PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to Notre Dame and where are you staying?

Sooner24
6/17/2013, 12:55 PM
3 of us making the trip. Staying at the Double Tree in South Bend.

yermom
6/17/2013, 01:19 PM
i'm going.

no idea on tickets or lodging yet though. Chicago isn't too far away

Sooner24
6/17/2013, 02:21 PM
We stayed in Chicago in 1999 and if I remember correctly you better take a ****load of dimes because it seemed we stopped and payed toll every 10 miles.

http://thumbs.anyclip.com/tMUs0FGO8/tmb_4590_480.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/17/2013, 02:25 PM
how far is Lafayette from South Bend?

cleller
6/17/2013, 02:56 PM
how far is Lafayette from South Bend?

My daughter is in Lafayette. Grad student at Purdue. I think its about 90 minutes from South Bend. South-SW.

6/17/2013, 03:04 PM
My daughter is in Lafayette. Grad student at Purdue. I think its about 90 minutes from South Bend. South-SW.I drove from Chicago to Indianapolis many moons ago. The distances are now vague in my mind, but I recall Lafayette being the first significant town south of South Bend. Chicago suburbs are closer to South Bend than Lafayette is, right?

8timechamps
6/17/2013, 03:23 PM
IN. We're flying into Toledo, and staying in Kalamazoo. I've never driven from Kalamazoo to South Bend, but I was told it's an easy, hour long drive. Anyone have any experience?

MI Sooner
6/17/2013, 04:00 PM
IN. We're flying into Toledo, and staying in Kalamazoo. I've never driven from Kalamazoo to South Bend, but I was told it's an easy, hour long drive. Anyone have any experience?

I've never done it on game day, but I would have said more like 1:15. I live in Grand Rapids and take US-31 instead of US-131 (which is how you'd go from Kalamazoo), and do the trip in roughly two hours.

Hit up Bell's while you're in Kalamazoo.

6/17/2013, 04:27 PM
HEY...I've got a gal in Kalamazoo!

Unfortunately, she's been waiting for me since the 1940's, and I ain't never been to Meatchicken.

MichiganSooner
6/17/2013, 05:16 PM
From Kalamazoo: 90 minutes. Either south on US-131 to Indiana Toll Road west or west on I-94 to US-31 South to S. Bend. The latter route is toll free.

MichiganSooner
6/17/2013, 05:20 PM
My daughter is in Lafayette. Grad student at Purdue. I think its about 90 minutes from South Bend. South-SW.

About 2.5 hours from South Bend to Lafayette.

MichiganSooner
6/17/2013, 05:22 PM
Decent towns to stay in to the south of South Bend are Plymouth on US-31 and Warsaw which is east of Plymouth. Toward Chicago, Valpo aka Valparaiso.

6/17/2013, 05:22 PM
#9 above was a joke. A raucus frivolity. That's right. I hear you(the old-timers) laughing out there. If you don't get it, you're too young. If you get it, but don't think it's funny, or DGAS, then bite me, or kiss off, or something like that.

I Am Right
6/17/2013, 07:34 PM
Flying to South Bend on game day, Flying Home after game is over!

olevetonahill
6/17/2013, 07:56 PM
Its a 14 hour drive for me. Think Ill pass.

XingTheRubicon
6/17/2013, 07:57 PM
Staying at the James Hotel on the mile in Chicago.

rock on sooner
6/17/2013, 08:01 PM
Its a 14 hour drive for me. Think Ill pass.

Aint a line at my bathroom door on game day and my fridge
has my brew at 34 degrees. Sides all that I wouldn't give a
dime to support ANYTHING bout the Domers....

6/17/2013, 08:09 PM
dime to support ANYTHING bout the Domers....The disappointment over losing to those **stards again would surpass the risk of going there. If we win FABULOUS, but we HAVE beaten their sorry as*es in Indiana before.

Stooper
6/17/2013, 08:32 PM
IN. Staying in Chicago, flying in on Thursday. Boomer Sooner

olevetonahill
6/17/2013, 08:34 PM
dime to support ANYTHING bout the Domers....

Ive got a sister that Lives in Indiana, Still wouldnt drive up there

C&CDean
6/17/2013, 08:36 PM
Ive got a sister that Lives in Indiana, Still wouldnt drive up there

*****. I drive that far a couple times a week. Sheez.

C&CDean
6/17/2013, 08:39 PM
Going. Staying in LaPorte.

MI Sooner
6/17/2013, 08:51 PM
Going. Staying in LaPorte.

To anyone who is making a long weekend of it, I'd highly recommend staying in St. Joseph, MI. Chicago is great, too. Northern Indiana is generally a ****-hole, although if you just want a place to lay your head, I'm sure it's fine. New Buffalo might be okay, too, but I've only driven past the multi-million dollar houses on the lake, and never spent much time in town.

St. Joseph is a small beach town with a downtown that sits on a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. The public beach is a three block walk. That time of year, the water might even be warm enough to swim in.

cleller
6/17/2013, 09:05 PM
I drove from Chicago to Indianapolis many moons ago. The distances are now vague in my mind, but I recall Lafayette being the first significant town south of South Bend. Chicago suburbs are closer to South Bend than Lafayette is, right?

About 2.5 hours from South Bend to Lafayette.

I call stalemate. The Chicago 'burbs do seem to be closer to South Bend than Lafayette is. Daughter says Chi-town is 1.5-2 hours.
Google shows Lafayette 91 miles from South Bend, yet shows drive time of 2hrs 20 min. Lots of 2 lane pokey roads up there.

olevetonahill
6/17/2013, 09:11 PM
*****. I drive that far a couple times a week. Sheez.

Yea but I dont use a Tank of gas a month normally

olevetonahill
6/17/2013, 09:17 PM
I call stalemate. The Chicago 'burbs do seem to be closer to South Bend than Lafayette is. Daughter says Chi-town is 1.5-2 hours.
Google shows
Lafayette 91 miles from South Bend, yet shows drive time of 2hrs 20 min. Lots of 2 lane pokey roads up there.

Lots of traffic. When I saw I'd need to go so close to Chicago I said **** it Went thru there back in 90 going to the Indy 500. Took for ever to get thru Chicago.

Plus I doubt I could stand all those dayum Yankees.

C&CDean
6/17/2013, 09:35 PM
Lots of traffic. When I saw I'd need to go so close to Chicago I said **** it Went thru there back in 90 going to the Indy 500. Took for ever to get thru Chicago.

If you went through Chicago on your way to Indy from Oklahoma then I'm gonna start calling you Sicemonahill. Geographically challenged much? Heh.

okiewaker
6/17/2013, 09:38 PM
Like to go but probly gonna skip this one. Hope all going has fun. Maybe as it gets closer i will change my mind.

Collier11
6/17/2013, 09:38 PM
more like vetfromthehilldrivingmildlydrunk

Collier11
6/17/2013, 09:39 PM
Buying a house soon, not making any football related trips because of it :D

olevetonahill
6/17/2013, 09:42 PM
If you went through Chicago on your way to Indy from Oklahoma then I'm gonna start calling you Sicemonahill. Geographically challenged much? Heh.

Heh, I were In Minneapolis at the time :highly_amused:

SanJoaquinSooner
6/17/2013, 09:51 PM
I always thought Portage Indiana was a nice, quaint town.

Phil
6/17/2013, 10:02 PM
Going, of course. Prolly staying in Chicago. Gotta secure a ticket, though - got denied by OU. Had plenty of points to get the , but apparently there was a cutoff for what you gave this year as well.

cleller
6/17/2013, 10:15 PM
Going, of course. Prolly staying in Chicago. Gotta secure a ticket, though - got denied by OU. Had plenty of points to get the , but apparently there was a cutoff for what you gave this year as well.

I know a real Catholic priest. Installing some defibrillators in his real Catholic church tomorrow. Surely that will put me on the high road to ND football tickets.
Desperate times and all....

cleller
6/17/2013, 10:17 PM

Another rotten thing up there:
"no ethanol" is a term they have not only never heard of, but hyperventilate over. Ethanol is the govt's way of keeping the whole state fat and happy.

olevetonahill
6/17/2013, 10:40 PM
If I went, I'd prolly go thru Crane where My sister lives , and Take her with me. Go on up thru Indy
Or have her meet me in Indy. My niece lives there

8timechamps
6/17/2013, 11:13 PM
Going to a game in South Bend is a definite on my bucket list, and I can't imagine ever wanting to go see Notre Dame play anyone else, so I decided this could be the last time I get the chance to see the Sooners play the Irish in South Bend. It was kind of a "can't miss" in my book.

6/18/2013, 03:19 AM
Going to a game in South Bend is a definite on my bucket list, and I can't imagine ever wanting to go see Notre Dame play anyone else, so I decided this could be the last time I get the chance to see the Sooners play the Irish in South Bend. It was kind of a "can't miss" in my book.I don't think i would enjoy being around all the domer fans that would be at the game. It was annoying even seeing them in Norman last year, and there weren't all that many there.

Chuck Bao
6/18/2013, 03:26 AM
My brother and I are currently planning to drive up. No idea yet how we'll get tix or our route up there or where we'll stay.

Sooner24
6/18/2013, 05:02 AM
I don't think i would enjoy being around all the domer fans that would be at the game. It was annoying even seeing them in Norman last year, and there weren't all that many there.

A lot of years have passed since we played there last but of all the true away games I have attended no where have I been treated better than South Bend.

HateTheWhorns
6/18/2013, 09:26 AM
I took a Domer to last years game and made his season. He's returning the favor as we are traveling to South Bend together and staying at his parents house which is walking distance from the stadium. Hope he makes my season.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
6/18/2013, 09:28 AM
We stayed in Chicago in 1999 and if I remember correctly you better take a ****load of dimes because it seemed we stopped and payed toll every 10 miles.

http://thumbs.anyclip.com/tMUs0FGO8/tmb_4590_480.jpg

And Illinois will have the highest gas prices you've ever seen. Fill up before you cross the line.

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2013, 08:23 PM
And Illinois will have the highest gas prices you've ever seen. Fill up before you cross the line.

Just checked my car rental invoice. $310 total for 3 days. $207 for the car and this sh*t...

Customer Facility Charge 8.00/day ....$24
Vehicle License Recovery 1.25/day ....$3.75
Concession Recovery Fee 11.10 Pct (11.1%) ....$23.49
Lessor Tax 2.75 Usd/rntl ....$2.75
Auto Renting Occupation Tax (5.0%) ....$11.76
Mpea Tax (6.0%) ....$14.11
Mass Transit Tax (1.0%) ....$2.35
Chicago Transaction Tax (8.0%) ....$18.81

50% tax on the rental...F U Chicago.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/23/2013, 11:45 AM

Just checked my car rental invoice. $310 total for 3 days. $207 for the car and this sh*t...

Oh. Illinois is horrible. Worst place I have ever lived. Looking forward for my children to grow up so I can bolt outta here.

I'm still hoping to get tix. Lots of string pulling going on.

soonersam
6/24/2013, 03:39 PM
We're flying to Chicago the Sunday before and driving up to Kholer to play whistling straits and black wolf run the week of.

Any rooming tips for South Bend??

Sooner24
6/25/2013, 06:49 PM

We are flying into Indianapolis and driving to South Bend. My two day rental is $96.45 all in. Mid-size SUV.

Sooner24
6/25/2013, 06:50 PM
Double post

MI Sooner
7/15/2013, 09:20 AM
FYI, Southwest now services Grand Rapids, which is around a two hour drive. I think they have non-stop flights from St. Louis, Denver, Baltimore/DC, and Orlando. I think they just acquired a different discount carrier, so these aren't new routes, but if you're flying from SW-land in OK/TX, you can probably get cheaper flights now with a connection.

Also, just got ticket @face, thanks to an ND friend. Really looking forward to it, as ND is among the best opposing fan bases I've encountered and that campus is great in the fall.

Sooner24
9/19/2013, 08:25 AM
Bump

aurorasooner
9/19/2013, 10:39 PM
I was watching the NFL channel game between KC/Eagles and they said next Thurs Night is the RAMS/49ers in St. Louis. Be a helluva trip to start out in St. Louis on Thurs and watch Sammy then on to South Bend and watch the Sooners. (if they both win of course)

yermom
9/19/2013, 10:40 PM
who wants to sell me some reasonable tickets? :D

BigTip
9/19/2013, 11:02 PM
#9 above was a joke. A raucus frivolity. That's right. I hear you(the old-timers) laughing out there. If you don't get it, you're too young. If you get it, but don't think it's funny, or DGAS, then bite me, or kiss off, or something like that.

It was funny and I was also tapping my toe as I hummed it.

olevetonahill
9/19/2013, 11:30 PM
who wants to sell me some reasonable tickets? :D

Whats reasonable Bro? Ive seen em anywhere from 150 on UUUU{PPPPP

Chuck Bao
9/19/2013, 11:41 PM
Flying to O'Hare Thursday night and renting an SUV to drive to South Bend.

olevetonahill
9/19/2013, 11:44 PM
Flying to O'Hare Thursday night and renting an SUV to drive to South Bend.

Hope you have a great time Bro, Wish I was going with you.

soonerboomer93
9/20/2013, 12:31 AM
At least from my experiences with work trips up there, if you're flying into Chicago and renting a car, you're probably better off with one of the toll pass packages. There's a ton of toll roads.

I'll look tomorrow to see what rental car place I always used for work, but I'm pretty sure it was ACE.

9/20/2013, 12:38 AM
A lot of years have passed since we played there last but of all the true away games I have attended no where have I been treated better than South Bend.They've got our number. They OWN us. So, not so surprised you were treated well. domer/OU = OU/FSU Criminoles

yermom
9/20/2013, 06:22 AM
Whats reasonable Bro? Ive seen em anywhere from 150 on UUUU{PPPPP

Where? I'm looking for two though

Jason White's Third Knee
9/20/2013, 08:05 AM

$150?????? Where?????

One ticket. That's all I need.

C&CDean
9/20/2013, 08:30 AM
We had a pair bought for $200 per and momma just emailed me pics of the tickets. They're in Section 111 on about the 30 (upper deck). The guy said "I just don't feel right gouging you, so just give me face value." She wired him $99 per ticket from the credit union and he emailed her the tracking number on the tickets. Got a pair for $198.

Now comes the problem...which isn't really a problem, but it's certainly a monkey wrench.

My boy comes home from Afghanistan this weekend sometime, and they're planning the welcome home celebration on either the 27th or 28th. Several family members have asked the commander to move it up a day or two since lots of us are going to Notre Dame. Still haven't heard if he'll do it or not.

olevetonahill
9/20/2013, 08:55 AM

Sent ya a Peem Bro. I dont remember where I saw them , But I gave you the 2 locations I would have been looking for em.

XingTheRubicon
9/20/2013, 09:08 AM
have one xtra ticket....7 people going and have 8 tix

flysooner9
9/20/2013, 02:10 PM
have one xtra ticket....7 people going and have 8 tix

Sent ya a PM

I Am Right
9/20/2013, 04:44 PM
Five of us leaving AM coming back PM

Whet
9/20/2013, 08:40 PM
Wife and I will probably go. We'll stay at home, drive down for the game and back home afterwards.

C&CDean
9/22/2013, 09:04 AM
My boy is coming home from Afghanistan to Norman on Saturday at 12:30. We can't miss it.

I've got two tickets available in Section 111, Row 26. Somewhere around the 25-30 yard line. Peem me if you're interested.

Whet
9/22/2013, 11:28 AM
Those are some pretty good tickets! Damn, I just bought my tickets yesterday evening!

okiewaker
9/22/2013, 02:02 PM
If there were ever a OOC game to go to,,this is the one, IMO. I'm still considering on going but lady boss is giving me sh!t about putting in sick days, in advance.

HoserSooner
9/23/2013, 02:08 PM
Leaving work (after the our poker tournament) Thursday, and stopping over just this side of the border, then making the rest of the trip Friday morning. Staying in Howe, which is about 45 minutes East of South Bend on the Friday night, and making it in early Saturday morning with a bag full o Canadian beer. Don't have a ticket yet, but I'm going to roll the dice, and see what I can get from scalpers, unless there is someone that is looking to unload a single ticket out there, I'd be all over it.

bobcatsoonermagic
9/24/2013, 09:52 AM
Driving to Warsaw IN Friday morning; getting in the hotel, then heading up to SB (about an hour) to "experience" the campus on other than a game day, knowing how nutzoid the campus will be Saturday. Going to the game with a ND Law grad (and get this - UT undergrad ???? Wow - DOUBLE reason to hate his guts!!!!). He highly recommends going to campus Friday to really experience it if you're already in IN.

BTW, you all should know -- he was in Norman for the game last year - he still raves about how friendly all the OU fans, tailgaters, whoever, were to him !!!! Said it's the BEST he's ever been treated in decades of traveling for college football !!!. He couldn't walk 50 feet in the tailgate area without being offered a beer and a brat, despite being all dolled up in ND regalia. Couldn't get over it.

I had already told him about all the positive responses of the Fla State fans who came up a few years back and were so pleasantly surprised at their treatment - he was skeptical until last fall. Y'all made a believer out of him, I'll tell you that !!!!

Anyway, if you are staying south of SB, there's a big Amish area in Nappanee, which is about halfway between. Supposedly there are some KILLER Amish restaurants in the area. I'd check Trip Advisor for reviews, and whether they're open Sunday, etc.

Supposedly there is plenty of "neighborhood/yard" parking near campus. Expect to pay the normal gouge rates, but it's there, particularly south of campus. Having experienced Norman on a game-day, he says ND will empty out after the game much better than traffic empties out in Norman - more large thoroughfares to funnel the cars than Norman has. However, it will still take you a while to get out of town after it's over. If you don't mind a walk, he reecommends you get there early, park far away as you can, and walk to the stadium You'll be at the outer edges of the crush when you walk back to your car, and quicker onto the highway.

SB forecast right now for Saturday is 60 and 80, wind at 12. I can tell you, it WILL get nippy as the sun goes down, so layer up like you would in Norman, but kickoff looks to be pristine !!!!

And just off the presses - just got his e-mail prediction (for what it's worth). A look into the mind of a Domer.....

BOOMER SOONER !!!!!

MSU played very tight defense in the secondary, a la Seattle NFL team. There were a lot of pass interference calls in the game, some of which were bad calls that hurt MSU but there were several missed pass interference calls as well. MSU played an extremely aggressive secondary man-to-man coverage that prevented the ND receivers from getting enough separation for the long tosses by Rees. It is my recollection that OU plays man at times and zone at time. Either way, OU did not play tight man coverage last season and I suspect that it will not do so this game as well. It is correct that ND’s runners are not as good as last year but their pass catchers are faster and better than last year. Further, though Rees is not nimble afoot and does not have a cannon for an arm, but it is true that his arm strength is significantly improved from last season and that he is one of the best QBs in the nation at reading defenses both before the snap and during the play. If OU plays soft, then I expect two or three bombs by ND over the top. We have two receivers, Chris Brown and Will Fuller, who run 4.4 or below. We have two receivers who are tall with big hands, Davaris Daniels and Corey Robinson. We have TJ Jones who is quick, smart and big hands running out of the slot. If Rees gets time to read and throw, then OU will give up points. The real key to this game is OU’s running attack. If ND shuts down OU running this year as it did last year, then ND wins. If, however, OU establishes and maintains a run game, then OU can win. The refs will be Big 12 refs. The replay refs are ACC. So far the ACC refs have not been partial to newbie ND.

It should be a great game. I expect an instant classic. If it comes down to the last drive, then I favor ND. If OU holds a 9+ point lead going into the 4th quarter, then OU should win. If ND holds a 4+ lead going into the 4th quarter with possession of the ball, then OU will be in trouble.

Prediction: ND 27 OU 26

flysooner9
9/24/2013, 09:58 AM
Anyone have an extra ticket? I'm still looking.

badger
9/24/2013, 10:05 AM
$177 on StubHub now.

NP is going, I'm staying home with toddler. I hope those of you that get to go get to see a win

HoserSooner
9/24/2013, 10:07 AM
Anyone have an extra ticket? I'm still looking.

A ND fan/alum I know, has told me that there are plenty of tickets that are available out on Angela Blvd. (main street south of the stadium) from scalpers on the Friday and the day of the game. That's probably what I'm going to shoot for.

flysooner9
9/24/2013, 10:30 AM
Any idea what you think prices will be on the street? I'm limited to about 150 per.

sooner46
9/24/2013, 10:49 AM
C&CDean My boy is coming home from Afghanistan to Norman on Saturday at 12:30. We can't miss it.

Please thank your son for his service to our country.

HoserSooner
9/24/2013, 10:54 AM
Any idea what you think prices will be on the street? I'm limited to about 150 per.

Not quite sure - he did say that the scalped tickets would be cheaper than they are on Stub Hub, which would be nice - I haven't found a cheap one yet. Also, on game days, apparently the box office at the stadium makes returned tickets available for sale, but not counting on having that option.

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 03:45 PM
After reading XTR's post about his rental car, I had to go back and look at what I paid. Keep in mind, I'm flying into Toledo (much different than flying into Chicago):

I reserved a "standard" car from Enterprise, and my total was $174 (from Friday to Monday night). So, not a huge difference.

We're sitting in the middle of Irish fans, I really, REALLY hope we play well.

yermom
9/24/2013, 05:38 PM

i really think that will be doable, at least if you aren't picky for seats. there are singles getting close to that on stubhub ($175 at the moment)

we should be staying ~60 miles from South Bend using Dean's tickets (thanks Dean)

I'm glad that i get his tickets for a good reason :D

8timechamps
9/24/2013, 05:57 PM
i really think that will be doable, at least if you aren't picky for seats. there are singles getting close to that on stubhub ($175 at the moment)

we should be staying ~60 miles from South Bend using Dean's tickets (thanks Dean)

Sweet. I'm glad you got his tickets. Keep the streak alive baby!

HoserSooner
9/25/2013, 09:07 AM
So is there anywhere in particular that everyone here is gathering before the game? Probably just going to throw a bunch of beer in a backpack, and walk around for the most part, but wouldn't mind meeting a few people before.

flysooner9
9/25/2013, 11:27 AM
Landed a pair of tickets but only need one so I have one for sale in sec 122. Just looking to get what I paid. pM me if interested.

Whet
9/25/2013, 03:06 PM
So is there anywhere in particular that everyone here is gathering before the game? Probably just going to throw a bunch of beer in a backpack, and walk around for the most part, but wouldn't mind meeting a few people before.
I heard the golf course parking (don't know north or south) and the White lot - too far north.

Chuck Bao
9/26/2013, 01:34 AM

My trip is not so well organized. But, I'll meet up with ya if you share one of your backpack beers.

C&CDean
9/26/2013, 08:10 AM

I only sold em' to you cause I knew you weren't taking your whore girlfriend Doleo with you.

Cheer loud Dave. Bring us home a victory!

HoserSooner
9/26/2013, 08:19 AM
My trip is not so well organized. But, I'll meet up with ya if you share one of your backpack beers.

I think that is pretty much a given - if I drink all 24 of 'em, I'm not sure that I'll make it anywhere close to my seat. :friendly_wink:

instigator
9/26/2013, 08:37 AM
I only sold em' to you cause I knew you weren't taking your whore girlfriend Doleo with you.

Cheer loud Dave. Bring us home a victory!

But did you know I'd be soiling the seats? :)

Thanks a lot for letting us have them!!

C&CDean
9/26/2013, 10:31 AM
But did you know I'd be soiling the seats? :)

Thanks a lot for letting us have them!!

I figured as much. Enjoy them.

okiedokie
9/26/2013, 11:06 PM
Got my tickets today and heading from Chi town on Sat, not sure where to park so that we can hang with other soonerfans peeps? I heard north parking lot? I assume almost anywhere is okay for tailgating?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/27/2013, 12:59 PM
Bump. I'd like to know who's hanging out.

Phil
9/27/2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah - me too.

okiedokie
9/27/2013, 05:49 PM
We are arriving around 9am local time and gonna make a day of it...i was just gonna walk around and mingle with other sooner fans but if there is a place that most of you are meeting i would like to join up? Thanks

HoserSooner
9/27/2013, 08:48 PM
I was walking around the campus today, and may have found a good spot to park right by the stadium. If that fails, I'm parking in the white lot to the north, and will be making my way down to the stadium. Aiming to arrive on campus for 9:00ish. Have a couple of guys cell numbers to meet up, but haven't figured out where. I'll gladly share a few of my Canadian beers with a few of you - shoot me an email at [email protected], and we'll see what we can figure out, or PM me your cell #.

8timechamps
9/27/2013, 10:47 PM
Ran into an older (70's) couple this evening at dinner (we're in Toledo) that were DIE HARD ND fans. We all had our Sooner stuff on, and they noticed it and came over to talk to us. Very, VERY nice couple, and they both said they really thought OU would win. Thought that was cool.

yermom
9/27/2013, 11:58 PM
Boomer Sooner from Portage Indiana

should be a straight shot to South Bend in the morning

olevetonahill
9/28/2013, 12:13 AM
Boomer Sooner from Portage Indiana

should be a straight shot to South Bend in the morning

Enjoy Bro.

Phil
9/28/2013, 08:22 AM
Breakfasting in Des Plaines, Illinois, getting ready to head that direction. Anybody who wants to get together, just pm me. I'm solo on this trip.

instigator
9/28/2013, 02:16 PM
Thanks again Dean! These seats are great.