liberal-groups-say-they-received-irs-scrutiny-too

REDREX
6/20/2013, 08:17 AM
OBOT ALERT

OU68
6/20/2013, 08:28 AM
--and Issa is someone who lied about his military service, so there's that..

Yep, and Benghazi was caused by a YouTube video - :stupid:

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2013, 08:31 AM
Benghazi was caused by a poster on Soonerfans.com.

Five hookers mysteriously died.

sappstuf
6/20/2013, 08:34 AM
Not all of 'em.

And clearly, you're only considering facts which back up your conclusions.

http://www.npr.org/2013/06/19/193383914/liberal-groups-say-they-received-irs-scrutiny-too

The facts led to the IRS apologizing to Tea Party groups for inappropriate targeting.. Despite what you try to say, they did it. They did not apologize to liberal groups because it wasn't inappropriate.

It is the only factual conclusion.

olevetonahill
6/20/2013, 08:41 AM
Benghazi was caused by a poster on Soonerfans.com.

Five hookers mysteriously died.

CJ posts here? Who knew.

cleller
6/20/2013, 08:48 AM
And if Congress thought there was anything to see here, they could grant the director immunity and the 5th would no longer apply. They haven't done that...sooo... swing and a miss...

This makes no sense. On one hand you are saying nothing illegal or improper happened, yet gliding over the fact that the IRS director refused to answer questions in front of Congress because it might have incriminated her.

If it truly is "a whole lot of nothing" why is there a need to give her immunity?

XingTheRubicon
6/20/2013, 08:54 AM

Issa has already said that immunity for Lerner is a very probable option AFTER they have concluded with every other option. sooo... swing and a miss...

also, I shouldn't have referred to you as a liberal shill...you're a helpless moron.

olevetonahill
6/20/2013, 08:59 AM
Issa has already said that immunity for Lerner is a very probable option AFTER they have concluded with every other option. sooo... swing and a miss...

also, I shouldn't have referred to you as a liberal shill...
you're a helpless moron.

I hope you are not just now figuring this out. :loyal:

Midtowner
6/20/2013, 09:00 AM
This makes no sense. One one hand you are saying nothing illegal or improper happened, yet gliding over the fact that the IRS director refused to answer questions in front of Congress because it might have incriminated her.

If it truly is "a whole lot of nothing" why is there a need to give her immunity?

I guess we'll never know until she's granted immunity. I'm guessing the answer will be a letdown for Issa and company which is why they might prefer to have Teatard speculation that something must have happened and it must be damaging to the White House rule the day.

cleller
6/22/2013, 03:57 PM
I was scanning radio channels this morning and heard some talk show discussing the IRS scandal. They were talking about Holly Paz, who was a supervisor in DC that has been connected to the scandal. She's an attorney, was an Obama donor in 2008, and was allegedly recruited from a private sector job for this position in DC. She has admitted that she scrutinized 20-30 Tea Party applications, which is at odds with the whole Cincinnati story.

Apparently for about a year before the last election dozens of the Tea Party applications sat idle, waiting for approval, thereby in limbo. DC says they thought Cincy was handling them, Cincy says they thought DC was.

Maybe I've not been following it closely, but I had not heard of this woman at all before. I went to Google News and searched under her name, and found recent stories by the Washington Post, and Huffington, but that was about it for the major news outlets other than Fox. Scores of stories from the Breitbart, Daily Caller type outlets have been on it for at least 6 days.

diverdog
6/25/2013, 07:10 AM
Looks liberal groups were also targeted. This IRS FUBAR and. Nohing else.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/politics/irs-targeting/index.html?c=us

Midtowner
6/25/2013, 07:14 AM
Well that doesn't fit the GOP talking points...

OU68
6/25/2013, 08:29 AM
Well that doesn't fit the GOP talking points...

In response to Levin's statement, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Dave Camp said the inclusion of "progressives" on a BOLO list did not prove that liberal groups underwent the same extra scrutiny of conservative groups cited in the inspector general's report.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 08:38 AM
Looks liberal groups were also targeted. This IRS FUBAR and. Nohing else.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/politics/irs-targeting/index.html?c=us

From your article

Washington (CNN) -- The Internal Revenue Service targeted liberal groups as well as conservatives seeking tax-exempt status, a Democratic congressman charged on Monday after the agency acknowledged the inappropriate practice continued until last month.

Just cause He said it Dont make it so.

In response to Levin's statement, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Dave Camp said the inclusion of "progressives" on a BOLO list did not prove that liberal groups underwent the same extra scrutiny of conservative groups cited in the inspector general's report.

You an matlock keep tryin to sweep.

sappstuf
6/25/2013, 08:44 AM
Well that doesn't fit the facts...

Indeed.

XingTheRubicon
6/25/2013, 10:24 AM
When will we have the hearings for all the liberal groups that were targeted? Until then, STFU.

Midtowner
6/25/2013, 10:32 AM
When will we have the hearings for all the liberal groups that were targeted? Until then, STFU.

I'm sure the Republican House will get right on that.

Maybe they can try to repeal Obamacare again while they're at it.

cleller
6/25/2013, 10:46 AM
Have they asked Holly Paz how many liberal groups she scrutinized yet?

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 10:46 AM

We can always ****in hope.

XingTheRubicon
6/25/2013, 12:27 PM

...and the liberal outcry from these scores of liberal groups that were targeted, and not getting their day in front of Issa? That's right, there's not any. STFU.

Midtowner
6/25/2013, 12:30 PM
They just didn't mobilize and complain so they could stoke up the flames of yet another phony scandal.

XingTheRubicon
6/25/2013, 12:32 PM
So then you admit they have nothing to complain about...STFU.

XingTheRubicon
6/25/2013, 12:32 PM
Still waiting for that list...

sappstuf
6/25/2013, 12:52 PM
They just didn't mobilize and complain so they could stoke up the flames of yet another phony scandal.

This all started with the IRS apologizing to conservatives and admitting to wrongdoing.... No one was stoking up anything.

XingTheRubicon
6/25/2013, 12:59 PM
This all started with the IRS apologizing to conservatives and admitting to wrongdoing.... No one was stoking up anything.

None of this matters anyway...it will never touch Obama. Even though the WH admin had a couple hundred meetings with IRS officials while the scam was in motion, this is as far as it will go more than likely. The good news is that Obama has absolutely zero credibility after this (watch the mid-terms and see if one of the donks mention their full of sh*t president in a campaign ad)

sappstuf
6/25/2013, 01:02 PM
A November 2010 version of the list obtained by National Review Online, however, suggests that while the list did contain the word “progressive,” screeners were instructed to treat progressive groups differently from tea-party groups. Whereas they were merely alerted that a designation of 501(c)(3) status “may not be appropriate” for progressive groups — 501(c)(3) organizations are prohibited from conducting any political activity — they were told to send applications from tea-party groups off to IRS higher-ups for further scrutiny.

That means the applications of progressive organizations could be approved by line agents on the spot, while those of tea-party groups could not. Furthermore, the November 2010 list noted that tea-party cases were “currently being coordinated with EOT” — Exempt Organizations Technical, a group of tax lawyers in Washington, D.C. Those of progressive organizations were not.

You can see specifically where Tea Party organizations were sent up while there is no mention of progressive groups on page 9.

http://global.nationalreview.com/pdf/irs-tea-party_062413.pdf

Midtowner
6/25/2013, 01:03 PM

And those orgs whipped y'all into a frenzy, didn't they now?

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 01:09 PM

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ0eqE2aUC23E2l9ykU_QZyBOggVfFx EtlQqKYbJZvmXymo6IePg

sappstuf
6/25/2013, 01:33 PM

I wouldn't try to argue the facts of this case either if I were you....

OU68
6/25/2013, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't try to argue the facts of this case either if I were you....

When all else fails, try deflection - he learned that from his dog.

TitoMorelli
6/25/2013, 07:33 PM
When all else fails, try deflection - he learned that from his dog.

That, and how to lick scrota.

olevetonahill
6/25/2013, 07:36 PM
That, and how to lick scrota.

You may be onto sompun bro
Matlock Loves his dog moren his unborn kid cause the Dog likes Peanut butter. Dayum how we miss that?

XingTheRubicon
6/27/2013, 08:30 AM
Just announced that 41 conservative groups are suing the IRS. How many donk groups are suing the IRS.

Midtowner
6/27/2013, 08:32 AM
Left wing groups didn't have an institutional interest in whipping their sheep into a frenzy and spinning up another scandal out of thin air.

OU68
6/27/2013, 08:44 AM
Left wing groups didn't have an institutional interest in whipping their sheep into a frenzy and spinning up another scandal out of thin air.

You mean that "thin air" with the dead border agent, dead ambassador, that thin air?

XingTheRubicon
6/27/2013, 08:45 AM
So you think the lawsuit is solely to prove a scandal?

You want to bet whether conservatives win the lawsuit? How 'bout the $300 bucks you'll make this week.

Midtowner
6/27/2013, 08:46 AM
You mean that "thin air" with the dead border agent, dead ambassador, that thin air?

Bad stuff happens and it's not always a scandal or because the administration had anything to do with it.

olevetonahill
6/27/2013, 08:49 AM
Bad stuff happens and it's not always a scandal or because the administration had anything to do with it.

You are worse about defending the FAR ****ing Left as Most who defend the far ****in right.

Midtowner
6/27/2013, 08:51 AM
So you think the lawsuit is solely to prove a scandal?

You want to bet whether conservatives win the lawsuit? How 'bout the $300 bucks you'll make this week.

I haven't read it, so I don't know the merits of it. If I were a guessing man, I'd say that it's 1) so that these groups can conduct discovery to see if they can't make this a bigger deal, and 2) to prolong the distraction.

I'll see if I can't get a copy of the complaint though.

Bourbon St Sooner
6/27/2013, 10:21 AM

Or maybe no liberal groups' donor lists were handed over to idealogically opposite groups, such as what happened with conservative groups. How convenient this list is with liberal groups on it even though there was no complaining about harrassment from left wing groups back in 2010 like there was from conservative groups. You're just a shill. Go back to DailyKos to get some better talking points.

SCOUT
6/27/2013, 11:36 AM
Wow, talk about not having any facts but still making assumptions. I thought you were opposed to that approach.

TitoMorelli
6/27/2013, 04:07 PM
Treasury IG: Liberal groups weren't targeted by IRS like Tea Party

Liberal groups seeking tax-exempt status faced less IRS scrutiny than Tea Party groups, according to the Treasury Department’s inspector general.

J. Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, told Rep. Sandy Levin (D-Mich.) in a letter dated Wednesday that the IRS did not use inappropriate criteria to scrutinize groups with “progressives” in their name seeking tax-exempt status.

“Our audit did not find evidence that the IRS used the ‘progressives’ identifier as selection criteria for potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012,” George wrote in the letter obtained by The Hill.

The inspector general stressed that 100 percent of the groups with “Tea Party,” “patriots” and “9/12” in their name were flagged for extra attention, while only 30 percent of the groups with “progress” or “progressive” were highlighted as potentially political. George’s letter does not say why the progressive groups were given extra scrutiny.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/308131-ig-liberal-groups-not-targeted-like-tea-party#ixzz2XS930g5a

6/27/2013, 04:27 PM
You are worse about defending the FAR ****ing Left as Most who defend the far ****in right.Too few people defend the Right any more. Folks on the Right in politics who are/were conservative are petrified of the democrats and their media. The (formerly)Right just wants the unrelenting criticism and incredible false charges to stop. Seems like they are fully prepared to do anything the Left wants them to do. Looks like they think they can somehow win elections without the conservative and/or neo-con base. Permanent minority status is assured if they continue to do that.

cleller
6/27/2013, 04:41 PM
Is this going to be the new go-to defensive tactic now that the Bush blaming is getting too old? "It's nothing. Just your imagination. The wind."

XingTheRubicon
6/27/2013, 05:30 PM
Treasury IG: Liberal groups weren't targeted by IRS like Tea Party

Liberal groups seeking tax-exempt status faced less IRS scrutiny than Tea Party groups, according to the Treasury Department’s inspector general.

J. Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, told Rep. Sandy Levin (D-Mich.) in a letter dated Wednesday that the IRS did not use inappropriate criteria to scrutinize groups with “progressives” in their name seeking tax-exempt status.

“Our audit did not find evidence that the IRS used the ‘progressives’ identifier as selection criteria for potential political cases between May 2010 and May 2012,” George wrote in the letter obtained by The Hill.

The inspector general stressed that 100 percent of the groups with “Tea Party,” “patriots” and “9/12” in their name were flagged for extra attention, while only 30 percent of the groups with “progress” or “progressive” were highlighted as potentially political. George’s letter does not say why the progressive groups were given extra scrutiny.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/308131-ig-liberal-groups-not-targeted-like-tea-party#ixzz2XS930g5a

Sounds like the IG is just trying to stir up a scandal.